• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
LOL at the guy saying Zelda is "nerfed". I fail to see how inescapable (as in, can no longer SDI out of them) Smash Attacks and extremely low-percent kills on a very fast teleport equals "nerfed". People just don't know how to Zelda. As for me? I'm gonna go back to playing her like a Kirby final boss as I always did. Teleport > Teleport > Teleport > Teleport > Teleport > Din's Fire > more teleports > Nayru's Love > cue more teleports. Yeah, that's basically how I Zelda.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Ben says this game is gonna be more competitive than Melee. If that's the case then Yoshi is gonna be exploited so much :4yoshi::4shulk::4robinm:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Thank you god-based tier Yoshi :4yoshi:
So happy. To be exploited and used as a murderous green Koopa eating machine. RIP Meta Knight S tier Long live the Yosh. #YearOfYoshi2015
Also Ben seems to have gone quiet maybe he got kicked out

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Seeing as how the only change we know of for yoshi is jump OOS and i think egg range increase (doesn't pop until it hits the ground), i don't see how those things alone make him god tier. We need more info.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
So happy. To be exploited and used as a murderous green Koopa eating machine. RIP Meta Knight S tier Long live the Yosh. #YearOfYoshi2015
Also Ben seems to have gone quiet maybe he got kicked out
Looks like it ahaha
But he also said that C. Falcon is real close to his Melee version, I'm guessing besides the lag from his mistimed down air and Knee of Justice, he is Melee Falcon

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Thank you god-based tier Yoshi :4yoshi:
Actually, you guys are misinterpreting him maybe? He said Yoshi was the worst of the four "top-tiers" with Robin being the best, I thought? Someone asked:

"palutena shulk robin and yoshi in order of how good"
to which he replied:
"worst to best: Yoshi < palutena < shulk < robin"
*syntax added for ease of comprehension

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I wouldn't take everything Ben says as gospel. Seems like a lot of what he's saying is just opinion, not news.

Wasn't it said that Falcon's knee has noticeable landing lag?

Edit: Never mind

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Literally do not take anything about people calling characters "buffed" or "nerfed" for anything at all.

Marth appears to have been nerfed into the ground, and he could end up being a top tier. Yoshi and Bowser look like they've been buffed into the ceiling, and they could still end up being ****. You can't get an accurate estimation on the power level of characters from a few people in a matter of days when we can't manage to make accurate tier lists when the entire world has access to the games for months.

Please stop speculating about characters being terrible or god tier from this information.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I like this Fire Peach alternate. Now I need a good orange Yoshi alt. Anyone know how to change the colors of the characters? :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Once again guys... Remember that these are just first impressions. We're going to need much more time than just this demo to figure out who is really who with tiers. =P

EDIT: Pleasantly :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Um here's some reddit stuff
"Charizard is mostly unchanged. As I said yesterday I sense a lot of Project M "inspiration" in a lot of the changes to characters moves. His recovery is like an upward flare blitz. Good vertical range, bad horizontal. No gliding. Still has multiple jumps. His side B can be used as a horizontal recovery, it's a horizontal flare blitz."
Was this posted before?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
How the hell do you get more competitive than melee? Sounds like hype-rbole to me.
Depends on the context. Melee, as a game engine, provided so many minor complexities that it was extremely competitive. Not just by Smash standards, but fighting game standards in general.

However, it wasn't all that competitive in terms of character usage. We consistently see the same characters, same mechanics and same playstyles dominate most tournaments, with a few notable contradicting examples. Overall, though, the game's competitive scene was somewhat ironically limited. Only problem was, Brawl got even MORE limited with Metaknight.

I can believe a statement about SSB4 being "more competitive" in terms of characters and playstyles varying far more than before. I'll wait and see if that actually happens, but I don't consider such a statement to be blasphemous.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Is it possible for the Mods to post all of the information they've pooled together into the OP or something on the first page of the thread?

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
The Twitter guy said that Zelda was nerfed...how is that even possible? XD
Also, he said that Meta Knight sucks and that his recovery is bad...seriously? he has FOUR ways to recover :/

Some of the things that the guy says are just his opinions, not facts.
*All changes listed by him
Up B Puts him in blinking state, he can't camp on the ledge, he has no glides, Nado has low priority
His recovery isn't good anymore.

Frankly, unless you have an up b that allows you to move and attack after you use it you're going to have a very difficult time getting back on the ground.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Actually, you guys are misinterpreting him maybe? He said Yoshi was the worst of the four "top-tiers" with Robin being the best, I thought? Someone asked:

"palutena shulk robin and yoshi in order of how good"
to which he replied:
"worst to best: Yoshi < palutena < shulk < robin"
*syntax added for ease of comprehension
We're aware. Yoshi has just been an ok character since 64 unless you knew that impossible egg exploit. So it's a big buff for Yoshi to be even a good character

Black&Gray

Smash Rookie
I truly do think this game is going to be more competitive than Melee. The fact that Sakurai is trying to balance each character means he's trying to make each character viable in their own way, and not just seeing your typical Fox vs Falco on Final Destination. Also, I know no one mentioned this, but this game doesn't have to be as fast as Melee to be anymore competitive than it is. If the ground speed is as fast as Melee and air time is like Brawl (even though you can still fast fall), then I see this being competitive :)

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
There's a lot of potential stuff coming up from Reddit, around 25 posts ready. I'll relay info back onto this thread as fast as possible because I think if we all migrated there it'll crash. Don't worry bb's I'll be like Palutena's Lightweight fast

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
There's a lot of potential stuff coming up from Reddit, around 25 posts ready. I'll relay info back onto this thread as fast as possible because I think if we all migrated there it'll crash. Don't worry bb's I'll be like Palutena's Lightweight fast
can you link it?

micstar615

Smash Ace
I'd very happy with our favourite dino getting a buff but I'd be disappointed if Zelda, who has been consistently bad, get a nerf :( however my fellow Zelda players have noticed a lot of buffs so I hope this twitter guy is wrong.

I truly do think this game is going to be more competitive than Melee. The fact that Sakurai is trying to balance each character means he's trying to make each character viable in their own way, and not just seeing your typical Fox vs Falco on Final Destination. Also, I know no one mentioned this, but this game doesn't have to be as fast as Melee to be anymore competitive than it is. If the ground speed is as fast as Melee and air time is like Brawl (even though you can still fast fall), then I see this being competitive :)
Ugh. Just stop.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
The news about Yoshi potentially being Top Tier is really pleasing. Yoshi has been one of my mains since the original Smash game.

I was pretty happy that Shulk was confirmed for Smash, but after reading about how amazing Shulk is, my hype has increased. I feel that his range and new mechanics will add so much to the fun. If Marth doesn't end up being a good character, I feel that Marth mains will revert to Lucina and/or Shulk. Just my opinion.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I truly do think this game is going to be more competitive than Melee. The fact that Sakurai is trying to balance each character means he's trying to make each character viable in their own way, and not just seeing your typical Fox vs Falco on Final Destination.
Only one Fox main has ever won a major tournament, and he's literally the Greatest Smash Bros. player ever, Mango.

Literally it took the best smash player ever to win a major Melee tournament with Fox, the best character in the game.

Only two Falco mains (PC Chris and PPMD) have ever won a major tournament.

The top 8 at EVO 2014 played 9 characters in top 8. They main 7 different characters, and together have used roughly half the roster at worst.

Meanwhile, MvC3 is Morgdoom like crazy, and Virgil and Zero are everywhere.

Also, Fox and Falco don't even play on Final Destination. That's a stage people COUNTER-PICK THEM WITH!!!

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Please refrain from the competitive/balance talks guys. One person on Twitter does not dictate the tier list.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
His impressions of Robin and Shulk are genuinely getting me hyped. I'm really feelin it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom