• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35 Roster = TRUE!

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
...I knew this was gonna happen. Now that NyaseNya and ChaosZero have been proven true everyone's gonna whine about the lack of Geno/Ridley/Krystal and inclusion of R.O.B.

I for one am happy with the roster. No Roy sucks, but it was expected and Ike is a more than fair tradeoff. And Marth is back so my brother is happy. :)

Brawler Lime

Smash Cadet
hurrah! brawl is great!
we laugh at whiny sucksacks who backed sora all teh way!!!! joking peoples.
but TOON LINK IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! eeeee!! <<Fangirl Scream, even though im a guy.
Oh i wish i had brawl now!!!!

Televangelist

Smash Cadet
All in all, I like this roster. But I wish that the clone characters had been given more unique movesets. :(

Griffard

Smash Ace
I thought the ENTIRE point of this roster was to get RID of the clone characters!!! why did we get rid of roy, pichu, mewtwo (not really), and dr. mario if they were only replaced by MORE ****ING CLONESS??!?!?!?!? *******

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
This game was to over hyped so we expected a lot from it. Then WHAM! We find out that the roster is almost like melee's.

The roster is alright in my opinion, but come on Sakurai. He rejected so many unique character options that had more than deserving spots for brawl. Maybe he did it for the better of game modes like SSE anyway.

P.S - I'll be honest, I went furry and wanted Krystal in and for that I got a boot2dahead. I guess I have to consider using Wolf now in this case. He looks different except for his FS of course.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
How can this roster be real? Bowser's character box says "Koopa" instead of "Bowser".

Johivin

Smash Rookie
Are we even sure that the characters will only be unlocked through SSE? In Melee we also unlocked people through Classic and through other methods like the Events.

How do we know this is the final roster?

Nibwoddle

Smash Apprentice
I like the roster, but there could have been more to it. I'm not fully happy with what we didn't get... but I like what we did get. Though god**** another Fox clone. Oh well, if I'm playing as any of the Starfox chars, it'll be Wolf.

What surprised me though, is that I thought that we'd have the roster on Saturday. But, it was revealed before release. It's a really weird feeling right now. "Krystal deconfirmed despite all obvious points prove her in!" and "you son of a b****, Sakurai. Ridley's a boss."

Hmmm...................

mmm....

Well, I've got nothing more except for the fact that I hate that there'll be n00bs for the next month complaining.

Sir James

The Doctor
How can this roster be real? Bowser's character box says "Koopa" instead of "Bowser".
They call him Koopa in Japan. If you change your language to Japanese in Melee, the game will change Bowser's name to Koopa.

I'm happy with the roster for now, but I'm hoping we really don't have three Fox clones on our hands. Like someone mentioned earlier, why were the other clones removed just to add more clones? If there are still clones, they should have just kept Doctor Mario and Mewtwo.

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
I like brawl's roster, it's just awesome.

ROB, Lucario and Dedede are the only characters that I don't like, the others are perfect. Ridley would have been a little out of size in the game as playable, and I really don't like Krystal (Wolf is a hundred times better), nor Geno.

The only character that I miss in the roster is Hans :( :(

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Its the Japanese version you nimrod.

Anyway. Shut you guys, its gunna be a fun game. Cut urself or have fun. Take your pick.

You didn't have to be an ***hole about it.

Anyways, I'm ok with the roster. Not surprised to see Wolf instead of Krystal, though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
the roster doesent bother me much any more, what truely gets on my nerves is 3 fox clones :(

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
i hate the word clones, yes there was one clone in ssb, there were 6 clones in meele, there are 0 clones in brawl, luigi was decloned in meele and we dint refer to him a as clone, the same thing happened in brawl the meele clones were either cut or luigified. there are no clones as far as im concerned....

roster is good, i would have like to have seen geno but oh well...

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
Three Star Fox characters. I can't believe the developers think that Star Fox deserves as many characters as F-Zero and Fire Emblem COMBINED. At least ONE of the latter two series deserved another character.

And they cut Mewtwo, who was, and still would be, completely unique. Not to mention he was cut in favor of trash like a SECOND LINK.

I really have no idea what the developers were thinking when they put together this roster. Star Fox can't possibly be popular enough for three playable characters.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Its funny how that picture looks like this...

The hand is the same. It looks like 11 with a "p" hiding behind it.

Kix

Smash Journeyman
And if you look on 4chan, it's confirmed Wolf is indeed a Fox clone, or a semi-one. His FS is the Landmaster.
Sakurai, if I am ever in the same bathroom as you I will take laxatives and diarrhea in the toilet and slam your face into it. Whatever I have to endure to make this a reality is fine by me.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
wow...this is just wrong....no krystal...geno...ridley...or even megaman WTF nintendo!?
Hm? Megaman was deconfirmed a while ago, Keiji Inafune (his creator) said that nobody from Nintendo approached him about putting MM in Brawl, even though he would've liked the idea.

And the roster isn't bad at all. It does have a few clones, but we got a ton of new and awesome characters. It's just that most people don't appreciate them anymore since they were revealed early instead of some "ZOMG we got the leak and saw all these new characters".

Brawl Melee 64

Smash Cadet
Geno...Bomberman...Megaman...oh well Im certainly wont complain about a roster like this, we have a great cast right here, tons of awesome newcomers and all the veterans I wanted ^_^ I dont even know who Im going to main

Dudechapguyman

Smash Cadet
Hm? Megaman was deconfirmed a while ago, Keiji Inafune (his creator) said that nobody from Nintendo approached him about putting MM in Brawl, even though he would've liked the idea.
Inafune does not own Mega Man, he did not create Mega Man, and he no longer works on Mega Man games. All he did was put the finishing touches on Mega Man's design. Inafune would not have been even slightly important to Mega Man's inclusion in Brawl, and would not have been kept in the loop. Capcom made Megaman X6 without Inafune knowing about it until it was complete. Mega Man's lack of inclusion was never confirmed until Wolf was unlocked and we got the roster completion message.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I have to say i liked all the new comers but what I'm disappointed with is that there is only 4 more unlockable characters we didn't know about so i like the roster I'm a little disappointed that we pretty much knew everyone that there was to be unlocked. And from the looks of things there are now 3 versions of fox i like fox but we didn't need 3 of him thats disappointing. But the rest of the game is looks great.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
So by the looks of it yo can't pick zero suit samus as a different character from the selection screen? and only use her when u get a final smash ball with samus. That is the only thing that I think has absolutely ********. Smash balls shouldnt be used in the competitive scene and this fact helps there case for using them competitively. It just doesn't make any ****ing sense to build an entire character and not make her selectable from the screen. What a waste.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Inafune does not own Mega Man, he did not create Mega Man, and he no longer works on Mega Man games. All he did was put the finishing touches on Mega Man's design. Inafune would not have been even slightly important to Mega Man's inclusion in Brawl, and would not have been kept in the loop. Capcom made Megaman X6 without Inafune knowing about it until it was complete. Mega Man's lack of inclusion was never confirmed until Wolf was unlocked and we got the roster completion message.
What the deuce are you talking about?

Inafune IS Megaman's creator. He also made Zero. The X games after a certain point (X6) were not made by him, but they screwed up the storyline he had planned for Mega Man Zero so he made X sacrifice himself to end the Elf Wars (which happen after the X series) to set it back on track.

I guess you also didn't know that Zero was originally supposed to be X, but Capcom complained that he didn't look enough like Megaman. That's why Zero has risen to main character status over the years, because he was supposed to be the main character in the first place (which makes me sad because I like X).

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Haters, GET OVER IT! It's just a **** videogame!!!!!! Besides, the characer I wish would have made it are Krystal and Ridley.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm not made that the fact that it's a low amount of characters, I'm mad that the fact that there is no more females in the game.

Well, as long as they made Kirby good I supposes. I guess Panel De Pon didn't catach Sakurai attention. <_<

Johivin

Smash Rookie
Are we even sure that the characters will only be unlocked through SSE? In Melee we also unlocked people through Classic and through other methods like the Events.

How do we know this is the final roster?

Kix

Smash Journeyman
Haters, GET OVER IT! It's just a **** videogame!!!!!! Besides, the characer I wish would have made it are Krystal and Ridley.
Too bad it's not. This is pretty much like the biggest deal in videogame history. We've been complaining about the clones and similarity for a good long while and then this happens. Some BS characters like ROB were not cool and also Toon Link. Toon Link looks like a clone and that is just not cool. I was mad enough that wavedashing was gone, now L cancelling. I liked the depth from these things and then I was expecting too much.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Too bad it's not. This is pretty much like the biggest deal in videogame history. We've been complaining about the clones and similarity for a good long while and then this happens. Some BS characters like ROB were not cool and also Toon Link. Toon Link looks like a clone and that is just not cool. I was mad enough that wavedashing was gone, now L cancelling. I liked the depth from these things and then I was expecting too much.
WAHWAH

Toon Link (Wind Waker) ftw! I'm happy with the roster! Can't wait to play it :)

Top Bottom