• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

35 or 48 characters? What do you believe?

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Well heres a simple way of putting things..the more characters to enter the game the longer the delay will become. Seeing each character will have a final smash and special unique moves. But i would like to see at least 40 different playable characters.
Oh, of course. If we got the choice of a huge roster or a game that came out just a few months delayed from the original date, I'd take the game sooner, because then they already have some ideas for characters for the next game when they try to outdo themselves. However, I feel as though there are people floating around in the abyss out there that would feel disappointed if there were more characters than 35 by the 31st. I saw a few that seemed to feel that way because of "balance issues", but... I mean, balance in Smash? I don't even think that's possible for some characters.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.... 35 or 48? That's a big difference. 13 characters is more than Smash 64's whole roster.

Anyway, I'll go with 48 just because I think Nintendo is trying really hard to blow everyone away with this game. And a huge roster would surely do that.

But 35 characters with no clones wouldn't be bad either.

Milos

Smash Lord
no when it gets to that high number of characters, there's almost always one particular standout. and that character usually has reason for ban. banning characters in smash? not an option.

Zek

Smash Ace
Simply put, the 48 character rumor is a joke. It's based on a photo of a piece of paper with Japanese words on it, nothing more. People are believing it for no reason other than their own wishful thinking. Contrast that with the 35 character rumor, which people believe despite the bad news because the sources are relatively reliable and it adds up with what we know. That's the difference between a credible rumor and a complete fabrication. I'm not saying 35-chars is necessarily true for a fact, but it's more likely than any of the other rumors at this point.

Deathparasol

Smash Journeyman
The question is, do you know where you are? HMMM?
Hmmm, now it's not that I don't want to believe it (because I don't, I'll be honest) but I doubt the 35 character roster, as there is no good enough proof, and that Nintendo certainly wouldn't let us down like that, right? After all this hype, and after Sakurai saw the demand for many different characters, I trust his judgment...

But 48 may be a little too much to hope for... although it would make me very happy, ya.

VelvedJones

Smash Rookie
hes gonna read this thread and be like "dang they wanted 48, i only put in 40! oh well time for another delay"

Wyvernkni

Smash Cadet
I'm leaning far over towards 48. I don't buy the 35 because simply: I. Hate. Prophets. I don't trust any of their info, and the Japanese source strikes me as being FAR more reliable then some "prophet".

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to believe the 35 roster list. PORTRAITofRUIN didn't lied about the story about Stella and Loretta being Eric Lecarde's daughters, Richter, and Sisters mode in Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and the announcement of two new Castlevanias which ended up to be Dracula X Chronicles and a third DS game.

volbound1700

Smash Master
48 because as someone pointed out, unlockables would be really small and number of characters almost doubled from 64 to melee and I expect the same here. There has to be a great number of unlockables.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Well..what do we have now?
25 on the Dojo, 3 "leaked", and Ganondorf, Luigi and Captain Falcon are obvious.. so thats 31.
saying that we will only get 4 more characters is kinda..lame. I doubt that we will get that few. SSB64 had 12, SSBM had like 25 or so, Brawl is probably gonna have around 48, give or take.
I don't think they'd do as few as 35. The lowest I can see is 40.

That roster with the 35 characters is lacking alot of expected characters. It doesn't seem right to me. And unless Nintendo sells Character packs on the shop channel, I doubt they'd leave us with 35.

48 is my vote. Or at least around that number. 45 seems more sensible.

Plus the only "prophet" I believe is Serebii.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . .IDK how 240 hours is going to be the rate for SSE nor how 240 points at 48 characters when they can have you play SSE as the same character under different condictions. They never said that you only play with one character ONCE. And wheres this artical anyway? Lets have SP translate it or someone else.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is the 35 roster for anybody to refer to, may want to put this on the first post,

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Pit
28. Ice Climbers
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. R.O.B.
31. Wario
32. Pikmin & Olimar
33. Captain Falcon
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Zek

Smash Ace
I'm leaning far over towards 48. I don't buy the 35 because simply: I. Hate. Prophets. I don't trust any of their info, and the Japanese source strikes me as being FAR more reliable then some "prophet".
lol, are you serious? Japanese leakers are "prophets" too. And the source you've decided to trust is far, far less reputable. As in, it's basically a confirmed fake. You guys are completely disregarding the evidence and just choosing the one you'd prefer.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Thats it, I can't find any proof that famitsu says ANYTHING along the lines of what this thread it cailming. Show the scan or its a blunt rumor. Cause right now only one person has said that. . . and they didn't show proof either.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm leaning towards 35 now, really just because the evidence is leaning towards the reputable leakers. It's rather sad, and the roster seems quite underwhelming, but Melee's seemed that way at first too.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
if nobody noticed it, this nearly confirmed 35 character roster works with the icon thoery. 2 icons left: game and watch and rob

Siegfried

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing 35.

The 48 thing is a complete fabrication. The so called "newspaper article" looks like its printed on normal paper made by Word and nothing like an actual article in a newspaper.

Top Bottom