• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

$3000 MVC2 money match!

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I don't care if you play MVC2 or not, this shiet is too good.

Its too hype! Dark Prince vs Cl0ckwork!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty7VUjGiGoA&mode=related&search= The video that started it all, interview with Dark Prince

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUH-wSTzyzA&mode=related&search= Teaser Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2QB4F6R3Xo Intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX_o1iXpwuw&mode=related&search= Game 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUAkmA8Chgo&mode=related&search= Game 2

I'll post up more later if theres interest.

Unsafe

Smash Rookie
While this was very hype and match 7-9 was awesome, this individual has been banned from the EVOLUTION tournament series for repeated threats of physical violence. And frankly I can understand why. They did a couple interviews and aftermath interviews with his "gang".

Marvel is quite possibly the most over the top hype game for the traditional fighting games, with money matches going past a grand all over the place. Also, out of ALL fighting games, it has the most intense and bitter WC vs. EC rivalry, ala $6000 money match of Duc Do vs. Sanford Kelly.

It's also the hardest of the traditional fighting games to get into do it's annoying platform problems (DC is the only good version, PS2 and XBOX versions suck, Arcade is too expensive) rediculessly learning curve (Magneto=Fox on crack) and rather disturbing lack of balance (half the character select screen is unusable).

Lesheik

Smash Lord
how can u even compare the 2?

we all know that MVC2 is the better game right?

=]
No. In MVC2 you have to play a certain way for a specific character, you can't create your own style to the characteror you'll get owned. It's not like that in SSBM.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
1st of all i was just kidding.

2nd of all.the game its self is very complex so u cant just use 1 style 4 1 character.there are many charcacters in the game that all use diffrent styles 4 countering,being offensive,defensive,etc .so really its not better just u cant be a noob and still get somewhere.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
1st of all i was just kidding.

2nd of all.the game its self is very complex so u cant just use 1 style 4 1 character.there are many charcacters in the game that all use diffrent styles 4 countering,being offensive,defensive,etc .so really its not better just u cant be a noob and still get somewhere.
I think the best competitive game ever are:

1: MVC2
2: SSBM
3: 3RDSTRIKE
4: HALO 2

MVC2 is too good..

pdk

Smash Lord
that list needs more kof98 (granted kof2k2 is arguably as balanced as kof gets so far but whatever, balance-wise they're still on the same level as stuff like ssbm and 3s which is still pretty good place to be)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's rediculous. I could never see myself throwing money around like that.

I wish the game screen was bigger so I could actually tell who was what.

Unsafe

Smash Rookie
Actually, Clockw0rk is playing his name sake team (aka Team Clockw0rk Strider/Dr.Doom/Sentinal) and Dark Prince is counter it with Team Scrub (Sentinal/Cable/Cyclops). It's an uphill battle for Clockw0rks team due to how annoying Cyclops Anti Air assit can be in that match, but Clockw0rk stays on top and shows whose the real master.

Strider is only really good with Dr.Doom (Anti-Air) assist. Without him, his capacity for dying very fast and his inability to chip the hell out of people (via Doom Assist) makes him too weak.

Clockw0rks skill with Strider though is very impressive and his execution is spot on. So much so that throughout the money match Dark Prince failed to set up multiple Air Hyper Viper Beams (think: most broken super ever) with Cable.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
id say that halo 2 goes 2 spot 2 and ssbm goes 2 spot 3.and wtf is 3rd strike?
It shouldn't take me four times reading a thread to understand what someone is trying to say. Please spell your words.

Anyways. That match was insane. But I too can never see myself actually wasting that much on a video game. Ever.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
It shouldn't take me four times reading a thread to understand what someone is trying to say. Please spell you your words.

Anyways. That match was insane. But I too can never see myself actually wasting that much on a video game. Ever.

how are u gonna tell me how 2 type?

they are numbers that have the same sound when u say them so why they **** does it matter?

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
What's stupid is that that's not even the biggest recorded money match for it. The highest, as far as I know is $6600.

Marvel is sick.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
lol. Yea I messed up. Sorry about that. Mooney, Sorry for being a jerk, I guess I got carried away. But still. It would be nice for everyone reading if you could spell them out when you say "to" multiple times in one sentence. Just for clarity sake.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
lol. Yea I messed up. Sorry about that. Mooney, Sorry for being a jerk, I guess I got carried away. But still. It would be nice for everyone reading if you could spell them out when you say "to" multiple times in one sentence. Just for clarity sake.
rofl.yeah thats cool bro. ill be glad "to" do that.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
3000 dollars o.O

Haha and i thought a 10 dollar money match was intense

haha better yet look at the falcon boards there was a thirty page thread on a 100 dollar money match lmao

J Flo

Smash Journeyman
I love MvC2, but I seriously think the competition is just too much. Nobody seems to respect anyone, and it seems like everyone plays mainly to earn respect.

So much so that throughout the money match Dark Prince failed to set up multiple Air Hyper Viper Beams (think: most broken super ever) with Cable.
I noticed Dark Prince failed to execute the AHVB at times in th e first 2 matches. But I shouldn't say anything, I'm not good at MvC2 and Dark Prince himself will physically threaten me.

NG7

Smash Lord
Would've been cool to see DP pass the cash on video. hahaha

Top Bottom