• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 types of wario dacus?

ptv999

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm not a wario user personally, but I was trying him out, and i couldn't find any thread on this so...

Does Wario have 3 types of dacus?

1. It slides him VERY far (almost as far as snake's though not quite)
2. It slides him very little (less than jigglypuff's)
3. It slides him pretty far but you do your upsmash right after you actually perform your dash attack, where the dash attack's hitting frames are actually visible, then you quickly cancel the remaining frames it with your upsmash.

For number three, compare it to jiggz, wolf, link etc. When they do their dacus, you can't actually distinguish their dash attack animations even if you go slow mo (fine maybe if you go real slow mo).

Also, number three would be more like snake's dacus since snake's dash attack's frames actually come up, and it hits the enemy on the way unlike the others.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I know what you are saying about number three. I think you are referring to when you actually hit the opponent, you see the dash attack hit, THEN the usmash. That's what I feel.

And I don't know how to control how far the dacus goes, although the far one is usually best, I just want to have control over my character.

I also have about a 60% chance of nailing it, I just don't seem to have the timing down, any tips on that?

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
Depending on your timing and what animation you are in will affect how far you slide, and during what animation you will see your character perform the usmash. Test it out during different frames of your run with Pit. It will give you a good idea of when it slides you farthest.

YagamiDark

Smash Journeyman
No he doesn't have three types of DACUS. There is only ONE DACUS.

The first example you wrote about is the proper DACUS. That's how it should be.

The second example you wrote about, I'm not too sure. Possible just a hyphen smash due to an error preforming the technique.

The third is a gattling combo. People like Falco can do this too, it's just not too great for Wario. You do the dash attack and quickly cancel it into an UpSmash. It's slower than the DACUS. You can do this by dashing, hitting the cstick down then quickly hitting it up to cancel the dash attack.

Yea. To get the first one consistently all I can say is that you gotta practice.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
no its actually possible to not time the dacus well and get a shorter distance, there are three variations of it. Although you are right, the third instance is the upsmash canceled dash attack.

Top Bottom