• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 Snakes on a Dojo!

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
This update seems to have made Snake even more awesome than he was when he was first revealed... I think it's down to the epic music update and seeing him stranglehold Ike that like. I can just imagine all the steamy fanfiction and fanart already!

I think it's good to see someone like Solid Snake in Smash, since he has appeared in more than enough Nintendo console games, fills up the "badass" quota, and opens up the doors to some more epic appearances from some mascots who generally wander around all of the consoles... I have no idea who is good enough to get in, but Sonic would be kinda nice I guess. Just so I can have endless fights with just him and Mario, just like what the child in me wants.

One thing I DO know however, is that this Naruto discussion that has somehow popped up here is UTTERLY POINTLESS, since Sakurai himself has said that he wasn't going to put in characters who originated from manga/anime, and that means poor old Naruto has no chance at all.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why not Sora 4 Brawl!
NOW you're talkin'. :) I adore Sora.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah. Yay Snake. I don't know how much I'll be using him though. He seems like the slow type, the grenades appear to be less effective versions of Link's bombs, and that remote missile looks useless. He still doesn't look like a very appealing character to use, but he's nice to look at.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
NOW you're talkin'. :) I adore Sora.

EDIT: Oh, and yeah. Yay Snake. I don't know how much I'll be using him though. He seems like the slow type, the grenades appear to be less effective versions of Link's bombs, and that remote missile looks useless. He still doesn't look like a very appealing character to use, but he's nice to look at.
It's too bad that Sora's inclusion in Brawl is slim. I think he would be cool for Brawl as yet another third party character. Well, at least Snake's in it and many MGS fans are going to like playing as him. I just want him to be a good character.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I've been wondering for a while....WHAT THE HELL is naruto??
Naruto is an anime/manga that's very popular in Japan, and overhyped in America.

I suggest watching One Piece, myself. The new FUNimation dub will be shown in exactly 22 hours and 40 minutes from now...

that's 10:00 PM EST, on Toonami.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Naruto is an anime/manga that's very popular in Japan, and overhyped in America.

I suggest watching One Piece, myself. The new FUNimation dub will be shown in exactly 22 hours and 40 minutes from now...

that's 10:00 PM EST, on Toonami.
No! The Dubbed...Sux...plz ever e mentioned that Revolting form of the anime that I love DXXXX ........plz (^^)v

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Actually, only 4Kids sucks. Seriously, I'll bet FUNimation does a great job. They did a great job with DBZ and a lot of the other [adult swim] dubs.
for One Piese its all right...(does FUNimation actually dub One Piece)......I still cannot beleive they took off "Kirby: Right Back At Ya!" from 4 kids........the b@st@rds.............how can ppl like Winx more than Kirby!?!?!?!!?!?! DDDDDX *cries my lungs out *...

and no the Dubbed version of Naruto does suck

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The only thing wrong with this, is that Snake is NOT going to look appealing, he's going to look KICK-YOU-IN-THE-BALLS-24/7 KICK-***. But the whole "not good" shtick, that's all true.
:ohwell:

EDIT: Yea, I think VIZ does a good job. Bleach however, only the core cast members are acceptable, everyone else it seems like they're TRYING to make them sound horrific, and unlike their attempts at making someone sound good, they're SUCCEEDING.
Who did Trigun? Because Johnny Bosch did the best dub job ever done on an anime. Props to everyones favorite Vash the Stampede.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
That's who this thread is for. Ask away.
Even though we all kno that Snake is a Playalbe character...I was looking through SmashWiki and it said that Snake had to be unlocked in order to play as him....do u remember Sakurai ever stating that Snake had to be unlocked?????

Whoops double posted XP srry

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Even though we all kno that Snake is a Playalbe character...I was looking through SmashWiki and it said that Snake had to be unlocked in order to play as him....do u remember Sakurai ever stating that Snake had to be unlocked?????

Whoops double posted XP srry
Check Samurai Panda's thread. Sakurai states that he feels all 3rd Party guest characters should be unlocked. He feels it would be fitting.

So yes, Snake will be unlockable.

The same goes for Sonic the Hedgehog.

M.K

Level 55
HEY! You two lovebirds! Sword and Peach, try to stay on topic.

Eh, I'm not too interested in Snake, he seems...clunkish.

PRINCESS PEACH 777

Smash Lord
ok you are being scariy:scared:
we are not besides no one is posting
any ways you are right since snake is a newcomer...
i bet he will be like samus using bombs which means
it will make it easy for him to grab his foe

Top Bottom