• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 fun ways to kill with Popo =P

smaci92

Smash Lord
This is probably already known, but just letting it get more known lol...and besides, they look cool! :bee:

Here's a vid of the three ways:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPWncHeRn08

1. Directions: grab with Popo > F-throw to Nana > short hop with Popo > release an F-throw with Nana the same time you do a F-air with Popo.
This is pretty easy to pull off. The opponent shouldn't be able to DI away from it.
2. Directions: grab with Popo > F-throw or B-throw to Nana > full hop and time a D-throw shortly after with Nana > F-air with Popo
This requires pretty precise timing...Probably pretty situational. I tested it, and the opponent cannot DI away from it---IF YOU TIME IT RIGHT.
3. Directions: grab with Popo > Blizzard with Nana while D-throwing with Popo > full hop with Popo and F-air
Now this one is not very useful...The opponent can DI away from it. But it's a good surprise move. And trust me: when this hits in an actual match, IT FEELS REALLY GOOD :chuckle:

Any uses for these???? I use the 1st one a lot and it works pretty good
:)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
They look good & interesting. O.o But wouldn't the 2nd and 3rd one be dodged and DI'able? But eh... this might be just for fun. xP

Oh ya I have a kill. :D :D

PB-throw to Nana and then short hop f-air with Popo. Simple, and satisfying kill, and of course you need the correct timing.

smaci92

Smash Lord
I'm not sure how the second one is hard to time... Isn't just like spiking down throw to nana forward air except with Popo???
No...It's not EXTREMLY hard to time...It's just harder than the others :)

you forgot up throw to bair...
nope...I didn't forget that...it's just that Hylian found it before me ^.^ so no point in putting it here and claiming that I discovered it ;)

They look good & interesting. O.o But wouldn't the 2nd and 3rd one be dodged and DI'able? But eh... this might be just for fun. xP
the second one is not DI'able---IF TIMED RIGHT. The third one is...but that one's just fun and flashy :bee:

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
nope...I didn't forget that...it's just that Hylian found it before me ^.^ so no point in putting it here and claiming that I discovered it ;)

i'm pretty sure you didn't "discover" any of these, you might have just pointed a few out

smaci92

Smash Lord
dude are you trying to start an argument?!!! cause what did I ever do to you?? No need to make a big deal about it...Besides, I never specifically said I discovered these; I just said I didn't discover the Hylian thing...and you jumped to conclusions and assumed that I was claiming that I discovered all of these...

and *cough cough* if you read the first post more clearly, maybe you would've saw this statement:
This is probably already known, but just letting it get more known lol...and besides, they look cool!
In other words: I "probably" didn't discover any of these, and I'm just pointing them out...

do you have a problem with making a new thread and making a video to make less known things more known?!

smaci92

Smash Lord
Calm down Smac. V__V

ill just stick to regular CGs and may add some flashiness.
lol ya I should calm down...sorry R1ngo if I sounded to mean in that post lol I just don't like it when people jump to conclusions without even bothering to read important info on the first post (the info that said these are probably already known)

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I always thought Nana can pivot grab.... when Popo's busy you can control her by doing a pivot grab. Like a b-throw and YOU ACCIDENTALLY tilt the control stick and she does a pivot. <- That happens sometimes when I mess up my b-throw... .___.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
If pivot grabbing is turning around then doing a standing/running grab....... Yes, she can.

Rykard

Smash Ace
smaci, you should add:

fthrow/dthrow to nana > dthrow with nana > full hop belay with popo (following opponenets DI of course)

its my favorite way to kill when i want to be fancy. :)

smaci92

Smash Lord
smaci, you should add:

fthrow/dthrow to nana > dthrow with nana > full hop belay with popo (following opponenets DI of course)

its my favorite way to kill when i want to be fancy. :)
ya I didn't find out how to kill like that until yesterday...too bad :( Maybe I'll add it in some other time...this weeks busy for me :(

Top Bottom