• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 trailer!

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJHZCuaG84

Just shown at Aftershock. Confirmed new stuff:
  • New and modified stages
    • Bowser's Castle
    • Delfino's Secret (replaces Dracula's Castle)
    • HD remake of Saffron City (replaces old Saffron City, but see below)
    • HD remake of Peach's Castle 64 (replaces ???)
  • Alternate stages accessible by holding L+A
    • Brawl Summit and Green Hill Zone. Probably all the old Brawl stages.
    • Original version of Dream Land. Probably also Hyrule Castle, Metal Cavern, Saffron City, and Peach's Castle.
    • Melee Battlefield.
  • More alt costumes, Diddy Kong and Charizard shown.
  • New music, sounds, and announcer.
  • UI change - Stock icons similar to Melee and 64 replace the dots from Brawl.
  • Olimar now has a jetpack up-B.
  • Art Tuesdays is back! On Sunday! More details on costumes and stages in this album.

Last edited:

Boondocker

Smash Ace
Hype!!! I didnt actually watch it but im still hype!
Edit: It seems like the changes are mostly cosmetic so far and stages that arent very competitive. I am thankful for all that they do though, and hopefully there is more to come!

Last edited:

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
I am so excited about this, so much new stuff. Gonna be another great update. Keep up the amazing work PMDT!!

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJHZCuaG84

Just shown at Aftershock. Confirmed new stuff:
  • New and modified stages
    • Bowser's Castle
    • Delfino's Secret (replaces Dracula's Castle)
    • HD remake of Saffron City (replaces old Saffron City, but see below)
    • HD remake of Peach's Castle 64 (replaces ???)
  • Alternate stages accessible by holding L+A
    • Brawl Summit and Green Hill Zone. Probably all the old Brawl stages.
    • Original version of Dream Land. Probably also Hyrule Castle, Metal Cavern, Saffron City, and Peach's Castle.
  • More alt costumes, Diddy Kong and Charizard shown.
  • New music, sounds, and announcer.
  • UI change - Stock icons similar to Melee and 64 replace the dots from Brawl.
Additionally:
New upB for Olimar (jetpack shown at 1:40)
They took out the dumb slope on Distant Planet
Ashley is now shown in the background of Wario Ware

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ashley is now shown in the background of Wario Ware
If I had to guess, ashley-ware would represent the neutral wario-ware, while you can ASL the old, perhaps.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
April Fool's Day. They had great videos in 2013 and 2014, can't wait to see what they do this year.

Everyone-is-Ice-Climbers mode when?

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I haven't tried Project M before this, but after seeing the Delfino's Secret stage, I'm hooked already. Time to finally try this mod out!

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
But seriously, that song is so freaking hype. (Garrett Williamson - Super Mario World Castle Theme Remix)

PLEASE upload it to Youtube. I can't wait for the next version guys <3

Exodo

Smash Ace
YESSSSS!!!! was sparking a pipe and now i get this!?! i cant explain how happy i am right now T.T

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I haven't tried Project M before this, but after seeing the Delfino's Secret stage, I'm hooked already. Time to finally try this mod out!
Delfino's is just a reskin of Dracula's Castle, which has been in for a while, but people were concerned about possible legal issues so it's getting a facelift. So if you haven't tried it in 3.5 already, you can go check it out now, mechanically it'll be the same stage. It's actually my favorite stage besides Smashville, the platforms are so cool.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Someone on Reddit pointed out that it looks like Sector Z in the last two screenshots in the Art Sunday album. Possible alternate for Corneria?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Classic PMBR, incorporating codes from 5 years ago and passing them off as new since most players weren't around back then.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I remember ages ago they said they weren't gonna use that code since it had issues with striking and random select. So I wonder if this might be a new version that fixes that.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Oh man, those music credits. Furries in a Blender contributed. Hype

I remember ages ago they said they weren't gonna use that code since it had issues with striking and random select. So I wonder if this might be a new version that fixes that.
Wasn't that the stage expansion code you're thinking about? I don't recall ASL ever being said to screw with striking or random select.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Classic PMBR, incorporating codes from 5 years ago and passing them off as new since most players weren't around back then.
I'd say adding the ability to use alternate .rel files is pretty new and significant :p

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Did nobody else notice Samus' or Pit's new costumes @1:20...? Samus' looks like a BrawlVault retexture that has been up for ages, which will prob replace her brown Brawl costume (like how her Fusion + Dark Blue 3.5 costumes replaced her blue Brawl costume). The dark Retro Pit alt is probably Codex9's texture, which comes in RGB as well iirc. DP is shown to be reskinned too.

EDIT: Also I might just be forgetful (I can't check because I don't have a setup of my own >___>) but...at the same timestamp I linked above, Ivy had an aura trail of blue leaves. Is that new? It doesn't seem like it's just triggered by specific moves, since it also appeared during his dashing animation.

EDIT2: Didn't check the art sunday post lol. But you can add Samus and Pit to the OP list of characters whose new costumes were shown in the vid I suppose, along with Diddy+Char.

Last edited:

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Awesome to wake on a Monday to a new 3.6 trailer, also happy to see Oli with a new Up B, can't wait to try it out, diddnt something also read New Characters in the trailer?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
There are no new characters being added to Project M in 3.6. The "New Characters" info at the end of the trailer was referring to changes made from Brawl. e.g., "New Characters" that were not in Brawl are Mewtwo and Roy.

Chef Besh

Smash Rookie
I'll be glad to see Olimar buffed. I wonder if # of Pikmin out will determine flight distance.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Only thing I'm worried about is how the new sounds will be like, got a feeling even more of them will get reverted to melee SFX.
It seems like only the slashing SFX were replaced with ones that sound like remixed versions of Melee's which is honestly an improvement because Brawl's were terrible. It also sounds like Melee's knockback whoosh sounds were added in which is amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom