• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.6 Pit Impressions

Life

Smash Hero
I feel like it wasn't much different in 3.5, but since a lot of people are coming from 3.0 I'll reiterate it. Pit is one of the best characters in the game when his opponent is above him. His juggling options are insane. Sourspot uair, dair, and Up-b are great to juggle and kill with. And if course, Pit can still carry opponents off the screen.
My thoughts exactly.

One of the reasons I'm playing Pit in 3.6 even though I skipped him in 3.5 was because of stuff like the drastically slower dtilt and reduced upB distance that would have led to me getting killed for trying to do things that were part of my existing habits. Waiting until 3.6 to play him again had a lot to do with expecting buffs, yes, but the time spent unlearning outdated muscle memory was arguably more valuable.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yeah. People saying he feels a ton better than 3.5 be cray.

Was running by this subforum to see what's up since D-Tilt was made better and I might use him in tournament now. Running animation feels weird to me tbh, he seems to flail.

My main dilemma of not completely liking 3.6 Pit: His D-Smash is really situational now while in 3.5 it was one of his BnB (my experience at least). Besides situationally comboing spacies thoughts on it?

Also I preached this in 3.5 but it's even more broke now, shield let's you get to the ground for /free/.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I see that's a use but I enjoy hard reads or reaction chases. I'll try it out.

It just seems like a hard nerf considering Pit has DA out of D-Throw (chasing away DI -> crouch out of run -> D-Smash was mixup), grab, D-Tilt is now usable (typically better). I'm not sure if the PMDT decided with it and other stuff (aka got D-Tilt buffs and other stuff was so-so) Pit was too good or it setup into his edgeguards too well or something. I'd like to see it converted into something more useful/reverted to 3.02/3.5.

Life

Smash Hero
I've been doing a fair amount of nair to dsmash, personally. Does a fairly decent amount of damage and comes out a touch faster than most of Pit's other good options after a nair.

IDK, I see comboing into his vertical knockback moves as a critical part of Pit's game plan (as his biggest strength is keeping an opponent in the air, he needs ways to put them there), so more ways to do that is fine by me, especially considering dsmash, again, covers 3/4 options against a tech--and the characters who fall the fastest (and thus don't get knocked as high in the air) are by their very nature the most likely to hit the ground and tech at any given point.

(Dsmash is also fast enough to be well within the parameters of a reaction techchase, by the way. First hit comes out on frame 6, meaning you can hit the button as late as frame 20 and still get it provided your spacing is enough to also hit tech behind. Unless second hit comes out later than I think it does, but even then...)

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I use Nair -> grab typically (others situationally).

My point is that Pit has a plethora of moves that setup for a juggle while D-Smash sets up for something (arguably) more important, edgeguarding. Pit has many tools that allow for edgeguarding, even/especially at low percent.

D-Tilt is only 3(?) frames slower than D-Smash and also leads into many more follow-ups than D-Smash. You can land where they land and cover no tech + tech in place by just crouching and threatening D-Tilt. If you see the beginning of a tech roll then you follow-up with: Run JC grab, dash attack, or SHFFL/WoI aerial.

Top Bottom