• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5's Changes to The WolfPack

SillyBear

Smash Rookie
is it just me or did the up special seem to have a lot less knockback?? Let me know if anyone else has had the same

Kitanamonk

Smash Cadet
Im really sorry about the quality cuz idk how to make actaul videos but heres me doing the Shine>Bair>SideB (I feel like i should name this combo)
http://youtu.be/XSqJ6ycgYNw
http://youtu.be/IHj3RBRKxzI

I should proabably get on that too..
It looks like a real combo in debug mode, but depends on too much to be viable, also it's very difficult to react to if they DI well.

I'll save it for friendlies though.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Rocking the classic Pirate Wolf since it was released.
I like the new blue Pirate Wolf as well.
Space Wolf seems ugly too me, never liked him, however the black outfit is ok.

is it just me or did the up special seem to have a lot less knockback?? Let me know if anyone else has had the same
Knockback got reduced from 2.6 to 3.0
For some reason it feels like it has more KB than before, but actually it hasn't changed according to the Changelog:

-Up Special (Fire Wolf)
--Startup increased by 5 frames. Startup now 30 frames (hitboxes active on frames 28-30) from 25 frames (hitboxes active frames 23-25). Startup gravity changed so Wolf does not sink further than he should in windup.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
It looks like a real combo in debug mode, but depends on too much to be viable, also it's very difficult to react to if they DI well.

I'll save it for friendlies though.
Yeah its definitely not a real combo. I'ts really DI dependent, but for some reason it happens. Maybe I'm just playing bad people.

Alsoi hated pirate wolf alot when i first saw it. he just looked ugly. Now since everyone started using red space wolf I had to change it up to the next best thing.

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Need to go thru Wolf frame data to figure out whats the optimal shield pressure.

Right now find myself opting for fair /bair spaced or as cross ups. Really enjoying RAR crossed up Fair. nair /shine on shield.

Does anyone know if dair on shield is positive ?double shine if they get jumpy or just for mix ups.

Trying to get more consistent with double shine grabs just cuz i think i can get consistent with that stuff.
I got imo one the best training partners so i should be pretty well off in a month or so with lab / training with rcizzle

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Fox and falco are right now I think the only ones we lose. I think we go win to various degrees vs Bowser, Roy, DDD, Zelda, ICs, diddy, Puff, link, tink, ganon, snake, luigi, peach, lucario, pika, kirby, and ZSS. The rest are even imo, or even enough for it to not matter and fluctuate more on stage and play style. We might still lose to marth, ivy, mk and pit m2, but they are a lot better than before (remember we can actually CC pit/m2 this time around)

I'm labbing right now, considering making a new thread to just start fresh on the metagame descussion
Thoughts on the run:

-Mewtwo is a lot slower/less safe now. If you want some early (predated even!) study material on the new matchup, check out vids of Taj playing PM at Apex 14. 3.5 Mewtwo is going to look a lot like that, but with shorter tail range of course and a few other tweaks.

-ZSS looks to have an uthrow chaingrab on spacies at mid (~60+) percents right now, so watch out for that. I would still guess at Wolf winning the matchup or at worst going even.

-I don't think Wolf loses to Ivy. Pit might be even, not sure yet. I suspect Roy is evenish.

-Peach, lol. Wolf was bad news for her before, might be even worse now tbh.

Last edited:

Samuch

Smash Cadet
For me, Mario is a pretty tough character for Wolf also. I feel like you need a little more spacing than other characters and has trouble getting out of the Mario combos. Could totally just be me though.

Best buff IMO is the fact that Wolf doesn't fall in the air while charging up for the up-B. It has made a huge difference with my SD numbers haha.

I am also loving the Red Space Pirate costume. I call it "the timber wolf". I've always hated the default costumes. They all look too much like Fox's model.

Last edited:

Venom_909

Smash Apprentice
Neon is maining wolf this patch, can't wait to watch that rematch lol.
He put up a message on facebook saying hes 40% sure hes now the best wolf....

We got a $25 MM FT5 next time we are at the same tournament.

Interested to see where i stand as far as my wolf goes. <3
Going to be putting in some time into the game again.

Top Bottom