• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3.5 Changelist Thread (Discuss The Changes Here)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Mr. Game and Watch Changelist

Tilts
-Up Tilt hits on frame 7 from 9, Animation now ends on frame 30 from 28.

Smashes
-Up Smash
--Damage decreased from 23 to 21. KBG increased from 96 to 100.
--IASA increased 39 -> 44.

Aerials
-Forward Aerial flub hit damage increased from 6 to 7. KBG increased from 80 to 90.
-Up Aerial KBG increased from 60 to 95. BKB decreased from 75 to 45.

Throws
-All throw's speed increased (Endlag is identical).

Specials
-Neutral Special (Chef)
--Land cancel is fixed so it can be used to no impact land from the edge or on a platform when traveling at low speed.
--Now fastfallable.
--Meat damage increased from 3 to 5 and are a bit larger in size, however throwing out chef meat frequently enough that 2 or more are present on the field has Mr. Game and Watch throw smaller pieces (Mini-Meat™) that do 3 damage and do not flinch.
-Side Special (Judgment):
--[2] Hammer is now a weak spike on air hit. Now poisons in addition to dizzying on grounded hit.
--[3] Hammer damage increased from 4 to 15. Damage element changed from poison to darkness. KBG increased from 50 to 80. BKB increased from 0 to 20. Shield damage increased from 65.6% of full shield health to 77.2%.
--[4] Hammer damage increased from 8 to 10.
--[9] Hammer KBG decreased from 90 to 80, BKB decreased from 90 to 70.
-Down Special (Bucket)
--Stall is now once per air state.
--Horizontal divider decreased from 1.6667 to 1. Gravity increased from 0.04 to 0.095. Terminal velocity increased from 1.2 to 1.7.
--Damage normalised to 12 damage per energy projectile absorbed as opposed to damaged based on projectile absorbed.

Others
-Now has a Jab 2. Same stats as Jab 1.
-Rapid Jab hitbox properly match to animation. Because of this, it has increased range.
-Trip get up attack now has enough invincibility to cover the first part of the attack.
-Dodge Roll and Spot Dodge animations sped up to appropriately match the invincibility timing.

WillieDangerously

Smash Cadet
G&W's bucket being normalized means a equal charges in the bucket from anything will do the same KB and same damage.
Well I can't 0-death Mario from his fireballs, but I can kill off Fox from his lasers when he's ~45%. I can live with that, but was the range nerf really necessary?

DKMikey

Smash Journeyman
G&W was one of the few characters that was buffed in this patch. I already thought he was a good character, and expected him to get slightly nerfed. As a G&W main, I'm glad he got buffs.

Love the bucket changes, bucketing PKFire/Freeze/Thunder and Fox's lasers will be helpful now. And Mario still needs to look out despite the nerf. Higher risk and lower reward for bucketing stronger projectiles though, like Lucario's Aura Bomb or Mewtwo's Shadow Ball.

Is his up air better or worse?
Seems better to me. Lower BKB should allow easier combos (up air into up air) at low percents, and higher KGB should lead to up air kills and/or upB follow ups.

Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about

Last edited:

MrWatchandLearn

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrWatchandLearn
3DS FC
0387-9318-8151
I like the slight spike box for his 2 hammer, i found i can d-air right after it if i hit it off a platform or ledge, on the fence about the bacon change but time will tell how good it is.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I love the GnW changes, I think its still silly that bacon changes every patch but this is a great iteration. No mindless spam to take up obscene amounts of air space, and in return we can fast fall it

Everyone else that wasn't ganon/Wolf/melee high tier got nerfed as well, so he is even better in comparison. I love it.

I say it every patch and end up dropping him, but I'm going to dual main Wolf/GnW now because the game feels more like melee neutral and recoveries and Melee GnW is my jam.

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
Fastfall pan is more satisfying than landing like 8 of Peach's. New bacon increases damage output, and rewards for hitting with big meat by allowing you pump out even more big meat. 5% per hit is craaaazy with how spammable it is.

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
What are best uses of fastfalling bacon?
It's hardly the bacon that benefits from the fastfalling, but rather the pan itself. Going offstage and gimping with it is super fast and covers so much area thanks to the fastfall. Start high, keep the pan out while floating down, and fastfall to meet wherever your opponent will end up. Rinse, repeat until the gimp is below ground level and unrecoverable.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Fast fall Chef is useful anytime you are using the move. If you are IHOPing then you can FF to finish the move quicker and be less punishable. If you are going for pan hit you can FF to help space the hitbox more perfectly.

With perfect timing you can get two meats out and the second pan hit in ~30 frames which is 10 frames faster than what it was before.

Black Bean

Smash Cadet
Is his up air better or worse?
Less BKB means it's better for comboing. More KBG means that it will be better for killing off the top from high percents, especially out of up-b.

I used to only rarely get uair kills. I got at least 5 at a tourney yesterday. So. There's that.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Just messed around with Game & Watch for the first time in 3.5...

He's godly now. Insane for combos.

Shockbound

Smash Apprentice
U-Air is a dandy move that lets you get people where you want them. Now that it has more KBG it means that it has some awesome uses for keeping fastfallers in your control when comboing at moderate percents, which was something I was noticing was somewhat of a problem before the change. KO's off the top with U-Air are only gonna happen when you can make a nasty floor of pain under your opponent (I like to call this 'FloPing') on WarioWare or Yoshi's Story unless they're super floaty.

Less BKB means juggling those same fastfallers at low percents with U-Air to rack up damage way faster than chain grabs will, which also makes for better follow ups since Up-B can be used right after it into F-Air/N-Air/D-Air (if you end up above them)/Side-B/More U-Airs to FloP (provided there's a blast zone right there)/Panslam.

Top Bottom