• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2GGT: Fire Emblem Saga Discussion Thread

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
AC :4metaknight: 2-0 KEN :4sonic:

Ryo :4myfriends:2-0 JK :4bayonetta:

Mysterica :4bayonetta:2-0 Void :4sheik:

Mysterica :4bayonetta: 2-0 Ryo :4corrinf::4myfriends: in pools WF

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Pools have been pretty rough for Sonic, Fox and Sheik so far. Most of the notable players of those characters have already been sent to losers

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Currently 7 FE character players in top 48, 10 if komo uses roy and nakat and nairo use lucina (which I doubt komo and nairo will do, nakat is a maybe)
a little more than one seventh of top 48 is FE users. I'm actually really happy about that.......

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Currently 7 FE character players in top 48[...]
5 Corrins (counting Earth, not counting Ryo or MkLeo, though they might bring out Corrin as well).

Ryuga in winners, Cosmos, Earth, Frozen, and YOC in losers. I'm disappointed that Cosmos ended up in losers so early, but according to his Twitter he wasn't expecting much from this tournament, so that's that. I looked at his projected bracket and I'd say he still has a pretty good shot at making top 8. I don't think any other Corrin has much of a realistic chance of making top 8, but it would be cool if it happened. Not counting MkLeo, who is more of a Corrin secondary than a Corrin main at this point.

Oh, and have you guys looked at the bracket? Either Larry Lurr or VoiD will be eliminated really early, wow (or both, if they both get upset before they face each other).

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Loser's bracket is already a shark tank right now, hopefully the FE mains can make a deep run tomorrow

right now its only Mr. E and Ryuga are in winners

odds seem to be against them though. especially AC vs Mr. E, Meta Knight has a good record against Marth/Lucina

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
FE Players:
Cosmos
YOC
Captain Levi
Frozen
Ryo
Waldo
Pugwest
San
Mr E
Ryuga
MKLeo

Maybes
Earth (Corrin)
Nairo (Lucina)
Komo (Roy)
NAKAT (Lucina)

That's a good deal of FE users in top 48

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
-plays Awakening game over music- not a single Robin in top 48? Sigh, I'm glad there's at least 1 Roy in there though.

NNID
User7a1
I recently just found out that Speclar :4jigglypuff: went game 3 with Levi and falln. Wished I could have seen those for note taking (and high level Puff play).
Oh, and nice to see Paper :4gaw:and ven :4zelda:doing work, getting 49th (and Paper getting a set win off of Tyrant). I know this is FE Saga, but it's good to see the uncommon characters do well.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
-plays Awakening game over music- not a single Robin in top 48? Sigh, I'm glad there's at least 1 Roy in there though.
Oh dear. Robin blew his chance hard like Mac at his own saga, even moreso. Really hard to see, he could dip into the top of low tier if his results keep sucking. But I think he's eventually settle at the last spot of middle because leven sword/kill confirm. It is not boding well for him.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Oh dear. Robin blew his chance hard like Mac at his own saga, even moreso. Really hard to see, he could dip into the top of low tier if his results keep sucking. But I think he's eventually settle at the last spot of middle because leven sword/kill confirm. It is not boding well for him.
Honestly, given that I play both Robin and Roy, I personally think Roy is better than Robin. He has his own set of kill confirms, including one off of a grab and he actually has speed and while the distance of his recovery sucks, the hitboxes at least attempt to protect him. I don't know if Robin could ever end up in low tier due to Levin aerials and Checkmate but his low speed and high jumpsquat + high startup on attacks allows a lot of characters to either force him to approach or they can just dance around him. Doesn't help that his OoS options are pretty bad too.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I recently just found out that Speclar :4jigglypuff: went game 3 with Levi and falln. Wished I could have seen those for note taking (and high level Puff play).
Oh, and nice to see Paper :4gaw:and ven :4zelda:doing work, getting 49th (and Paper getting a set win off of Tyrant). I know this is FE Saga, but it's good to see the uncommon characters do well.
I once ran into Speclar back in the 3DS For Glory days. Glad to hear he's still putting in work with Puff!

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Specler had a match on stream, so he should be in the vods.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
So right now MKLeo is going up against Captain Zack tomorrow. It's likely that Leo will win the set, but at the same time I'd like to see Zack perform better after his recent downturn in results.

But then everyone will be like "hurr durr 5.99 pay2win BAN bayonetta" like cmon...

Luigi player

Smash Master
yes, it went last stock last hit with San making a big comeback

also tfw you 3-0 Salem and Zero then lose to Nairo's Corrin
Um, everyone should know that dittos are a super special (and stupid) MU if you take them seriously (inb4 Ganon and CF dittos are fun).
Just because you play a char doesn't mean you know how to play against it. It's its own MU you have to learn and get used to. It needs a lot of time, because different characters always have different advantages/disadvantages, and for dittos you never really have, it's always just even. Which means it's harder to use your advantages, etc.

For a long time I felt like dittos are always terrible MUs and it feels kinda random who wins them.

Few examples from my own experience:

I played M2 the most of all characters for a long time, but didn't have too much exp against it:
-> I was often super surprised about dtilts range
-> still needed to learn if/how I can punish what move out of shield etc
-> still needed to learn how to get out of disadvantages, etc
-> still needed to learn how to approach and safely throw moves out and stuff

You could say if everyone played perfectly you could learn some of this just by playing against people (but you sometimes can't be sure your opponent even reacted fast enough etc), but it's still a difference between playing against something or using it yourself.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Dittos are terrible for determining skill, and as said above, can be kinda random. Recall how there's still for the most part that triangle of the top 3 Clouds, Leo beats Komo, komo beats tweek, tweek beats komo, in dittos.
Komo nearly lost both in the ditto and with sonic to Javi.
Dittos can be fun and all, but they're stupidly unpredictable.

Also, I'd like to point out how according to the predictiosn made by smash.gg, Larry Lurr and Komorikiri will be playing each other for the third week IN A ROW (GTX and then Big House).
Komo should play SH some more or something, get some Fox exp..........

NNID
User7a1
Vinnie :4sheik: 3-0 San :4myfriends:
falln :rosalina: 3-1 Waldo :4myfriends:
Zenyou :4mario: 3-0 Pugwest :4marth:
Samsora :4peach: 3-0 Earth :4pit::4corrin:
And now, the heroes start to fall.

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
Shuton :4shulk::4olimar: 3-2 Ryuga :4corrinf:
Larry Lurr :4fox: 3-1 Captain Levi :4feroy:

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
YOC :4corrinf: 3-2 Javi :4cloud2:
Don't know if Javi used :4sheik: or any other character.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
nooooooo larry lost to void
currently remaining fe people (maybes included)
comos
yoc
nakat
ryuga
mr e
nairo
leo
komo

4 maybes and 4 mains
welp

NNID
User7a1