• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friizy Mario

Smash Rookie
I need to ask a few questions because I still didn't get it working

- Did you use TPK's XML without modding anything to it?

- Do you have wii version 4.2?

- Do you see a list of replacable files in the riivolution menu like in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZodeoqCuX0A or do you see one option saying: File replacement < Enable/disable >

Oh and I tried removing all dashes in the XML but nothing worked.

1. I did download TPK's XML and I only changed "RSB" to "RSBP".
2. Yes I have 4.2. I have 4.2E to be exactly.
3. I see one option: "File Replacement <Enable/Disable>".
Just leave the rest like it is. Just make sure it's called RSBP.XML as well.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
first and for all, we are offtopic. if any questions are about riivulotion will be here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269428
and yes, riivulotions work for pal players

and secondly, how hard is it to convert codes? D:
I wanna try to convert a code xD
and someone should make a program that can convert NTCS codes to PAL D:
I tried to convert NTSC ps1 tekken 3 codes to PAL but it's very hard. Im trying to learn how to do it but not much luck :( I think it would be much harder for brawl codes since they are huge. I have no idea how some people manage to convert those codes :O

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
So guys... in order to use riivolution correctly do you need version 4.2? I have one of the 3rd versions (3.3 or 3.4 iirc), does this mean I'll need to update? And if I do update to 4.2 does this potentially mean I'll lose the homebrew channel?

Thanks in advance. Very hyped for this <3 I have the riivolution channel installed, just nothing's showing up.

TheLittleDark

Smash Rookie
Hello, Can some one explain how you use Ocarina with Riivolution?
Because im having trouble with thath.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
You can't, the only code is the file patch code.

Now, are the Alloy's already playble for PAL?
If so, could somebody give me the codes needed, also the non freeze code etc..?

D

Deleted member

people, go to the Riivolution discussion topic for questions about it.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Wait, has Riivolution meant that Music codes will no longer be worked on?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm just gonna aks again, I can't find how to play as alloys in pals.
HOw do you do that?

D

Deleted member

not really a clue. I've done it back in august '08 but after that, meh.

tsitsaron

Smash Rookie
is there a code for

gerenralised super code for player ports 2 , 3 and 4 ?

ive only found player 1 GSC on gecko website =/

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
When you use Ocarina codes, you have the change of freezing when he File Patch code is on, so its either your codes or custom music. If anybody has it working, its cool, but some of the people in the Riivolution topic said that.

Are the Fighter PAC files for pal anywhere?
All I seem to find are NTCS-U versions..
I want to port some of the things like the Rosalina hack etc. I hate the fact that they don't have sound >.>

Gagga~

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a code which unlocks all the songs in Brawl? Or something similar, like picking up CDs all the time?

Thanks in advance. Really needs this for my custom music. ^^

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
New program.
Has one really powerful code, a really powerful file patch code.
You can use Ocarina codes with it, but it will mostly freeze when you use them together =/

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
What's that?
It's. .
[collapse="a WoT"]
Just to be clear on this for everyone:

Riivolution is a system for easy file replacement. It replaces any files on any disc easier, faster, and simpler than anything out there. More importantly, it does this better than anything out there. Brawl users have been lucky enough to have a comparable system, but as it relies on Brawl’s SD access no other game can use it.

At this point, you can take any modified file and use it with Riivolution. This means stages, movesets, textures, models, music, sound effects, anything you can make custom content for. Ocarina support is available, but will require a developer to get it setup properly before the codes become plug and play for you like the files are. This is considerably less work than making the codes in the first place was.

For the rest of the world, this means every game now has the customizability that Brawl enjoyed, with an easy to organize GUI, the ability to run it from an unmodifed Wii without any unauthorized installations, and all the special features Riivolution comes with. For Brawl users, this will mean easier swapping between customs, better ways to distribute large packages of modifications, and less work for the end user in setup. It also means the ability to easily swap many kinds of files you couldn’t before.

New features planned include adding new files to disks, loading modifications directly over the network, from your computer or from an internet server, and a more plug and play Ocarina code handler.

In particular, network is a great planned feature. For end users, imagine simply downloading an XML, or typing in an address on your Wii to access the latest version of Brawl+ or SmashStacks archives. No need to download the latest version, or shuffle files around to your SD or USB device. For developers, imagine sitting at your computer, making a file, and then loading it over network to your wii. Then, WHILE RUNNING THE GAME, you change the file and the next time the game loads that file (say, starting a new brawl match), your texture or moveset has been tweaked! Development testing time decreased by 500%.

Preliminary network support with an example built for NSMBWii with custom levels taken from the Reggie filesite will be available later today if all goes well, or later this week if problems crop up.

For those who wish to take a look at the options and flexibility Riivolution offers, please take a look at AerialX’s youtube video. In this video, he has loaded the entirety of SmashStack’s texture archive onto his SD card. He then picks a few textures at random, loads the game, and there they are. His settings are saved for the next time he wants to play. Easy to try out new textures - just one download, just put them on the SD card once, switch between the textures as often as you like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZodeoqCuX0A
[/collapse]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=269428

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
HYESZ, I got the files.
Now I kinda need to learn how to port them by using Brawlbox, O.o
But yeah.. At least got the files.

Somebody nows how to do this?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
We already ported all the sound effects i n the pacs? O.o What are you trying to convert?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm still quite confused as to what it is, and will it help me in being able to play B+ and use music hax?

Kupo Rose

We already ported all the sound effects i n the pacs? O.o What are you trying to convert?
Wait, was that the list of characters Yaya kept putting up?

And do you have a DL for the Sonic.pac by any chance?

@Willz: It's acts like a File Patch Code and it's region free(?). Meaning we can put music in Brawl without codes by using .xml files. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). /teh tl;dr maybe

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Yes that was the list me and yaay kept putting up. Some of them I stil think freeze and no one got around to fixing them. Do you want the download for the ported sonic file? or the original Pal one? o.o

Kupo Rose

Sorry but what's the difference? xD

I thought the reason you's were porting character .pacs was to change them to PAL?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
we ported the fighter.pacs so that we have sound effects. the original pal one has no sounds. the ported one does.

Top Bottom