• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

22 new comers...... characters coming fast.

GKirby

Smash Apprentice
So i guess that means there is a chance that Claus from Mother 3 will show up right! /cross finders*

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Helllll yeah! I ATLEAST know for a fact that theres gonna be more than those guys as starters. And we aren't even certain that thats the official cover for the game. :ohwell:
That is the official cover. It's on Nintendo's press website.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Yes, I know. I got my new Nintendo Power magazine today and saw. It doesn't mean that that's going to be the front cover of the game. -.-
what does it say in the magazine? does it say anything about the newcomers beacuse i couldn't get it from my friend.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
then why is there no nintendo wi-fi symbol on it?
I don't know. It was probably before they added it.

And Ginger9001, i'm just assuming, since they have shown no signs of changing the cover, that that is the cover. At least for now, it's the official one, at least.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
what does it say in the magazine? does it say anything about the newcomers beacuse i couldn't get it from my friend.

It didn't say too much that was of importance. Definitely nothing we didn't already know. Actually, they are way behind. By the time they sent out the magazines they didn't even know Sonic was in the game and that the game has been rescheduled to Feb. instead of Dec. 3. :ohwell:

Chepe

Smash Lord
Jeez peeps, do you really believe they will be able to fit more than 15 starters on a box? I predict about 20 starters, and thats a bit much to cover in one box comfortably. The original Smash Bros box doesnt even have all 8 starters in the front! (DK and Yoshi were missing)...

Oh, and Sakurai really is/was thinking about releasing all the characters before launch. Look:

#251-260: Sakurai in response to an email asking that everything be unlocked as a default = "Well... that is a tough question. As long as the internet exists, all secrets will be revealed quickly. Sometimes even before the game comes out, even. Secret characters are one of the fun parts of Smash. Although you don't want to find out until the very end, I guess [literally: 'after all,' so there is no doubt in this statement] I'll reveal them. Again, just like "Smash fist" [literally: 'Sumabura ken,' the name of the Japanese SSBM site?] I can't just hold these characters back. "

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't understand why people believe that everyone on the dojo site is going to be a starter. That's just silly :/

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Reason #1 why I hate this board.

No one ever reads... everyone demands you listen...

Of course... expecting you to actually read it is about as smart as giving an infant a buzzsaw.
Much anger I sense in this one..... no.... he will not be trained to become a Jedi.

Anyways, I've never understood the big deal about spoilers. It's gonna be a "holy crap, no way!" moment whether you hear about it now, or when you're playing the game when it comes out. Doesn't make it any less cool. I can understand that some people see it differently though, and much prefer the "learn as you unlock" experience. I think the character roster will be huge, and I'll love every minute of it.

And yeah... due to Japan my friends and I knew what all the secret characters were the day Melee was released. Some of that stuff would take you forever to figure out what you need to do (aside that playing tons of vs. will unlock everyone anyways). I enjoyed the varied unlock methods in the past, though.

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Why are people not processing the fact that characters who were formerly unlockable arent being confirmed yet for whatever reason? I doubt any vet will be confirmed too soon, seeing as ull unconfirmed vets were unlockables.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Why are people not processing the fact that characters who were formerly unlockable arent being confirmed yet for whatever reason? I doubt any vet will be confirmed too soon, seeing as ull unconfirmed vets were unlockables.
What I've been saying the while time. I would be cool with them being unlockables again.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
well there were 14 people on the starting roster for melee, adn 25 was the final roster
now (IMO!!), there's going to be about 45 characters in brawl, so 26 would be a good starting roster
23 people on the site

now im' not sure, but people said that sakurai said snake and sonic wouldn't be on the starter roster(i have yet to see a proper link for this)

so that's 21 characters

now zamus=samus
so that's 20 charactes

so 6 more characters yet to be announced(which also goes with some other people's logic)

so besides snake/sonic, i think we'll just get the starting roster revealed on the site

RoadsArePoison

Smash Cadet
45 characters in Brawl would be pretty ridiculous, especially, since they are not making any clone characters. I expect the final roster to be about 30 or so.

Right now there are 22 characters revealed, not counting ZSS.
I expect Capt Falcon, Luigi, and Ganondorf to return, making it 25. Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and G&W are kind of iffy. I wouldn't be shocked if they returned or didn't.

I can't think of too many more new characters they would ACTUALLY put in the game. Maybe Ridley or King K Rool, or an animal crossing character. I'm sure there will be at least a few more revealed characters that come completely out of nowhere, like Pokemon Trainer did. There will also likely be one more third-party character, and I don't really know who it will be (though I'm personally hoping for Banjo-Kazooie).

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Yeah 45 does seem a little high..30ish as Roads said...

Captain falcon and luigi will probably starters...and then there will be more pokemon, i hope capt. olimar, some wtf characters, unlockables...i'm thinkin a grand total of 36..

Boofer

Smash Ace
Realistically, I don't think we'll get more than 38 characters. I think that's the max. I hope it's more though (they've had forever to work on the game so 38 can't be unreasonable).

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I think they're not gonna release some characters so 36 is a safe bet. But I wouldn't be shocked by a larger number

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Any guessing at precise numbers is pointless and conjecture. Brawl has the largest development team of any of the smash bros games and a longer development time by far. There's no reason to set an upper limit on characters just because you think it "seems ridiculous". I personaly hope as many distinct characters as possible appear to appease as many people as possible and give many different options for play.

Think about it, the game has more musicians than any one game or movie I can name. Sakurai has an entire studio to himself to make Brawl, and the people that are making Brawl are Melee fanatics (the credits roll for this game is going to be crazy).

As long as the characters were well developed, I wouldn't put any number past Sakurai and his team. The more the merrier.

The one thing I am worried about is truly getting all of the characters before the Japanese release. There's not THAT much time left. At one a week, we'd be looking at about 13 more characters.

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Well Kittah, the point is we CAN make a conjecture, because if you go study the character updates, you will notice about 10 - 17 day waits between newcomers.... and same go for veterans (actually they take the least time) so we can atleast make an estimate. If We still have 6-9 more chars to go, I know it will be all the ones left on this board that everyone wants.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
Keeping in theme with the powerful emphasis on the new story mode in Brawl, it could very well be that all villains are unlockable, and unlockable by defeating them in the story. Every franchise seems to be getting its villain this time around - Gannondorf is pretty much assured and even Ridley seems very very likely. It'd be a pretty interesting twist.

DarthBrittinias

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Sakurai revealing all the characters on the site?
SamuraiPanda used to have a translation thread of Sakurai answering fans questions. I remember one of them said that he would reveal all of the characters before the game came out. I don't have a link to that thread anymore, but it was definitely here.

Now, whether Sakurai changed his mind or not, I can't say. However, if it's true and he is revealing all playable characters before release.. and we have an average of about 2 weeks between character announcements, then we can guess there will be about 7-8 more characters. Of course, like I said this is all dependent upon Sakurai keeping his word and also that ratio staying true. Who knows, they could have a week where they reveal a character every day. They can do whatever they want.

Edit: Here's the link:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72642

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
i dont think we'll know the unlockables before the release. it would be stupid since then there wouldnt be a prize of unlocking, it would simply be an irritation. So, no i don't think dedede, snake and sonic are unlockables.
I found this comment a little silly. Sonic and Snake will be unlockables. Sakurai confirmed that all 3rd parties are. As for Dedede, I think he will be unlockable too. Three starting characters for a franchise seems a little too much (excluding Mario). I think all the characters except those three revealed so far will be starters (there can possibly be more).

Masterem243

Smash Lord
Too few starters for a 40+ character roster and Zelda will be a starter, along with Lucas.
There were less characters on Melee's box, and some who weren't on the box were starters. And you gotta also accept the fact that there are no squares featuring other characters on the box.

Kirby Superstar

Smash Apprentice
Wait I found something in Samurai Panda's translation =D!!!!

#251-260: Sakurai will make Snake (and all other guest, i.e. 3rd party, characters) into an unlockable character. Sakurai will also eventually reveal all the secret characters (most likely what he did when melee was released: give details on a single starting character every week until release, then after release, give details on one secret character every week until they've all been done).

YATZI! all these are just starters, and mabye one or 2 are unlockable. Better be true....

Masterem243

Smash Lord
I've got a feeling that Sakurai's done with starters, and is moving onto unlockables. He'll probably keep his mouth shut about how to unlock them, but check gamefaqs within 2 or 3 months, and you'll find out how to do it all.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
In my opinion, Ganondorf should be a starter this time around, so that the Zelda series gets unlockable newcomers (most likely WW Link and/or Midna). Having the Triforce trio all on the starting roster makes sense, especially if the Kirby series has it's 3 main characters as starters.
Also, I highly doubt any series will get less representatives in Brawl than it did in Melee.

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that Dedede, Sonic, Snake, and even Pokemon Trainer are starters.
=2007=

DJ Arcatek

Smash Champion
No. Pokemon Trainer will be a Starter. He was one of the first Newcomers to be shown (Besides ZSS, Wario, Pit, and Meta).

"But he wasn't in the demo!"

Neither was Kirby, but we all know Kirby will be a starting Veteran.

Top Bottom