• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Status
Not open for further replies.

False Soundz

Smash Apprentice
The dash attack out of shield isn't bad, but why not ftilt since move decay doesn't really matter while ftilting. Dash attack is good, but ftilt leads to more options.

Also Tristan, I don't want any titles or anything like that, I'm just trying to make a name for myself in the Sheik community. I'm also trying to contribute for future purposes of Sheiks metagame.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
You only need either nair or dsmash fresh, not both. Figure out whether it's easier to hit someone from the ground or from the air and decide which one you're going to use as quick punishment and which one to save for a finisher.
Now that's a difficult choice

The nair can combo into ftilt or jabs and can even be follow up with running grabs while at the same time is one of sheik best killers and 2nd best gimper only barely beaten by the fact sheik fair also doubles as a semi spike.

The dsmash though is extremely easy to land, can't be side step and has great priority.

That's a extremely difficult call there, I rather save both ^_^

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you're using nair to combo into things, then you're obviously not going to save it for KOing with.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
If you're using nair to combo into things, then you're obviously not going to save it for KOing with.
Not true.

If you do a Nair in a low % to combo just as long as you land eight moves on your opponent before you try to use it to kill then you should be fine.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't understand why you want to restrict your moveset so much just so you have more subpar options for exactly three points in the game.

If it's equally easy to land both nair and dsmash, I'd use nair a ton for combos because the damage it sets up for would be too good to just avoid using, and then dsmash when they reach 140% or something. There is absolutely no reason to have a multitude of KO attacks when, guess what, you're only ever KOing with one of them at a time.

Villi

Smash Lord
I agree that it's only necessary to save one kill move. I find that on the whole, nair is much easier to connect with out of shield and that often I'm able to outlast spot dodges with the weak hit. Nair also has a better chance of connecting or not being punished should someone have enough time to put up a shield before your attack.

I would also choose a dash grab out of shield rather than an instant dash attack. A grab will at least beat a shield. Depending on the distance, I see double jab to ftilt and dash grab to be the best options short of a nair. Dsmash if you can get a kill [edit] or jc up smash.

demodemo

Smash Ace
so i've been sucking lately, i am so sad

my spacing is off, i can't read any rainbows, and my dacus comes out once in a blue moon

sad day :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
By mandate of the SWF staff, all generic character chat threads are being closed. They attract spam and defeat the purpose of having an entire forum dedicated the related character. On top of that, there are social groups available for you "character chat" purposes.

Have a nice day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom