• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
1. Fox.. Anyone that argues this is just plain wrong lol
2. Sheik.. Perfect Tech Chasing, gimping needles. If puff and ice climbers weren't in this game I would put this as #1
3. Falco/Marth.. (Tied) These 2 characters have the most even match up spread across all the viable characters, also go 50/50.
5. Jigglypuff.. Would probably be #2 or possibly #1 in the game if Fox did not exist. Only losing match up being Fox in the top 12.
6. Captain Falcon.. Gets countered pretty hard by Fox/Falco/Sheik, but wrecks Peach/ICs/Gannon/Pikachu/Yoshi even with Marth
7. Peach.. Only character to have a tiny slight advantage against Falco, loses every match up in the top 8 accept for Ice climbers
8. Ice Climbers.. Get's wrecked by Peach/Falcon/Marth/Spacies/Samus/Gannon but wins against Puff & Sheik.
9. Samus.. Odd ball character, loses to all top 8 accept for Ice Climbers
10. Pikachu..Axe
11. Yoshi..Amsa
12. Gannondorf..Kage The Warrior

Rest doesn't really matter.
What about doc? I can't see how doc is worse than Ganon. Doc has speed, some pretty good combos, good edgeguarding tools, a projectile, and an OK recovery. Ganon has some decent throw follow ups, and of course he hits hard, but other than that Doc seems better than him in every category. Ganon is combo food and has abysmal recovery, and he is so damn slow

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
6. Captain Falcon.. Gets countered pretty hard by Fox/Falco/Sheik, but wrecks Peach/ICs/Gannon/Pikachu/Yoshi even with Marth
7. Peach.. Only character to have a tiny slight advantage against Falco, loses every match up in the top 8 accept for Ice climbers
This is wrong. People posting it a million times isn't going to change the fact that it is wrong.

Callinater

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen much AmSa recently...I just wish more people would use Yoshi if they are going to make him higher on the tier list, he has been lacking a bit of results, though Peanutphobia seems to be a good Yoshi too.

Not saying Yoshi should be lower but I think he should be more used in my opinion.
Though with this whole 20XX theory going on, I can't really blame them.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
I haven't seen much AmSa recently...I just wish more people would use Yoshi if they are going to make him higher on the tier list, he has been lacking a bit of results, though Peanutphobia seems to be a good Yoshi too.

Not saying Yoshi should be lower but I think he should be more used in my opinion.
the thing is that yoshi wasn't exposed much before aMSa. there were people like vectorman whom got good results with him before, but nobody really cared (probably because they weren't around the WOW 5TH AT APEX level but i digress). more people are learning how to properly play against yoshi and exploit his weaknesses.

and peach exists

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I can tell you the community vote from here is already leagues better than that list.

edit- referring to the /r/SSBM tier list, not the pro opinion compilation

Last edited:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I can tell you the community vote from here is already leagues better than that list.

i wouldn't be surprised, but my link is definitely the pro opinion compilation haha

i've actually talked with enough players to realize

no one really agrees on anything regarding the tier list LOL

(except fox #20xx baby)

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
This is extremely interesting! Compiling list of data....

The following list shows how many top players stated each character would win, plus this:
Screen Shot 2015-10-28 at 12.53.10 PM.png
as it is the only time someone gave an answer outside of the main points, so
:foxmelee: had 25
:marthmelee: had 24
:falcomelee: had 23
:sheikmelee: also had 23
:peachmelee: had 18
:jigglypuffmelee: had 17
:falconmelee: had 16
:icsmelee: had 16
:pikachumelee: had 7
:samusmelee: had 4.
:drmario: had 3 [very interesting.]
:yoshimelee: had 3
:luigimelee: had 1.
:mariomelee: had 1.
:nessmelee: technically had one. Take it from what you will, I'm counting it as 0.5.

Everyone else? 0. :ganondorfmelee: included.

So, looking at this, we can create a "tier list" from this.

S tier [25-20]
:foxmelee:
:marthmelee:
:falcomelee:/:sheikmelee:

A Tier [19-15]
:peachmelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:
:falconmelee:/:icsmelee:

B tier [9-5; nobody had 14-10]
:pikachumelee:

C tier [4-1]
:samusmelee:
:drmario:/:yoshimelee:
:luigimelee:/:mariomelee:

C- tier [Ness]
:nessmelee:

D tier [0]
:ganondorfmelee:
:younglinkmelee:
:linkmelee:
:dkmelee:
:zeldamelee:
:mewtwomelee:
:roymelee:
:gawmelee:
:pichumelee:
:kirbymelee:
:bowsermelee:

D is in no particular order. If you would like, you can remove C- to make it more streamlined. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Callinater

Smash Rookie
This is extremely interesting! Compiling list of data....

The following list shows how many top players stated each character would win, plus this:
as it is the only time someone gave an answer outside of the main points, so
:foxmelee: had 25
:marthmelee: had 24
:falcomelee: had 23
:sheikmelee: also had 23
:peachmelee: had 18
:jigglypuffmelee: had 17
:falconmelee: had 16
:icsmelee: had 16
:pikachumelee: had 7
:samusmelee: had 4.
:dmariomelee: had 3 [very interesting.]
:yoshimelee: had 3
:luigimelee: had 1.
:mariomelee: had 1.
:nessmelee: technically had one. Take it from what you will, I'm counting it as 0.5.

Everyone else? 0. :ganondorfmelee: included.

So, looking at this, we can create a "tier list" from this.

S tier [25-20]
:foxmelee:
:marthmelee:
:falcomelee:/:sheikmelee:

A Tier [19-15]
:peachmelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:
:falconmelee:/:icsmelee:

B tier [9-5; nobody had 14-10]
:pikachumelee:

C tier [4-1]
:samusmelee:
:doctormariomelee:/:yoshimelee:
:luigimelee:/:mariomelee:

C- tier [Ness]
:nessmelee:

D tier [0]
:ganondorfmelee:
:younglinkmelee:
:linkmelee:
:dkmelee:
:zeldamelee:
:mewtwomelee:
:roymelee:
:gawmelee:
:pichumelee:
:kirbymelee:
:bowsermelee:

D is in no particular order. If you would like, you can remove C- to make it more streamlined. Any thoughts?

Sorry but it just doesn't look right, especially Ness...and it looks messy in general, I feel like Ganon and the links etc. should not be shoved into the same tier as bowser or kirby.
Just my 2 cents. If in theory Ness is good when he can consistently perform the yo-yo glitch, then we would also have to take into account V-cancelling which could also be used consistently in theory. Even if someone was able to perfect the technique.....then that's all he has according to others. And even then people will learn over time and the glitch will become predictable and avoidable.

1MachGO

Smash Ace

Yeah, their tier list and match up chart are pretty jank.

But that opinion compilation (the link) does seem to bring the point of this thread into question. What is accomplished by averaging a bunch of stark disagreements? Especially when an interpretation of a tier list can vary greatly. You might not even be averaging from the same test, so to speak.

This isn't to say this list shouldn't be completed (it reflects the feelings of low level players to some degree; which can be interesting) but I'm not exactly sure how it serves the purpose of delivering an "objective understanding" of character rankings to new players. Especially since everyone in here will change their minds about something in the next 6 months.

We'd probably be better off just having a thread where people create their personal tier lists and yell at each other about how they keep putting kirby below bowser or some **** as well as a thread that dedicates itself to actually capturing the current meta by comparing results and weighing data depending on player skill, character representation, etc.

Sorry but it just doesn't look right, especially Ness...and it looks messy in general, I feel like Ganon and the links etc. should not be shoved into the same tier as bowser or kirby.
Just my 2 cents. If in theory Ness is good when he can consistently perform the yo-yo glitch, then we would also have to take into account V-cancelling which could also be used consistently in theory. Even if someone was able to perfect the technique.....then that's all he has according to others. And even then people will learn over time and the glitch will become predictable and avoidable.
Yo, check out the link. The tallies are mentions of viability.

No mentions = none of the players listed thought that character could win a super major; even if a top level player put all of their time into it. This is why Bowser is in the same "tier" as Link

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Well, I did say Ness was optional and he could be clumped with the others. Also, that list is based on the number of players that said that a certain character could win TBH5. So even if you put Ness with the rest of them in D, it's still D. Consider that the "irrelevant" tier if you like. S, A, B, and C are characters that could win a major on the level of TBH5, and it gets progeressivly harder as you go down the list, with D being irrelevant in solo main terms.

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice

It's not just yoshi, any character outside of the top 8 gets very little exposure. Amsa is the only top Yoshi, Axe is the only top pikachu, Hugs is the only top Samus, abate is the only top Luigi, there are no docs, no marios, Kage is the only really good Ganon.
Also, I know Vectorman has a fairly good Yoshi, but I don't think he is really active in the scene much anymore

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Actually (as a Luigi main), Eddy is an awesome Luigi, and Vudujin is pro too. The main issue with Luigi mains is they never travel. There is not consistent Luigi main like Axe with pikachu. Amsa is the only good yoshi, but that wouldn't be a huge issue if he consistently played in the U.S. It's hard to get the motivation to travel a lot when it seems like you make little progress. Axe is at least making progress (slowly). The other characters seem to have stagnated.

Dire Creeper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dire_Creeper
Actually (as a Luigi main), Eddy is an awesome Luigi, and Vudujin is pro too. The main issue with Luigi mains is they never travel. There is not consistent Luigi main like Axe with pikachu. Amsa is the only good yoshi, but that wouldn't be a huge issue if he consistently played in the U.S. It's hard to get the motivation to travel a lot when it seems like you make little progress. Axe is at least making progress (slowly). The other characters seem to have stagnated.
Luigi is one of the most technically demanding characters in the game and can be brought much further in terms of max potential. Even Armada said this. I feel that Luigi's max potential (and/or Abate, Eddy and Blea travelling to more nationals) would get him greater results just as fantastic as Axe's.

Last edited:

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Luigi is any more demanding than Fox, Falco, Falcon, Peach. Maybe some other top tiers. The characters like Luigi aren't mid tier cause they have no upside. Most mid tiers actually have amazing qualities about them that rival top tiers. It's cause they have big weaknesses. I'm always amazed Axe manages to do as well with pikachu as he does, because to me pikachu has a lot of trouble with approaching people (what can you do? Nair through them?). Luigi and the other mid tiers need more work on how to minimize the weaknesses they have before they rise out of the mid tiers. So as much as I love Luigi and the top level players of him, it's going to require a lot more than increased attendance. The meta development of Luigi is going to require a focus on improving ledge options and approaching utilizing crazy movements with platform wave lands in my opinion.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
I don't think Luigi is any more demanding than Fox, Falco, Falcon, Peach. Maybe some other top tiers. The characters like Luigi aren't mid tier cause they have no upside. Most mid tiers actually have amazing qualities about them that rival top tiers. It's cause they have big weaknesses. I'm always amazed Axe manages to do as well with pikachu as he does, because to me pikachu has a lot of trouble with approaching people (what can you do? Nair through them?). Luigi and the other mid tiers need more work on how to minimize the weaknesses they have before they rise out of the mid tiers. So as much as I love Luigi and the top level players of him, it's going to require a lot more than increased attendance. The meta development of Luigi is going to require a focus on improving ledge options and approaching utilizing crazy movements with platform wave lands in my opinion.
I feel like you shouldn't look at Pikachu that way. If you feel like he has trouble approaching and a top level player keeps proving you wrong, then you ought to reassess how you view Pikachu's approach tools.

I mean, he has one of the best dashdances in the game, 2nd fastest run jump airspeed in the game, a 19 frame dtilt poke with slight disjoint, a 6 frame nair, disjointed dsmash, and a 4 frame uair that sets up loads of combos. Are his hitboxes the best? No, but he can overcome that with the power of his close range footsies and all-around maneuverability.

In regards to the other mid tiers, I am skeptical because a lot of their movement options are polarized (Samus and Luigi) or too average (Mario and Doc). Perhaps good moves can overcome weaker movement, but the way the meta is panning out that doesn't seem to be the case

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I wish there were actual high level doc mains. Because then people wouldn't have him at #13 or #14 on their lists.
Why does it matter what others think?

Doc IS a good character, but he's not going to win nationals. Hes still got some untapped potential, he's got a great grab game, a great projectile, and actual killing power and combos. But he's also got some major flaws that keep him around where he's at.

So just pretend the tier list doesn't exist. Don't be so easily affected by things that don't really matter.

Tier lists literally serve no purpose other than to justify a win or a loss with a current position. If they never existed for any fighting game, it wouldn't change anything. People would still know what characters are clearly better and tier lists are so often proven incorrect retroactively, it's a joke that people take them so seriously or even debate 1-2 positions. Doesn't matter, other than a conversation piece it doesn't matter at all.

Last edited:

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Luigi to me (ultra bias) seems like the character who can best handle have poor aerial movement due to his crazy aerials. But really no one will know unless someone comes along and revolutionizes him.

With regards to Pikachu, I'm looking at it from the perspective of how does a pikachu get in versus an opponent who won't approach. Once you get in, pikachu is in a much better position. But if you get camped out, how does pikachu deal? It's not a slight to pikachu necessarily, cause I'm not at the high level that Axe is at. It's more if I played pikachu, I wouldn't know how to handle it.

Xxaz_v

Smash Cadet
I'm making a list of things that I think we have to discuss to make an acurrate tier list.

1. What makes a character "S tier"?
2. How many tiers should there be?
3. What makes a character viable?
4. Fox vs. Falco, who is the better character?
5. Will Ness' DJC affect his placement?
6. Is Mewtwo really that bad?
7. Am I sexy? :yeahboi:

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Luigi to me (ultra bias) seems like the character who can best handle have poor aerial movement due to his crazy aerials. But really no one will know unless someone comes along and revolutionizes him.

With regards to Pikachu, I'm looking at it from the perspective of how does a pikachu get in versus an opponent who won't approach. Once you get in, pikachu is in a much better position. But if you get camped out, how does pikachu deal? It's not a slight to pikachu necessarily, cause I'm not at the high level that Axe is at. It's more if I played pikachu, I wouldn't know how to handle it.
Ah, I think I understand what you are saying.

I'm making a list of things that I think we have to discuss to make an acurrate tier list.

1. What makes a character "S tier"?
2. How many tiers should there be?
3. What makes a character viable?
4. Fox vs. Falco, who is the better character?
5. Will Ness' DJC affect his placement?
6. Is Mewtwo really that bad?
7. Am I sexy? :yeahboi:
1. Depends on the criteria for S tier. Past tier lists were criticized for not clarifying what each group meant (something the 2013 list tried to remedy)

2. I think this also depends on the criteria. If its viability, you could have viable, primarily viable, semi-viable, situational, non-viable. But it could very well be other criteria as well.

3. A character is viable when they can compete at highest level of current competition and win.

4. They have different advantages. Fox is better against a more floaty meta (Puff, Peach, ICs, etc) and Falco is better against a fastfaller/mid speed meta (Marth, Sheik, Falcon, etc). Right now I'd say Fox is more useful (primarily due to hungrybox) but he also benefits from having more high level reps and development. Things could change as the up and coming Sheiks/Falcons pick up speed and PP brings Falco back to top level.

5. Gives him more ways to use his aerials than most characters (especially with a bair thats safe on block). Its hard to gauge where he is w/o actual tourney data or straying into over-theorizing. I believe he has more potential than other low tiers (such as DK, Roy, Zelda, etc). Hard to say how much. Shouldn't receive an official ranking either way.

6. Definitely not 21st place bad. Has amazing movement and probably the most underdeveloped low tier in the game. I could see him being mid tier one day. Again, though, no point in ranking him without high level developments.

Jim Jam Flim Flam

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think about fox and falco having their own tier, and then the other 6 "top tier" characters (marth, sheik, peach, puff, ICs, falcon) being below them, to emphasize that Fox and Falco are far and away the best characters?
As it is, people would group falcon and ICs with Fox as "S tier" characters, but it seems to me there is such a discrepancy between those characters that Fox deserves to be a tier above.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well two things about tier groupings

1) The new tier list is going to have more groupings than the 2013 list. The divisions will be based entirely on statistical breaks in the averaged vote.

2) because virtually everyone voted fox at #1 and there is debate about #2-4, there is a statistical gap between #1 and #2-4. In the broad community vote, Fox has an averaged vote score of 1.13. Falco is in second place with 2.35, Marth in third with 2.96. This means fox will end up having his own tier at the top of the list.

Thoughts?

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman

1) The new tier list is going to have more groupings than the 2013 list. The divisions will be based entirely on statistical breaks in the averaged vote.

2) because virtually everyone voted fox at #1 and there is debate about #2-4, there is a statistical gap between #1 and #2-4. In the broad community vote, Fox has an averaged vote score of 1.13. Falco is in second place with 2.35, Marth in third with 2.96. This means fox will end up having his own tier at the top of the list.

Thoughts?
plausible....i like it!

1MachGO

Smash Ace

Thoughts?
Most people consider Fox to be #1. Most people don't consider Fox to be in a tier by himself.

So you should decide this:

Is this tier list going to analyze opinions?

Or is it going to represent opinions?

If the latter, Fox shouldn't be in his own tier; plain and simple.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
is that "most people" as in those that voted, or most players? i think a balance should be determined between the reasons for why nearly everyone put fox at first with how much better they think he is than the other characters, along with the statistical results, if possible.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Ideally, there should have been a "tier break" option in the tier list. I'll gladly go Fox -> Falco -> Marth -> Sheik, but I would put a tier break between Fox and Falco. People overwhelmingly think Fox is better than Falco, but that doesn't mean Fox is overwhelmingly better than Falco.

Pikachu uses non-commital movement (read: dash dancing) to create opportune situations. Pikachu's movement and options are way too frame-dynamic to actually react to, so you can't camp out Pikachu like you can Ganon or etc. If Captain Falcon's can use unpredictable timing to get random knees (like frame 24 hitbox), then Pikachu should be able to use unpredictable timing to get many more random nairs (hitboxes starting 6 frames after decision).

If Pikachu is dash-dancing just bordering Sheik's boost-grab range, then Pikachu has the opportunity to initiate an option at basically any point. If Sheik puts out a zoning move or grabs, she poses the risk of getting punished with a Pikapproach during her lag; if she does nothing, she risks getting hit by a nair within like 10-12 frames, which you can't react to; if she holds shield, Pika can maintain status quo as she wastes her shield and thus puts herself at risk; if she tries to alter positioning, Pika can punish and/or predict and/or gain positional advantage as a consequence.

Pikachu does have trouble with getting camped (see Kels at TBH4 or M2K anywhere), but there's at least a game to be played there because of Pikachu's speed, his ability to successfuly make use of his few approaches as a consequence of speed and dynamicity, and his ability to get something started once he's in.

Last edited:

Boondocker

Smash Ace
A Tier (no terrible matchups)
Fox
Falco
Marth
Shiek

B Tier: (needs a little bracket luck)
Puff
Peach
ICs
Falcoln

C Tier (needs significant bracket luck, has major weaknesses)
Pikachu
Samus
Luigi
Yoshi
Doc

D Tier (useful as a counterpick, or just better than the F tiers)
Ganon
Mario
Young link
Link

F Tier: (unviable)
Everyone else

The orders may not be accurate, but I do think the tiers are accurate.

Last edited:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
is that "most people" as in those that voted, or most players? i think a balance should be determined between the reasons for why nearly everyone put fox at first with how much better they think he is than the other characters, along with the statistical results, if possible.
more than 95% of people who voted had Fox at #1. No other character on the list has such strong consensus.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Foremost, there are two points I wish to make. Firstly, Melee at a TAS level is a perfectly balanced game. This is simply because all moves have start-up time, and so are beaten by a perfect, reactionary player. This means that there are certain intangibles that we must account for when creating a tier list. Secondly, the point I wish to make is that this tier list is not a "meta snapshot". If it were, it would be a strict analysis of tournament results over a given time period.

This tier list is, instead, a combination of theory with player potential ability. That is to say, it accounts for shifts in the meta that are likely to happen. However, it does not assume that players will ever do everything frame-perfectly. It accounts for a deal of human error, though it accepts that this human error is difficult to quantify.

Let's begin with an argument.

I'll begin with the following assumption that only the following characters are relevant in terms of top-tier threat. We will call these characters "Viable". (Yes, players such as Axe and Amsa have shown that they can consistently win with so-called non-viable characters, but so did Mango with Mario. For the sake of this tier list, we will assume that is a matter of skill differential rather than character ability.)

Ice Climbers, Marth, Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff, Peach, Captain Falcon, Sheik.

Given that the trend of this game has been toward tournament-success, rather than exploration of the game's nuances, we can agree that new players will be more likely to gravitate toward these top-tier threats as opposed to mid-tier and low-tier characters.

Given that new players are more likely to gravitate toward these viable threats than mid-tier and low-tier characters, the percentage of viable characters in tournament (compared to non-viable characters) will increase.

Given those assertions, this tier list is based solely on the matchups between those characters.

Match-ups were decided based upon 5 main factors:

1. Punish game.
2. Combo-avoidance (Difficulty of landing a lengthy combo on the given character).
3. Recovery.
4. Edge-guarding.
5. Neutral game.

Neutral game is deemed the most important factor in this tier list.

1: Marth.

Marth takes the number-one spot on this list. He ties for both the best punish game out of all the characters (Falco), and the best neutral game out of all the characters (Falco). On top of this, Marth combines his near-ideal weight for combo escapes, his solid recovery, and his near unparalleled edge-guarding abilities, to cement his position as the number one character. He is the only character in the game with an advantaged match-up against Fox, and match-ups have evolved to the point where Jigglypuff and Peach are now one-sided affairs (i.e. Marth now can kill them before 100%).

2: Fox.

Fox takes the number-two spot on this list. While his punish game is less consistent than some of the other viable characters, his blistering speed makes for a neutral game that is all-too-often a one-sided affair. Fox's neutral game completely outclasses other viable characters such as Sheik, Jigglypuff, or Peach. The main points which hold Fox back from his former position at #1 are his fast-falling nature, and his neutral game being weaker than Falco's or Marth's.

3: Sheik / Falco.

Sheik has the most consistent finishers in the game, from her simple kill setups to her edgeguards. This combines with a powerful combo game, and insane tech-chasing capabilities. However, she is held back by her poor neutral game, and her weakness to Jigglypuff, Fox, and the Ice Climbers.

Falco ties for both the best neutral game and the best punish game (Marth). However, much as with Fox, he is held back by the fact that he is a fast-faller. Additionally, he struggles both with Jigglypuff and Peach (both Puff and Peach have the tools to deal with his neutral game, and Falco doesn't have the tools Marth does to quickly finish their stocks).

5: Jigglypuff.

Jigglypuff has two losing match-ups in the top 8 (Fox, Marth), and does not have the significant tools in neutral to justify those weaknesses.

6: Peach.

Peach has three losing match-ups in the top 8 (Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff), and does not have the significant tools in neutral to justify those weaknesses.

7: Ice Climbers

The Ice Climbers have four losing match-ups in the top 8 (Fox, Marth, Captain Falcon, Peach). The Ice Climbers have the most potential for mobility within this list next to Falco, as there has been a consistent lack of development at the top level for this character.

8: Captain Falcon.

Captain Falcon is a sad character. He has an incredible punish game. However, as other characters' punish games improve to greater and greater heights, Captain Falcon's weakness in neutral to virtually every other top character is exposed. His high survival percentages matter very little considering his terrible recovery. He goes even with Marth, is advantaged against Peach and the Ice Climbers, and loses to everyone else.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
more than 95% of people who voted had Fox at #1. No other character on the list has such strong consensus.
Yeah, but seriously, how many people specifically put Fox in his own tier? I just scanned the first page of this thread and counted 15 instances where Fox shared S tier, 5 instances where there were no tiers, and only 1 instance where he was put in his own. It's only the first page, but it's pretty obvious the trend continues throughout this thread; if not skewing MORE out of favor of tier separation between Fox and other high tiers.

So again, what are you trying to represent? That a statistical significance of 1.22 points or greater justifies a tier break despite the majority of submitters believed the contrary? You might as well do a tier break whenever there is a 1.22 points difference

Top Bottom