• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta 2015 Community Tier List Voting

Basty

Smash Ace
Alrighty here's my Tier List

S Tier

1. :foxmelee:
2.:falcomelee:
3.:marthmelee:
4.:sheikmelee:
5. :peachmelee:
6.:jigglypuffmelee:
7. :icsmelee:
8. :falconmelee:

A Tier
9.:pikachumelee:
10.:samusmelee:
11.:yoshimelee:
12.:luigimelee:
13.:drmario:
14.:ganondorfmelee:

B Tier
15.:mariomelee:
16.:younglinkmelee:
17.:linkmelee:
18.:dkmelee:

C Tier
19.:roymelee:
20.:gawmelee:
21.:mewtwomelee:

D Tier
22.:bowsermelee:
23.:nessmelee:
24.:zeldamelee:
25.:pichumelee:

E Tier
26.:kirbymelee:

Lopopka

The Wizards Assistant
Lol I was totally gonna question you about Kirby, but then I saw the joke.

Also Ganon is very overrated. He does have very great moves, and amazing punishes, but he has many flaws like slow ground game, susceptibility to combos and chain throws, being easily bogged down by fast attacks and projectiles, and being arguably the most vulnerable character to edge guarding.

He is played very well in tournaments, but he still has many flaws.

Also I don't think Mario should be under Link, or YLink.

These are just some questions, and opinions :p
Hmm.... Links Def better xD

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Doc and Mario need to be up higher on yalls tier lists ;-;

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
Dr. Mario isn't as high as he used to be because no one uses him or places very high in major tournaments using mostly Dr. Mario. Shroomed keeps him in his pocket and very rarely takes him out (kinda like my 3DS when I travel to downtown Toronto). Mario has only been high on early tier lists because we all sucked and Mario was the easiest character to pick up. He is very clearly middle tier.

Last edited:

Brandonr15

Smash Rookie
S+
:foxmelee:
:marthmelee:
:sheikmelee:
:foxmelee:
S
:peachmelee:
:jigglypuffmelee:
S-
:falconmelee:
:icsmelee:
:pikachumelee:
:samusmelee:
A
:yoshimelee:
A-
:drmario:
:luigimelee:
:ganondorfmelee:
B
:younglinkmelee:
:mariomelee:
C
:gawmelee:
:dkmelee:
:pichumelee:
D
:linkmelee:
:zeldamelee:
:roymelee:
lel
:bowsermelee:
:mewtwomelee:
:nessmelee:
:kirbymelee:

I have a question.
Why is Link placed 4 places below Ylink? Link should be placed right underneath him, or at most 2 below Ylink.

I am glad to see someone who doesn't think G&W deserves bottom tier.

NIFOFD

Smash Apprentice
I have a question.
Why is Link placed 4 places below Ylink? Link should be placed right underneath him, or at most 2 below Ylink.

I am glad to see someone who doesn't think G&W deserves bottom tier.

I thought Link was a little bit low too. Other than that, I'm happy to see G&W and Pichu being placed a little bit higher. Also nice to see someone not place Roy way too high.

I liked the smaller tiers too (S+,S,S-, etc...). Other than that I think the second Fox head was supposed to be Falco.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Dr. Mario isn't as high as he used to be because no one uses him or places very high in major tournaments using mostly Dr. Mario. Shroomed keeps him in his pocket and very rarely takes him out (kinda like my 3DS when I travel to downtown Toronto). Mario has only been high on early tier lists because we all sucked and Mario was the easiest character to pick up. He is very clearly middle tier.
Eh, I guess your right. I think it's more of a no ones using Doc or Mario type of deal, so he's not getting anymore exposure. Tier list are about tourney results, therefore why Pikachu and Yoshi have been moving up in the metagame while Doc and Mario have remained or gotten lower.

I hope a good Doc comes out sometime again. He's fun to watch. In the mean time, Rookies putting in work with Mario.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
S Tier
1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Sheik
A Tier
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice Climbers
8. Captain Falcon
B Tier
9. Samus
10. Pikachu
11. Luigi
12. Yoshi
13. Ganondorf
C Tier
14. Dr. Mario
15. Mario
16. Young Link
17 Donkey Kong
D Tier
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Mr. Game and Watch
21. Roy
F Tier
22. Zelda
23. Ness
24. Bowser
25. Pichu
26. Kirby
Pichu is better than Bowser IMO

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I thought Link was a little bit low too. Other than that, I'm happy to see G&W and Pichu being placed a little bit higher. Also nice to see someone not place Roy way too high.

I liked the smaller tiers too (S+,S,S-, etc...). Other than that I think the second Fox head was supposed to be Falco.
Oh you self hating Roy mains :p

I can see why u'd think that with a lot of ppl saying pichu is underrated, but I personally can't see Pichu being above Bowser right now. Just my 2 cents
Not saying your wrong, but I'd like to hear your reasoning. I honestly think Bowser is the worst in the game, but idk I might just be biased against large character models.

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
Oh you self hating Roy mains :p

Not saying your wrong, but I'd like to hear your reasoning. I honestly think Bowser is the worst in the game, but idk I might just be biased against large character models.
Bowser has more tools than Kirby atm. But in this current meta, It's really fair to say Bowser is the worst with really bad high tier matchups.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
So I feel like within each group of tiers, there are smaller groups within them (ala the Brawl tier list). When looked at this way, I feel that things make a little more sense. I also consider how relevant the character is today.

High Mid Low

Top (Defines the metagame):
1. Fox - A lot of really good options. Fast, decent recovery, good combos, shine.
2. Falco - The only reason he's lower than Fox is his recovery.
3. Marth - Excellent spacing, has an easier time dealing with spacies, and more of an overall prominence in the meta.
4. Sheik - Long tech chases, chain grabs, good punish game. Less of a prominence than Marth, but still good.
5. Jigglypuff - Best recovery in the game, rest, amazing off stage game, long aerial strings, less of a prominence.
6. Peach - Tricky movement, turnips (with OP luck chance), good aerials, lives a long time.
7. Ice Climbers - Excellent ground game, wobbling, gets beat out by shine, way more relevant recently.
8. Captain Falcon - Fast, good punish game, knee, bad recovery, less prominence within the top players.

Mid Tier (Requires more technicalities to be successful):
9. Pikachu - Axe pushing the character to the point where he's a hair away from being a God is enough to justify this spot.
10. Samus - Great recovery, great zoning, but there is no player as good as Axe to justify her being higher than Pika.
11. Luigi - Fast ground speed, very floaty, bad recovery, a lot more relevant recently. Room to grow.
12. Doc - Lacks recovery, approach options, and prominence in the meta, but good at everything else.
13. Mario - The only reason he's lower than Doc is due to lack of proof that makes him better than Doc. Has potential.
14. Yoshi - Unorthodox, but viable. Once aMSa has won enough sets against the Gods, I'll consider Yoshi to be higher.
15. Ganondorf - Hits really hard, kills early, decent spacing, slow, meh recovery, relevant.

Almost Viable (Has the potential to be Mid Tier, but has too many shortcomings or not enough proof to be in Mid Tier):
16. Young Link - Good movement and projectiles, but situational. Better as a secondary than a main unless proven otherwise.
17. Link - Same as Young Link, but slower, stronger, more range, and can hold his own. Not enough proof/relevancy.
18. Donkey Kong - Green Ranger proves him to be higher than everyone below, but lower than everyone above.

Not Vialbe (I think you get the point):
19. Mewtwo - Good recovery, floaty, interesting gimmicks, but bad at everything else.
20. Game & Watch - Game design flaws hinder him from being in the Almost Viable tier.
21. Zelda - Floaty, good recovery, kicks do a lot of damage, not many options.
22. Roy - The same reasoning as DK, except there is no good Roy player.
23. Ness - Interesting movement, lacks range, laggy specials, bad recovery.
24. Bowser - DJ Nintendo is the only person keeping Bowser relevant, combo food, can land a good read.
25. Kirby - TripleR is the only person keeping Kirby somewhat relevant. Good up air.
26. Pichu - Who mains Pichu?
All i have to say about this is you cant justify a characters position on just ONE players representation of said character, because it could be the player making the character amazing not just the character themselves. So until more Axes( Relevent Pikachu Mains) or Green Rangers( Relevant DK mains) Arise, i don't believe we can justify there spot. and as for luigi and ganon i think the community has shown they can hold there own at around high midtier. Ex. (Bizz, Kage, Eikelman) (Eddie Mexico, Abate, Vist)

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155
I know Pichu has the smallest hurtbox, but it's the lightest character that can hurt it self AND it can be comboed so easily despite this... still think Pichu>Kirby though. Kirby has no redeeming qualities unlike Pichu and Bowser.
That's a fair assessment. I agree on paper, Bowser has more tools than both Kirby and Pichu, but I just feel in practice he is so easy to hit and combo. His match ups with high tiers are so bad. Add his lack of mobility and I find it hard to get anything at all done with Bowser.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Kirby has more tools both on paper and in practice than Pichu or Bowser, possibly combined.

KirbyStuff said:
-Kirby's tilts are amazing,
-Kirby's bair and fair are both quite good
-Kirby's uair is great platform pressure/sharking and a kill move you can combo in to
-Kirby's dair and swallow are great edgeguarding tools
-Kirby's throws are decent for positioning traps or gains
-Kirby's b-throw can combo into uair
-Kirby's edgeguarding is quite good with his tools alongside having a very solid D-smash and d-tilt for edgeguarding
-Kirby's 3-frame jumpsquat allows wavedashing and jumping to be more effective
-Kirby's crouch makes it very difficult to get off on Kirby
-Kirby's grab range is amazing
-Kirby's shield pressure is decent against a huge portion of the cast thanks to fair/bair/crouch/d-smash/d-tilt
-Kirby's kill moves (bair, uair, dsmash) have comparable KBG and BKB to Bowser's legitimate KO options (Bowser should not land F-smash or uair)
-Kirby's movement is mediocre but not nearly the worst in the game
-Kirby has 5 jumps to mix up recovery heights to combat edgeguarding
-Kirby's horizontal recover is very underrated thanks to rising fairs or other aerials
-Kirby's vertical recovery alongside vertical position control leads to easy "deep, guaranteed edgeguards" with bair/dair
-Kirby's hitboxes are usually decent alongside his hurtbox being tiny, and etc.
Pichu just has no priority and gets combo'd into KO too easily, but he does have a dash dance, a punish game on fast fallers, deep edgeguards, and low commitment in terms of frames.
Bowser, however, on paper is just the worst character any gamecube game has ever seen. He has almost no mobility, he's in lag the majority of the match, he can not compete in neutral, the punish game on him is basically guaranteed 0-to-death, and you should be able to react to or respect almost every option he has (thus taking them away).

Alongside this, Kirby has better competitive results than both Pichu and Bowser, and arguably better results than Ness or Roy as well (would have said Mewtwo as well before Zoma got top 8 at BG#8). There is no equivalent to Triple R for Pichu, Bowser, or Roy (in 2015), and there's no equivalents for Pichu/Bowser for the other stray Kirby players either (Cereal Rabbit, Pimpfish, Hack, Mooninite, etc.)

Last edited:

pichuplayer

Smash Journeyman
Kirby has more tools both on paper and in practice than Pichu or Bowser, possibly combined.

Pichu just has no priority and gets combo'd into KO too easily, but he does have a dash dance, a punish game on fast fallers, deep edgeguards, and low commitment in terms of frames.
Bowser, however, on paper is just the worst character any gamecube game has ever seen. He has almost no mobility, he's in lag the majority of the match, he can not compete in neutral, the punish game on him is basically guaranteed 0-to-death, and you should be able to react to or respect almost every option he has (thus taking them away).

Alongside this, Kirby has better competitive results than both Pichu and Bowser, and arguably better results than Ness or Roy as well (would have said Mewtwo as well before Zoma got top 8 at BG#8). There is no equivalent to Triple R for Pichu, Bowser, or Roy (in 2015), and there's no equivalents for Pichu/Bowser for the other stray Kirby players either (Cereal Rabbit, Pimpfish, Hack, Mooninite, etc.)
as a side note pichu has a chaingrab on fast fallers i think and mario which i have tested as a plus

NIFOFD

Smash Apprentice
While I still think Pichu is underrated (still bad though), I'm not going to argue that point without having actual results to back up my claim. Might have to play Pichu in bracket, but I'll have to develop my top tiers first.

I am happy to see others who agree with me that Bowser is the worst character in the game. Not only is he bad, but I believe he is by far the worst. I have cheesed plenty of people with Up-B, but I feel that when one learns to respect and deal with Up-B, the battle becomes extremely one sided. A large part of the cast doesn't even really need to ever approach Bowser either.

I have a ton of respect for successful Bowser mains.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
pichu's down throw CG only works if people don't DI at all. f tilt can beat out or clank with a lot of stuff, like samus's missiles and marth's f smash. up tilt and up air are amazing tools for catching people approaching.

also eddie i could say the exact same things about pichu for that post you dropped for kirby, just so you know.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
S Tier
1. Fox
2. Marth
3. Falco
4. Sheik
A Tier
5. Peach
6. Jigglypuff
7. Ice Climbers
8. Captain Falcon
B Tier
9. Samus
10. Pikachu
11. Luigi
12. Yoshi
13. Ganondorf
C Tier
14. Dr. Mario
15. Mario
16. Young Link
17 Donkey Kong
D Tier
18. Link
19. Mewtwo
20. Mr. Game and Watch
21. Roy
F Tier
22. Zelda
23. Ness
24. Bowser
25. Pichu
26. Kirby
I'd only put Pichu over Kirby and Ness, maybe Bowser over Ness to. Otherwise, a great list!

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
Of course what I have to say doesn't really mean much but it's fun to make these.

:foxmelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee::marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee: (Tournament winners for the most part)
:icsmelee: :falconmelee::pikachumelee::samusmelee: (Very tournament viable with some jarring flaws)
:luigimelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee: (Viable for top 16)
:yoshimelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::linkmelee: (Somewhat of an ambiguous not good/not bad zone)
:dkmelee::gawmelee::roymelee::nessmelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::bowsermelee::pichumelee::kirbymelee: (Tough times for these fellas, Underneath Roy I'm not even really sure the best order)

Pikachu and Yoshi are hard to place, just because there seems to be only a singular player who seems to get ridiculous results with them. I would say especially with Yoshi, so take his placement with an especially SMALL grain of salt.
I suppose you could say something similar with Jigglypuff, its probably just because Puff's potential in terms of power is more palpable that (s)he is placed higher.

Last edited:

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

Banned via Warnings
Of course what I have to say doesn't really mean much but it's fun to make these.

:foxmelee::falcomelee::sheikmelee::marthmelee::jigglypuffmelee::peachmelee: (Tournament winners for the most part)
:icsmelee: :falconmelee::pikachumelee::samusmelee: (Very tournament viable with some jarring flaws)
:luigimelee::drmario::ganondorfmelee: (Viable for top 16)
:yoshimelee::mariomelee::younglinkmelee::linkmelee: (Somewhat of an ambiguous not good/not bad zone)
:dkmelee::gawmelee::roymelee::nessmelee::mewtwomelee::zeldamelee::bowsermelee::pichumelee::kirbymelee: (Tough times for these fellas, Underneath Roy I'm not even really sure the best order)

Pikachu and Yoshi are hard to place, just because there seems to be only a singular player who seems to get ridiculous results with them. I would say especially with Yoshi, so take his placement with an especially SMALL grain of salt.
I suppose you could say something similar with Jigglypuff, its probably just because Puff's potential in terms of power is more palpable that (s)he is placed higher.
Yoshi under doc is criminal.

Top Bottom