• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2012 Peach needs more parasol

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Got off a couple of KOs near the edge of stages from unsuspecting opponents recovering high

Good when Peach can't chase a character with really good aerial mobility and short-hop nair is missing. Parasol cuts them short.

Parasol does work on Falco / Dedede lol.

Also a side note: is it possible to grab -> ground release -> ground float nair Ness or Lucas? I tried it in a couple of matches and I think fast enough you can? Not sure though.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I had experimented with Parasol at one time, and I concluded that I would have used this move if the hitboxes were more reliable. Sadly they're not, and my opponent can escape my last hit without even trying, leaving me vulnerable in the air with a fall speed of -6.99999 and landing lag of at least a million frames.

That is, if you hit them. If you missed, you may just as well fly of the screen.

:052:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Unfortunately I feel it's a no to both of these things

I too have got the occasional surprise kill with Parasol when I think I could risk it but it's so easy to miss with the final hit - the most reliable way to do that is to use Parasol prematurely so that you hit ONLY with the final one meaning that none of the other hits push them away from the final one
Parasol is just far too unreliable imo and when you miss/don't get the final hit on your opponent/don't kill them, you're going to know about it because of how vulnerable you are. It's a real shame because landing a kill with Parasol is so satisfying

Upon ground releasing Ness/Lucas, you have a 10 frame advantage. Assuming you're frame perfect, Ground Floating Nair would come out on frame 8 (6 frames for jumping and 3 frames for Nair but remember it comes out on the 6th frame of the jump)

So you have 2 frames to actually get over there and hit them with Nair. You're not allowed to dash because that that takes up extra frames so you'd have to move whilst Floating
I don't think it's possible, especially if they get released really far. If they just drop right next to you...then it might be possible but someone would have to check. You could throw this in as a surprise, it'd probably work better on Lucas due to his tether grab (he'll have a harder time grabbing you OoS). Best off sticking to air release Fair for Ness

Keep on trucking Lance, I'm still waiting for that 100% Bob-omb pull :p

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Parasol is actually a nice surprise attack. If you use it right under the highest platform on BF from the ground, you can land on the highest platform right when she lags so you can get away w/ it in most instances.

It can also be used instantly OOS, and if you used correctly, it's a nice mixup IMO. I haven't been using it in a while, but when I did, I rarely got punished. It also has nice priority.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You just have to use it smartly to not get punished.

I'm playing our PR people here in SoCal, and if you use it unpredictably they WILL get hit and you can safely either float away or parasol-ledge-cancel

MechaWave

Smash Champion
2012 Peach needs more move variety, ya hear? It's getting better. (Turnip is an obvious exception.)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Agreed, I don't think Parasol is as situational as we make it sound. Slowest fall speed in the game, sure, but a permanent hitbox is good in this game - and it combos into itself.

Ill does it perfectly here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYF6T0GBqaU&t=4m17s

Might work especially well on any of the RCO lag crowd, since we'd land at about the same time, resulting in a neutral position (assuming you landed behind them).

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Agreed, I don't think Parasol is as situational as we make it sound. Slowest fall speed in the game, sure, but a permanent hitbox is good in this game - and it combos into itself.

Ill does it perfectly here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYF6T0GBqaU&t=4m17s
...and then gets promptly F Tilted upon landing :/
Just sayin

The permanent hitbox from opening/closing the Parasol is nice and using it vs people with RCO lag sounds like a good idea but don't you risk them landing much sooner than you and being to able to act faster than you anyway due to have a slower fall speed?

I too would like to see more Parasol in Peach's game but not a huge lot because of how risky it is. If you learnt how to aim the Parasol so you just hit with the part that has the knockback then it could be a very nice surprise attack/potential KO

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
It's a really cool move.

I like it, but I really don't use it often because of the risks.

Like Meno showed, I used it to try to catch Razer offguard... it missed, so I combo'd into it hoping to escape the situation of that super slow falling speed but he still f-tilted me.

It's one of those... creative ideas you randomly get and throw out.. hoping it will hit.
This won't help at all against Metaknight, but it's pretty good against any character who has slow aerial mobility (Snake, of course).

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
It's a really cool move.

I like it, but I really don't use it often because of the risks.

Like Meno showed, I used it to try to catch Razer offguard... it missed, so I combo'd into it hoping to escape the situation of that super slow falling speed but he still f-tilted me.

It's one of those... creative ideas you randomly get and throw out.. hoping it will hit.
This won't help at all against Metaknight, but it's pretty good against any character who has slow aerial mobility (Snake, of course).

Meta Knight has slower aerial mobility, he's just too light... and Nair/UpB of course.

Not that it really matters anyway, it's flashy and creative etc., but I don't like risking my stock for <10% and virtually a negative reward afterwards.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
If Ill had parasol canceled or floated a little earlier away he would have gone unpunished.

I use it and it's a way to follow up some attacks just to give your opponent the feeling of "I'm never safe". I'm using it more

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
If Ill had parasol canceled or floated a little earlier away he would have gone unpunished.
I dont want to rain on your parade and if you find some use for UpB, please pull it off, but you are seriously overrating Parasol. First of all, Snake's Ftilt is huge, so it would still hit anyway. Even if Ftilt wasn't an option for some reason, he could still have used another move such as dash attack since Snake has range and Peach has lag.

That brings me to my second point: Parasol has 30 ****ing frames of landing lag. Compare that with Toad's 31, Peach Bomber's 33 and DownB's 29. It's A LOT. If you use it aggressively and miss, you should theorically always be punished for it except if you ledge cancel it but there is not always a ledge around and canceling is quite hard (and you're still not in the most ideal position).

And like many of us have said already, escaping Parasol is very easy for the opponent. Even if they didn't even mean to DI out, they can still avoid the last hit. Big problem here.

Parasol is super situational and if you think it will work in a random scenario, use it if you pleases you. If you're not 100% sure then just don't because Parasol is one of Peach's least reliable moves and that's not good for a character whose strengths consist of safety and reliability and whose weaknesses consist of lightness and aerial defense.

Top Bottom