• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2012 King Dedede Matchup Export #2 - Snake

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I played a tourney quarterfinals set against Fatal at Anime Boston two weeks ago and I got quite a taste of the D3:Snake MU, and boy what a taste it was! So, first 15 seconds in, I almost 0-death'd him, cuz I CG'd him on Smashville into Pummel Release at the edge and grabbed him out of his cipher, but he C4'd himself, so I didn't get that stock. He then proceeded to make the rest of that set a living hell. However, I was able to pick up a few things. Once we get in, the rewards are quite large and immediate as long as there are no grenades around, but a cautious Snake should always be accounting for that anyway. I kind of felt like D3 has trouble with the Nikita when he's recovering. His aerial jumps are quite slow and even if he tries to recover high, the Nikita can be positioned so that it's still an annoying threat. That might just be me being dumb, though... Grenades and mines can be dealt with via ftilt. DACUS is pretty hard to deal with by pivot grab. Roll back seems like best option. That also deals with his Gatling combo, which gives Snake practically the same results for positioning.

Fatal and I had a small conversation about the MU afterwards, and his opinion is that the MU is probably even, maybe slightly in D3's favor. If the D3 gets impatient or extremely bold and starts making too direct approaches, it's really easy for Snake to punish and tack on quite a bit of damage himself. Thus, I don't think it would be too wise to just "rambo through [Snake's] jank," as 4God put it.

Bobwithlobsters

Smash Journeyman
In my experience snake will sometimes refuse to approach and just nade camp even when you have the lead. Just be smart about avoiding the nades and force snake to approach and you might get a timeout.

:phone:

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
What I mean is, If you have the lead (a stock), why the hell should you be approaching? that´s the main problem of this MU: APPROACHING. Yes, it´s true, If :dedede: grabs him it can be a stock, but that´s what sucks. Its just so hard to get in without taking some damage. I don´t know how the hell do we get in, that´s what we should be discussing.
When I land a chaingrab a take it to the ledge and then grab release. He doesn´t have too much options and the best he has (as far as I know) its to jump back and cypher, then C4 himself. If he does this you can quickly jump and fair him. Oh, just for the record, learn to footstool him after he explodes himself. I don´t know how to play this matchup very well to be honest...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ftilt is what keeps this match-up even imo. Without it I wouldn't have a clue how to even get the slightest chip damage in. I mean we do have the CG, edge guards and all that jazz but none of that reliably works unless we get a solid lead established ... and even then it's pretty hard. Ftilt can really mess with Snake's camping options even though the damage is minmal and the reward can be in vain so quickly.

:059:

D

Deleted member 189823

Hey, I'm somewhat new to DDD competetively, but I plan to start using him well mostly to deal with Snake. Are you guys going to put all the important information against him up in the OP? I don't feel like reading through the whole thread...:x

Top Bottom