• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Cities and Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1

Banned via Administration
Gamebattles.com is too good, brings me back to my TimeSplitters:FP days on my PS2 clan matches ftw. ^_^

g-regulate

Smash Hero
But if you look in the backroom like a year and half ago i posted about it being a good idea for tournament. Something that hadnt been done, and would have a ton of strategy behind it. ;)

Anyway, I will still be around. No matter what, I would be. But as it stands i will i will still be involved with smash on MLGs behalf. Pound 2, I should be there
yea looks like pound 2, cataclysm, and FC are gonna be the MLG's of this year. everyone should get back to their roots, and start owning up at their local tournies to practice up. its always been my philosophy that you gotta practice with EVERYONE to get good, not just the good people.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'll throw in my two cents here.

This is all speculation, just so people know. I need to throw that out there first.

If I were in charge of MLG I'd think I would be in a very tough decision. I think Smash has done well, and could be included again. However, the game is quite old making it less likely to expand, and there's Brawl somewhere in the future. Considering the release date is a lot of speculation it makes running a Melee season quite difficult. What if you have Melee and halfway through the season Brawl comes out? Unless it's really awful, people are going to want to play the new game and not so much the old game. Audiences would also be less interested in watching the old game when the new game looks so much better and is, well, NEW! But what are your other options? Scrap the rest of the season? That's pretty unprofessional and you don't want to go back on what you say you're going to do if you're a professional organization. Change the game halfway? I don't see how that can be managed. It seems like a horrible situation for all parties to me.

The same crisis may happen with Halo as well, though I haven't kept up on the Halo 3 news so I don't know how that situation is being handled.

So that's how I see it right now. Am I completely wrong? I have no idea.

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
I feel like Drephen right now. It seems like there could be something else done instead of completely dropping smash from the pro circuit.

Buisness Decision = Smash aint Mainstream enough to keep. Sorry, we're going to try to keep yall happy but as for right now we cant do it anymore.

I feel that it wasnt so much that Smash wasnt contributing enough but that they will get so much more by adding GoW, a more mainstream game.

As of right now thats my understanding of this cituation.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Acting like what? I like M3D, but I don't like the way he's treating people. I really have no reason to be respectful to JesusFreak, who posted without any clue what he's talking about.

Seriously M3D I have no problem with you, just the way you act sometimes. If someone acts like an idiot, they don't deserve respect (ie noobs), but there's no need to be overly disrespectful to someone who hasn't done anything wrong.
I don't need to know. There's no reason to be throwing names around in the 1st place.

And I don't want an apology. I just hope you have a great day, no sarcasm at all. :)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I said the last post I made was gonna be my last, but I'm gonna respond to a few things and then close this thread. JV will be making a post to explain the details of what MLG has in store for the Smash community soon and we can all return to the discussion when that thread goes up.

What I said to Fonz at the season opener was more than warranted. A lot of Smash kids were confused at the first event abot the new rules and I had addressed them several times over during the event. I explained them before the tournament began. Then during the teams finals I explained them again to the confused and angry crowd. During the rest of singles I explained the rules several more times to not only the competitors that were actually playing but to the random kids that wanted to argue with me about it all.

Then during the finals this random kid that I didn't know starts yelling at me over the player's shoulders about the rules again. The first thought that went through my head was "who is this kid?" followed closely by the second though "Why is he talking? This has nothing to do with him." So I asked him outloud, "Who are you?" Instead of answering me he tried to argue again and I shut him up by asking again, "Seriously, who are you?" The point was A. I don't know who you are and B. You have no business talking right now. This doesn't concern you.

And guess what? He had no business talking right then. He had no business arguing with me about the rules. He was adding to an already stressful tournament when the players that were already in the match knew EXACTLY what was going on. They didn't need him to clarify anything. The match was ready to go. He was wasting everyone's time and getting on my already short nerves. So no, I will not apologize to him for that. He was being a busy-body and I got him to shut up so we could finish a tournament that was already running late. And in this thread, once again, he had no reason to chime in. He was just being an idiot and I didn't feel like addressing his childish insult. So I reminded him that I don't care what he thinks of me without resulting to calling names back.

I will, however, apologize for being somewhat harsh with people on the forums. I don't need to call people idiots. I honestly don't have a lot of patience for idiocy and people who are clearly ignorant of the situation running their mouths. I hate that ignorant people complain and turn themselves into victims of some great evil before they even know the TRUTH of the situation. I am of the belief that if you don't know, you shouldn't be running your mouth. So I admit that I have a patience issue and I am too harsh at times in response to people. I will attempt to be a kinder, gentler M3D on the forums.

But Chillin, you should know that your response was directly insulting. I'm not "basically a Halo guy now" at all. I'm a 25-year-old married professional who is making his living writing about video games. Halo is the biggest game on the tour so I write more about that than Smash, but I am still involved with Smash on some levels that I can't explain because of my job and contracts that I've signed that say I keep quiet. Just because being an adult and having a wife and a real job keeps me from traveling to grassroots gaming tournaments every weekend doesn't mean I'm not a Smasher anymore. I don't have ANYONE to play with in North Carolina, but I still throw Smash into my cube on a regular basis and play against the computer for fun. At MLG events, after my day of work is over, I don't go find a Halo 1 LAN to participate in. I hook up my gamecube and play Smash with staffers and Smash kids. SSBM is still, bar none, my favorite video game ever and I still play it every chance I get.

And Chillin, Fonz had no good reason to chime in with an insult and you had no reason to pile it on with him. I don't really have a problem with you Chillin but I do have a problem with how you act sometimes. Your loyalty to your friends causes you to sometimes act like an idiot. And you are absolutely right, when someone acts like an idiot they don't really deserve to be treated with respect. It doesn't matter if they are a n00b or a well-respected member of the community. I don't see how my actions have in any way violated that concept.

So yeah. Thanks to Clap and the MLG staff for always being behind smash. Clap said it right. Everyone at MLG loves Smash. In time, you guys will see that MLG still intends to invest in the SSBM community and hopefully continue that support when Brawl launches sometime this year. Until then, please try to act respectfully towards the company that has always treated Smash with respect. Please don't run your mouth about things when you don't know the inner workings of the company or what we have in store for Smash in 07. JV will be posting sometime soon with more details and you will be free to discuss the plans in his thread when the time comes.

Until then, let's ALL try to avoid acting like idiots.

BACH

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some of the reasons will become obvious within the next few months, MLG is not releasing all the information at a single time.

Bach had control of everything, I believe a week or two ago though he was asked to send the content that he had back to MLG offices so they could work on it themselves. Not sure if Bach has sent anything back yet though...
it's coming as soon as i can get it all together. I've been busy.

I've been working 2 jobs everyday, and getting ready to Deploy overseas for the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom