• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2-player Wi-Fi?

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
I'm Unsure if it has been said, But I've already looked on the search bar and google, but I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following question:

When playing online Wi-Fi against strangers, say a 2v2, and you have a buddy over next to you, can you or can you not, play with two players by Wi-Fi against strangers or even in Free-For-All?

I ask because I have the thought that you cannot, and that when playing with friends, online or off, you can only play with other friends, and the Wi-Fi against strangers can only be played 1-player.

But if no one knows, I suppose we will all wait till Feb 10th to find out :ohwell:

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Watch, it'll be next Monday's update. And probably no one knows if you can do this. *Crosses fingers*.

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman
If you mean team battle than yes, you can. And I think you can play against strangers and friends in this mode you just probably have to find a game to play in.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
If you mean team battle than yes, you can. And I think you can play against strangers and friends in this mode you just probably have to find a game to play in.

Yes, but I meant together... a mixture, like having a friend over, and going wifi against two strangers

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
Watch, it'll be next Monday's update. And probably no one knows if you can do this. *Crosses fingers*.
sadly that's one more week :ohwell:

for the topic, I don't really think that will work (though I too hope it will)
you just can't get 3 players seating together and go online to hunt down that odded out player, can you ?

but 2 vs 2 IS possible O_o

fos

Smash Cadet
my personal opinion is:

- you can play 2 vs 2 online with a friend on the same console, something like Mario Strikers mode

- Playing at "with friends" maybe if you can get a four-players,, with the FC's .. you can make teams 2vs2..

i hope so..

marcus0103

Smash Apprentice
Yes, he confirmed this with the "With Anyone/Basic Brawl" update on Dec. 7. Look at the 3rd pic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You probably can. You could go to online, play with anyone and let your friend pick his character and then it'd probably search for 2 more people to fill up the empty slots.

Maben

Smash Journeyman
Yes, he confirmed this with the "With Anyone/Basic Brawl" update on Dec. 7. Look at the 3rd pic.
Not saying that it won't happen, but that pic (and the entire update) really doesn't prove this at all. Just because you can do a team battle doesn't necessarily mean you can partner up with a person on the same Wii. I presume they will add this in, considering the plethora of other features we will have, but it's definitely NOT confirmed.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
I'm Unsure if it has been said, But I've already looked on the search bar and google, but I was wondering if anyone knows the answer to the following question:

When playing online Wi-Fi against strangers, say a 2v2, and you have a buddy over next to you, can you or can you not, play with two players by Wi-Fi against strangers or even in Free-For-All?

I ask because I have the thought that you cannot, and that when playing with friends, online or off, you can only play with other friends, and the Wi-Fi against strangers can only be played 1-player.

But if no one knows, I suppose we will all wait till Feb 10th to find out :ohwell:
you can play 2 v 2against strangers in mario strikers

NDUDE

Smash Ace
I'm assuming you can. Reasoning:

- The past games have recognized another player even in single-player modes. For instance, if P2 chooses Adventure Mode, then they get to play, not P1.
- The aforementioned is included in SSBB with the SSE Teams. My point? The game knows when there are other players and lets them, well, do stuff...
- It's been included in other games like Mario Strikers Charged, so why not SSBB?

Twoje

Smash Rookie
Okay, so he asked if you can play online 2v2 or FFA with a friend on the same console versus strangers over WiFi.

What about 2v2/FFA with a friend who is on another console over Wifi versus strangers who are also over WiFi --- so basically nobody is playing on the same Wii, but you know one of the other players (your friend)?

Can you do this? If not, I'm going to be severely disappointed, but I wouldn't be surprised, since Nintendo tends to limit the openness that online should have...*grumbles*

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
It was Mario Strikers, it will be in Brawl!
Correct indeed; but I do wonder if you could do the same thing, becasue Brawl you can have up to 4 Wii's in a match, I don't know if anyone could play on the same T.V. or get another Wii to do it.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
I hope that's what "Team" is for.
I'd like to Team-Brawl with my brother, y'know..

Top Bottom