• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Player Co-op Online Subspace Emissary?

gangstajuice05

Smash Cadet
one quick question, is subspace emissary 2 player co-op online! So if your friend is NOT next to YOU, you can still play 2 player co-op storymode online or there isn't one/yet?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
There hasn't been much said on this but it doesn't seem likely.

Rodriguezjr

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that will happen. That would be extremely big for the game to handle.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY hope that it is online, but it doesn't seem likely, considering how long Subspace Emissary is.

It would be great if that was a feature included in the game, though.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
Naysayers: So you think Sakurai would make online co-op Home Run Contest...but not Subspace Emissary?

Interesting.

I reckon it's a shoe-in.

Rash

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it's already been confirmed that the only online modes are Brawl, Multi-Man Brawl, and Home Run Contest.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Subspace is too vast to do online, and so many different characters on the screen might make it lag terribly.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Probably not no, hasn't been mentioned yet and it's not like nintendo to include such an option. Plus it could get a lot of lawsuits placed against it if they go about it the wrong was because games like halo 3 have done online co-op scenarios. They probably won't be successful lawsuits but when a big name like nintendo does something like that, a lot of people pounce at the chance.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Lemon Drop we have no idea what happens on the brawl screen yet, Could be selectable from there. Just like you would do a team battle or single

Darkurai

Smash Master
Lemon Drop we have no idea what happens on the brawl screen yet, Could be selectable from there. Just like you would do a team battle or single
But that's quite obviously the With Friends screen. The other things you don't do in the With Friends mode.

Frogla

Smash Ace
But that's quite obviously the With Friends screen. The other things you don't do in the With Friends mode.
Yep, Its a very odd setup. But we can't say anything conclusive because we have'nt seen behind what Brawl says.

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
You mean like Multi-Man Brawl? Where up to 7 full movesetted characters can be on the screen at once? Yet that's still online..?
Sorry to correct you here, but I really really, really doubt you can compare it.

SSE has scrolling stages, cinematic scenes, constant character swaps, see what I mean? More effects overall, too.

The Alloys guys are just skins that doesn't use special moves, sure there's up to 7, but I doubt you can say there's a lot about them

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Probably not no, hasn't been mentioned yet and it's not like nintendo to include such an option. Plus it could get a lot of lawsuits placed against it if they go about it the wrong was because games like halo 3 have done online co-op scenarios. They probably won't be successful lawsuits but when a big name like nintendo does something like that, a lot of people pounce at the chance.
The general feature of online co-op story modes isn't even able to be classified an owned, distinct intellectual property. This wouldn't hold in any sort of meaningful court setting, and is not something to worry about. Even attempting a lawsuit like that is basically free money to Nintendo out of your pocket. :dizzy:
Sorry to correct you here, but I really really, really doubt you can compare it.

SSE has scrolling stages, cinematic scenes, constant character swaps, see what I mean? More effects overall, too.

The Alloys guys are just skins that doesn't use special moves, sure there's up to 7, but I doubt you can say there's a lot about them
None of the features in SSE are actually any harder to synch through WiFi than any of the calamity that happens in 2-player Multi-Man Brawls. Cinematic scenes? Please. Anything else? We're still limited by the fact that P2 must follow P1. It's being overlooked not because it'll be too difficult to do through Wi-Fi, but rather, the way the co-op currently works itself is rather tacked on and is not conducive to 2 players playing through the entire SSE mode. An example is the multiple solo encounters within SSE, such as the one with Petey Pirhana.

Top Bottom