• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 new ways of finishing MK and some other chain grabables

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Okay, I have not read ANYTHING about people using this, and I am not sure why I couldn't figure this out before but.. while chain grabbing MK across the stage, if the mk is at high percent you can grab him, chew him and then when he pops out you can do a dash to up smash or a simple dash attack. My biggest problem vs mk was killing him and I believe this method to be the easiest way. The grab to up smash only works on MK and Wario, (that I tested) and the dash attack after grab works on all the chain grabables.

again, I might of missed this somewheres and it might be common sense but I am just throwing it out there for people who have issues killing mk and company..

Gindler

Smash Champion
Does the Dthrow to yoshi bomb work on MK? I love finsihing off a stubborn snake (by stubborn I mean one that's at 150% that i was unable to edgeguard for some reason) with that "combo" of course it is affected by DI so it won't work everytime but sure is unexpected as i've never seen another yoshi do it.

D

Deleted member

Haha, just had to put 2 and 2 together, thanks pride =) Thatll help against mk (i already knew about wario)

Bwett

Smash Ace
Okay, I have not read ANYTHING about people using this, and I am not sure why I couldn't figure this out before but.. while chain grabbing MK across the stage, if the mk is at high percent you can grab him, chew him and then when he pops out you can do a dash to up smash or a simple dash attack. My biggest problem vs mk was killing him and I believe this method to be the easiest way. The grab to up smash only works on MK and Wario, (that I tested) and the dash attack after grab works on all the chain grabables.

again, I might of missed this somewheres and it might be common sense but I am just throwing it out there for people who have issues killing mk and company..
Dude, I totally came with the same realization day before yesterday while playing Infinity, if any of you don't know, probably top metaknight and player in Texas, but anyways. It's rapetastic, although it seems that metaknight might be able to get out of it. Either that, or I screwed up the timing a few times. I love playing metaknights now lol.

Scala

Smash Ace
Does the Dthrow to yoshi bomb work on MK? I love finsihing off a stubborn snake (by stubborn I mean one that's at 150% that i was unable to edgeguard for some reason) with that "combo" of course it is affected by DI so it won't work everytime but sure is unexpected as i've never seen another yoshi do it.
This combo sounds awesome, I will be trying it for sure next time I get a hold of brawl. In the meanwhile does anyone know of any youtube vids with someone doing this?

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
This combo sounds awesome, I will be trying it for sure next time I get a hold of brawl. In the meanwhile does anyone know of any youtube vids with someone doing this?
I think I've seen one before, but I can't recall who it was or where the video is. I'll check the video thread again...

Bwett

Smash Ace
I have a feeling this will make you yoshi mains happy
This is what happens when you get good with yoshi.....You can compete with REALLY GOOD METAKNIGHTS

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvzODSPeNw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOIhX...eature=related

As a person who mains mostly low tier character. "LINK COUGH" I was pleased so see a yoshi player keep up with the meta
Yoshi is actually a pretty good counterpick against metaknight because of eggs, chain grab and priority. Plus, his Uair completely owns metaknight lol. Personally I dont think the Yoshi in the first video was all that great. Needs more egg spam to control metaknight. Plus he let mk get into the space. You always have to keep him at a distance since he sucks at midrange or so. I've played them alot lol.

kangaroo

Smash Cadet
I have a feeling this will make you yoshi mains happy
This is what happens when you get good with yoshi.....You can compete with REALLY GOOD METAKNIGHTS

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tJvzODSPeNw
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DTOIhX...eature=related

As a person who mains mostly low tier character. "LINK COUGH" I was pleased so see a yoshi player keep up with the meta
ooh Yone, another japanese pro yoshi from melee, didn't know he had a youtube account. too bad he seems to main pikachu now though =/

EggZavier

Smash Rookie
Who EXACTLY can Yoshi chaingrab. so far I only know that Metaknight, Lucas(of course), Falco and apparently Wario. anybody else?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: We have a (sticked, I think) thread on this topic, guy.

Cool name, by the way.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think it was mentioned in the Chaingrab Topic, and the matchup's.

Along with MetaKnight, Yoshi can also Usmash Ganondorf, Squirtle, and obviously Wario out of the Release.

I think you could do this against a Wolf, but I believe that they can react in time to avoid it.

Never even thought about that Dthrow to DownB combo. I should try it out

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I think I might try this, in like a month. :(
Wish I had brawl. I wouldn't consider buying one in China, since it's like 2000 yuen.

The moment I get back home, I'm gonna try this and all the other teqniques I learned on this Board. What are Yoshi's ATs again?

-Dragonic reverse
-pivot grab
-That thing you do on the edge with the egg toss...

I can't think of anything else. Can someone sum up what I should know about yoshi?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I have that already posted under the official CG thread so it has already been discovered. But thanks for bringing it up.

I think I might try this, in like a month. :(
Wish I had brawl. I wouldn't consider buying one in China, since it's like 2000 yuen.

The moment I get back home, I'm gonna try this and all the other teqniques I learned on this Board. What are Yoshi's ATs again?

-Dragonic reverse
-pivot grab
-That thing you do on the edge with the egg toss...

I can't think of anything else. Can someone sum up what I should know about yoshi?
The super jumping and infinite jumping. And the CG

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh people. this thread is OLD. why was it brought up again lolol. I know it is now mentioned.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
i know lolol. looks like I JUST discovered this hehehe....i wish i had the power to delete my own threads.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The yoshi boards are the most active so people feel like posting in old threads because they all might be useful.

Top Bottom