• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Days. 5 Slots (Presumably). Who will occupy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
In a dream state:
Wolf
Ridley
Mewtwo
Isaac
whatever the DK fanbase wants

In reality to fill 4 slots, I would say Ridley, Mewtwo, and two more clones...or Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and one more clone.

Last edited:

SmashWarrior202

Smash Cadet
NNID
Smashmatt202
3DS FC
1633-4497-7356
I'm just going to copy/paste what I wrote over on another duplicate thread:

I knew there would be five more characters yet to be revealed. Part of me wonders if it's just for DLC, or if they characters are still in-game, waiting to be unlocked (I hope it's the latter, and also that we might still get some DLC).

As for who they might be, well, there WAS that rumor that the final characters are Ridley, Mewtwo, Mach Rider, Dixie Kong, and Impa. As far as those choices are concerned, I'd feel satisfied... but then there's be no Rhythm Heaven character. I'm not big on the Chorus Men/Choir Boys specifically, but I want some form of Rhythm Heaven character to be playable, particularly Marshel, since his design is basic enough to incoporate a variety of different Rhythm Heaven games, as opposed to a character who's specifically known for one thing (that being singing).

As to who of the five previously mentioned characters I'd remove in favor of a Rhythm Heaven character... Gosh, this is hard. I'd like to see Dixie Kong, since I want a little more DK representation, but I'd also like Impa because I feel like The Legend of Zelda deserves at least one more newcomer this time around. The Mach Rider is a unique choice, plus Sakurai's favorite (if I recall correctly, though I don't know where I read it), and Ridley and Mewtwo don't really need a reason behind them at this point...

...Honestly, I'd got with Dixie Kong, not that I don't want her, but I find her the most expendable of the five, plus next time, where she'd be paired with King K. Rool, would be a perfect time to introduce her to the series!

...So yeah, I'm going to guess Ridley, Mewtwo, Rhythm Heaven character(Chorus Men, Marshal, whatever), Mach Rider, and Impa.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
My money's on:
1. Lucas (Brawl Main, need him back(
2. Ridley (Metroid needs more than Samus and Samus for characters)
3. King K. Rool (2 DK Smash Run enemies, I see a newcomer for the series being very probable)
4. Mewtwo (I won't care if he's in or not)
5. Wolf/Marshal (Marshal more than Wolf, but I'll miss Wolf if he's gone)

andimidna

Smash Master
1. Dixie Kong. She ticks every box, basically. Popular and easy to model for, DK needs a 3rd rep and she is the next in line. I don't see K. Rool getting in unless there is a 4th DK rep.

2. Mewtwo. Popular, recently relevant again, and he already has a moveset from Melee. Obvious choice.

3. Ridley. Has been hyped and pined over for two games now. And has been teased and teased and teased. If he isn't in, I will genuinely be surprised at the gall of Nintendo.

Those three, to me, are the three locks if we are getting more characters. The other two depend on whether or not implementing the multi-model characters really was too difficult for the 3DS or not. If it wasn't:

4. Ice Climbers
5. Chorus Kids

And if it was:

4. Impa
5. Genuinely no clue. Could be anyone from Mach Rider to Sami to any one of the veterans yet to be revealed. However, I do feel like Lucas and Wolf were cut considering what Sakurai has said previously about cutting characters. I'm going to say Sami (stealing snakes moveset) just because that's what I want personally.
Yes. This is pretty much what I've been thinking since the DLC was fake.

I don't think Chorus Kids are in if the Ice Climbers aren't. Both are team fighters with series enemies in Smash run. I suspect both were planned but couldn't be completed on the 3ds (hopefully they'll be figured out later for future DLC).
But if one is in, the other is too.

Mewtwo, Ridley, and a DK rep seem like the top priorities that I'd be shocked to not see. And the DK rep spot is leaning well into Dixie's favor.

Then for a 4th character, Impa. A recurring Zelda character with decent popularity that, like Dixie, could either be a clone or unique. I only don't see her happening if Ice Climbers/Chorus Kids happen.

And the 5th character is a toss-up. I used to lean towards it going to Wolf, but that color scheme being changed to look more like Wolf isn't promising. And before that I leaned towards Mach Rider, but I'm not sure how much validity text leaks hold even when there are many of them that say the same thing. And more recently I leaned towards K Rool, and there being 4 DK reps, but at this point that just seems like a pipe-dream. The only other option I've been seriously considering is a slot for Miis. Which would be... meh. I'm hearing in other posts that that isn't happen, but I still don't get how you play as them in matches with other characters without them getting a CSS icon. idk... maybe Lucas still has a shot? Well, I haven't completely counted out the Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids, but it would be weird to see them unlockable.
Only other characters with at least a 10% chance would be Isaac and Snake imo. (Used to believe in Sami, don't anymore, sorry)
Not sure... there's so much going against each one... I'll be surprised no matter what. But for now I'll say I'm leaning towards K Rool.

And then there's always the possibility we don't get anyone else (except through DLC)

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
In an ideal world, the final five would be:
Ridley
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Lucas
and Wolf

but knowin' Sakurai we're probably gonna get some stupid bs like chorus kids instead
*shrugz*

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
In an ideal world, the final five would be:
Ridley
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Lucas
and Wolf

but knowin' Sakurai we're probably gonna get some stupid bs like chorus kids instead
*shrugz*
Switch Lucas with Isaac and that is the 5 that would be perfect for me.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
King K Rool (too highly requested, too good of a niche)
Ridley (same as above, more villians!)
Mewtwo (too iconic, too worthy)
Snake (I highly doubt Konami wouldn't allow him back in)
Masked Man (Earthbound)

Girnee

Smash Cadet
1. Krystal
2. Mewtwo
3. Ridley
4. Dixie Kong
5. ??? (Bayonetta/Chorus Men/Impa)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'd want:

Lucas
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Ridley (For all his fans, he really deserves to be in)
Dixie Kong (I think she'd make a great addition)

Also, I'd love for a few more highly requested characters like Impa to get in but I don't see it going over 5 more than the leaked CSS. Hopefully I'm wrong.

1.Ridley
2.Dixie Kong
3.Impa
4.Krystal
5.Mewtwo
Your signature is the best thing since sliced bread.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
What I want

1. Dixie Kong
2. King K. Rool
3. Marshal
4. Mewtwo
5. Ridley

What I expect

1. Mii Gunner
2. Mii Brawler
3. Mii Swordfighter
4. Lucas
5. Chorus Men

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I'd say:
Lucas
Ice climbers
Ridley
Mewtwo
DK character, most likely Dixie, but I want k Rool

Boofer

Smash Ace
I'm taking the pessimistic route. I'm going to assume we won't get more, but hope for the best.

Assuming we get more:

I WANT:
Isaac
Impa
Sceptile
Mewtwo
Krystal

I EXPECT:
Dixie
Chorus men
Mewtwo
Miis
Some clone

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Ridley and Mewtwo are locks as far as I am concerned, I'd put money on their inclusions. That leaves a DK representative, a LoZ representative and Star Fox. So Dixie (K-rool hasn't been involved in Donkey Kong since rare left Nintendo), Impa (sorry the groose is not loose), and my guess is either Wolf or a new Star Fox character from Star Fox WiiU (both Roy and Lucas were intended to be in smash before their other games). As for why Ice Climbers and Chorus Kids are cut and not Rosalina it isn't graphics, it's processing power, Luma has no AI whereas Nana and the other Kids do.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I want:

Ice Climbers
K. Rool
Mewtwo
Ridley
Tetra (these last two would complete the trophy theory; even if Tetra is not from SS, I can't see Groose making it)

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Changing my mind a bit:
- Chorus Men
- Mewtwo
- Ridley
- Impa

And that's it, cuz Mii Fighter is probably taking up 1 tile.

Servine

Smash Cadet
Ridley
Mewtwo
Ridley
Mewtwo
K. Rool

Well, in reality, this is what I think.
DK rep
Ice Climbers
Impa
Bandana Dee
And I think the last slot goes for Mii Fighters, if it doesn't, then definitely Ridley or Mewtwo (or someone like Mach Rider).

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
4. That the leak edit that suggested Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men and Dixie is fake, and thus the five are totally
Is there any evidence for this.

But here is my 5
1) New Zelda rep (likely to be Impa)
2)Mewtwo
3)Ridley
4)Rythm Heaven rep
5)Tom Nook (don't necessarily want him, but I think it's likely he is in, as he is an unpredictable character and from a successful IP)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Best-case scenario IMO would be

Isaac
Mewtwo
Ridley
Dixie Kong OR K. Rool
Wolf? (I don't think it's fair for Star Fox to lose a character)

I don't know what to actually expect, though.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
There's a theory that the final 5 characters will be on-disc for Wii U/DLC for 3DS, I wonder how big of a s*** storm (not sure if this site censors or not) there'll be if that's true.

My ideal final 5 would be:
Snake
Dixie Kong
Ridley
Impa
Mewtwo

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
There's a theory that the final 5 characters will be on-disc for Wii U/DLC for 3DS, I wonder how big of a s*** storm (not sure if this site censors or not) there'll be if that's true.
The Wii U version already costs $20 more and has less features, do you really think they'd throw on-disc DLC into the pile? I feel like it would be on the 3ds cartridge if anything.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Is there any evidence for this.

But here is my 5
1) New Zelda rep (likely to be Impa)
2)Mewtwo
3)Ridley
4)Rythm Heaven rep
5)Tom Nook (don't necessarily want him, but I think it's likely he is in, as he is an unpredictable character and from a successful IP)
I don't really see them adding another AC character. I feel Villager is enough for now, he/she has just almost everything you can do from the games. Not to mention Tom Nook is part of his final smash if I'm not mistaken?

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Basing my list off what I expect:
- Mewtwo:
The obvious reasons
- Ridley:
Im not the biggest Ridley supporter but it makes too much sense for him to be playable with all the evidence going around
- Dixie Kong:
I can see another clone getting in and Dixie is a logical pick
- A Rhythm Heaven rep:
Just a gut feeling sort of thing
- ???:
I don't really know who else could make it. Im hoping it is someone completely random like Wii Fit Trainer.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I don't really see them adding another AC character. I feel Villager is enough for now, he/she has just almost everything you can do from the games. Not to mention Tom Nook is part of his final smash if I'm not mistaken?
Well if that's true about the final smash, then I put Dixie (as my most likely 5th pick) and Vaati (as my most wanted).

And if Tom Nook were in, I would see him as a clone. The only reason I see Animal Crossing getting 2 representatives, is because in melee we saw Fire Emblem start off with 2 reps. But also you have to take into account that Animal Crossing is a very successful series.

Edit: http://nintendoeverything.com/a-look-at-some-alternate-costumes-in-smash-bros-3ds/ judging by the second photo, it looks like we won't get another 5. But then again this could be an in store demo.
Edit 2: After seeing the amount of characters that were left out, from the initial leak, I've come to the conclusions that its a demo.

Last edited:

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
I just noticed something odd about the roster layout, it's layered such that multi-representative games on top (with Yoshi, Wario and Game and Watch counting as Mario), then the solo games, clone quarter then guests. And Lil Mac is located with multi-representative games so there is a chance of their being another punch out representative or he could just be misplaced.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I just noticed something odd about the roster layout, it's layered such that multi-representative games on top (with Yoshi, Wario and Game and Watch counting as Mario), then the solo games, clone quarter then guests. And Lil Mac is located with multi-representative games so there is a chance of their being another punch out representative or he could just be misplaced.
Or, maybe, the position of the characters changes after you unlock another one, like in Brawl.

Notshauna

Smash Cadet
Or, maybe, the position of the characters changes after you unlock another one, like in Brawl.
Yeah but last time I checked it didn't change up the order of the list, other than additions.

EDIT: Never mind I am dumb. Disregard.

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is really the only one thats gonna make it imo. Even sakurai isnt dumb enough to add doc back and not Mewtwo.

In a perfect world we would get Mewtwo,Ridley,Dixie,K Rool and Issac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom