• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2 Days. 5 Slots (Presumably). Who will occupy them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I haven't seen a thread like this, so I thought, with 10 days left before the 3DS Japanese release, I decided now's a good time for final speculation.

This thread assumes a few things:

1. That the ESRB leaked roster is real (seems certain now).
2. That is also wasn't complete at the time of the screencap (not certain, but very likely based on what we know).
3. That there are five remaining characters the leak did not display based on the CSS and how many open spaces it has.
4. That the leak edit that suggested Mewtwo, Ridley, Chorus Men and Dixie is fake, and thus the five are totally unknown.

So the question of this thread is: who are those five?

Name the five characters you think/hope/expect/want to be in those five slots as we prepare the final 10 day countdown to knowing the full roster.

My five, since I forgot to include them originally are:

1. Wolf (need Wolf in my life)
2. Dixie (DK rep needed, Dixie is most likely option, although some would say K. Rool)
3. Ice Climbers (somehow doubt they're cut)
4. Mewtwo (don't shun the most wanted character Based Sakurai)
5. Marshal (Chorus Men seem much more complex and unnecessary when Marshal can rep the series just the same, and simpler).

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
There's still a good chance the all star pic leak was from a early build and the css pic leak was from a later build. But to stay optimistic.

Dixie
Mewtwo
Ridley
Wolf
Chorus Men

Last edited:

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming there won't be any more, as a psychological trick to keep myself from becoming incredibly depressed should that come to pass.

But nonetheless...

Marshall or Chorus Kids (I have a hard time getting excited for any other RH newcomer.)
Snake
Masked Boy (Yes, without Lucas. This is my fantasy shut up.)
Chibi-Robo
Waddle-Dee

As far as what's actually likely...

Roy
Lawyer Mario
Grey Pit
Wolf
Young Link

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ideally, I'd be content to see:

Ridley
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Chorus Kids Impa Mach Rider Something unexpected!

What's likely to appear? Honestly, I think that's as likely as anything I can conjure up. We shall wait and see nonetheless. The day of reckoning is at hand - repent, ye sinners, and let there be smash!

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Ridley seems very likely at this point now. The other four slots (assuming there truly are four left), well, I guess the rest of the Big Three are going to be in, Mewtwo at the very least. The other three? Not even gonna speculate. I like being surprised.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie (as mostly a clone of Diddy), Chorus Kids, Impa (wouldn't surprise me if they make her a clone as well.)

PlasmWraith

Smash Apprentice
It'd be nice to see a bunch of newcomers, but I'd much rather see veterans above all else. Lucas is a total clone so I don't mind seeing him gone, even though I liked him in Brawl, Wolf would be nice, since he does have a lot of differences from Fox and Falco. Mewtwo would also be alright, but I was never that much of a fan.

Overall, I would like to see:

1. Ice Climbers
2. Wolf
3. Mewtwo
4. Snake
5. Ivysaur

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Let's see.

If DK gets a 3rd rep it'll probably be Dixie Kong.
The 6th Pokemon rep which will probably be
Mewtwo.
Another Mother rep, regardless if it turns out to be
Lucas, Claus, Porky or Giegue, I think will get another one.
Ridley as the 3rd Metroid rep if it happens.
And a character from a new franchise to smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not sure if the fifth slot is being saved for Mii Fighters or not. Other than that...

1. Wolf
2. Ridley
3. Legend of Zelda representative (Impa or Toon Zelda)
4. Mewtwo

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Final Four pre-DLC expectations:

Dixie
Ice Climbers
Ridley
Lucas

DLC Pack That will come later:

Squirtle
Ivysaur
Wolf
K Rool
Hades, Impa or Snake (Or split it down the middle and have Medusa lol)

That's what I see happening/hope will happen.

No reason to cut the Ice Climbers. 3DS can handle them if it can handle Rosalina & Luma, and there's honestly no reason to cut them, really.

Also I think that the final four will take up all slots but one- Final slot will be the "DLC" slot, like Mortal Kombat 9 had, and it'll expand the additional character spots on top of the CSS.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
It truly is the final countdown. Here's my list:

Wolf
Mewtwo
Toon Zelda
Dixie Kong
Someone unexpected

Keep reading to see some of my reasoning...
Wolf: I have a feeling Wolf might still be in the game. He's the main rival in the Star Fox franchise. He was also in Star Fox 64 3D, so he hasn't technically been gone for all that long. With the Star Fox series getting a new Wii U addition sometime in the following years, and the franchise only having three playable representatives, it wouldn't make sense to cut him. He was also one of the last ones to unlock in Brawl, so suffice it to say he may be one of the last characters you unlock in Smash 4 as well.

Mewtwo: With Mewtwo being one of the most highly requested characters to appear in Smash 4 after getting cut in Melee, I don't think Dr. Mario is going to return while Mewtwo is left out. I think that enough hints have been dropped leading us, the speculators, to believe that he could indeed be in the game as unlockable. Also there were six playable Pokemon in Brawl. Something tells me that they wouldn't want to downgrade that number to five. It would definitely be a shame if they did.

Toon Zelda: Many have speculated on who our sixth Zelda series representative could be for quite a long time. I've seen countless debates on who is most likely. First it was Ghirahim for most, now it appears to be Impa. I've always seen Toon Zelda to be the most likely candidate for various different reasons. Namely Wind Waker HD for relevancy and marketability, almost being included in Brawl, Zelda's new down special, and the Phantom trophy matching the Phantom that TZ is associated with in all of the Spirit Tracks artwork. If we get a sixth playable representative for the Zelda franchise, my money is still on Toon Zelda.

Dixie Kong: The third Donkey Kong representative seems to be a never ending debate for many people. Both King K. Rool and Dixie are great choices, and I would have loved to see both of them make it in. Sadly at this point in time, it appears that we'll either get one or none. I think Dixie Kong is the one we'll more likely see if we get a third playable representative for the DK franchise. She's popular, could be easy to make, was almost included in Brawl, and she would be a good way to market Tropical Freeze. That's just the way I see it. If King K. Rool is still more likely to any of you, then I wish you the best of luck in seeing him playable.

Someone unexpected: I think that there could be one more newcomer to represent a new franchise. Perhaps it's that Rhythm Heaven representative people tend to think is possible? I believe that we still may get one more secret newcomer that would make you think to yourself, "Huh, that's a nice addition." Said newcomer wouldn't be able to drum up any hype if they were to get their own trailer, but it would be a character that would make a great secret newcomer.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
I can't decide on a list since I hate being biased on characters I like. But I'd like to see series with one or two reps get another one (not counting third party, and game series that have a representative joining the fight in Smash 4).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want Lucas and Ridley, but if I'm going to be realistic and follow the pattern of the CSS then....

1.) Dixie
2.) Wolf
3.) Mewtwo
4.) Impa
5.) Chorus Kids

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
My wants:

Snake
Ice Climbers
Mewtwo
Wolf
Lucas

In this order. I think that's it for newcomers, just want veterans to complete the game as much as possible.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Based more on what I'd like to happen:

Mewtwo
Ice Climbers
Ridley
Isaac
Chorus Men, Marshal or K Rool

Based more on what I think is still plausible taking the CSS constraints and cuts mentioned by Ninka into account:

Mewtwo
Isaac
Dixie Kong
Marshal (If they had technical difficulties with the Chorus Men)
Impa (Although I feel like her chances are exaggerated somewhat, still a clones a clone)

There's not many "obvious" possibilities left when you consider the CSS constraints (no non clone Metroid, Zelda, DK newcomers) and the cuts mentioned by Ninka. (Lucas, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake) It either means there are no more characters or we could be in for a very interesting final group of characters. (or they're all just clones...but then we'd have 7 clone newcomers so I think we're safe there)

There's a part of me that believes Sakurai would save us all the trauma of having to look at blank space.

Last edited:

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Who I want

1. K. Rool
2. Snake
3. Rhythm Heaven rep (Marshall or Chorus Kids)
4. Ice Climbers
5. Mewtwo

I don't think we'll be getting any more characters though. What we see from the leaks is the final roster.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I really do think that the following are likely, but I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much:

1. Ridley
2. Mewtwo
3. Dixie
4. Ice Climbers
5. Wolf

Regardless, I'm very much sastified with the roster we have now. Such diverse and interesting characters. I think we're going to have more viable match-ups this time around as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
In my dream world,
Chibi-Robo
Ridley
K.Rool
Isaac
Paper Mario

But in Reality I expect that we'll get 4 more of Pit's alt costumes as Clone characters and the triumphant return of Mewtwo seems possible what with Doc returnin.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember is duck hunt dog included or not?

1. Mewtwo
2. King K. Rool
3. Ridley
4. Duck Hunt Dog
5. Dixie Kong

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Who I want:
Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
Paper Mario
King K. Rool

Who they probably are:
Dixie Kong
Mewtwo
Rhythm Heaven Rep
Wolf
Someone I don't expect or Ridley

Zero-Robot

Smash Rookie
My predictions:

- Sceptile
- Mewtwo
- Wolf
- King K. Rool or Dixie Kong
- Unexpected or Ridley

kylexv

Smash Master
Want:
Ice Climbers
Wolf
Mewtwo
Dixie Kong
Ridley

Expect:
Just Chorus Men or:

Ice Climbers
Wolf
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Another Clone

koffdropz

Smash Rookie
Pink Gold Dr. Dark Pit
Dark Dr. Mario Jr
Dr. Lucina
Dark Duck Hunt
Light Pit

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
My wants, more than who I expect:

Ridley
Isaac
Paper Mario
Pichu
Snake

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ice Climbers
Lucas
Wolf
Mewtwo
DLC slot

Also, only 9 days. Time zones!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Mewtwo (please!! Dont even need to explain why he should especially if dr mariois coming back)

Ice Climbers (been around a long time and cool idea of two in one)

Wolf (villain of Star Fox)

King K Rool (villain of DK and would be a lot more unique than dixie)

Someone Unexpected (theres no way all the last 5 would be easily predictable characters)

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
I thought there was a Japanese commercial that said there was over 40 characters, so less than 51 for sure, which means at best there's 3 or maybe 4 more. That's just speculation but I'd be surprised if there's another 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom