• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1p mode scores:

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
what does the number in the [brackets] next to the highscore for each character in 1p mode mean?

can't find mention of it anywhere. its driving me nuts

many thanks.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I was wondering that for such a long time. I even google searched it, went through many webpages, and all came up with nothing. I would have said fastest time to clear the game, but I think my yoshi has a score in the hundreds... which is clearly wrong.

My best guess is its the average percent you deal in each match (which would make sense, since at one point, I tried to bring all my opponents to 999%, resulting in the large result for yoshi). But other than that, I don't know.

HiddenElf22

Smash Cadet
I was wondering that for such a long time. I even google searched it, went through many webpages, and all came up with nothing. I would have said fastest time to clear the game, but I think my yoshi has a score in the hundreds... which is clearly wrong.

My best guess is its the average percent you deal in each match (which would make sense, since at one point, I tried to bring all my opponents to 999%, resulting in the large result for yoshi). But other than that, I don't know.
I think it could be total minutes to complete.

Dont.Forget.To.Smile

Smash Rookie
I initially thought it was time also, but I just cleared my data on a 2nd cartrige to run 1p mode for all the characters again, and I got a [37] for one clear with the speed king bonus (>20 min) but [25] and [27] on clears with me running down the clocks a while and not getting the speed award.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
I think its the number of special bonuses you've got. Or deaths.
I could be wrong tho.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Can't be deaths (I have a 3-digit score with yoshi, and maybe died once).

Number of bonuses... I don't think so. Dont.Forget.To.Smile has scores of 25 and 27, and there are over 10 stages, meaning he got at most 2 or 3 per stage. He would have basically needed to try to get no bonuses to get that few.

Top Bottom