• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
The best offline player I know of Is GERM. He has a thread for a couple videos in here. Online I've never lost to another wolf. I can't go to any IRL tournies cause of where I live, but online I doubt there are any wolfs that can tear me up. I don't have any video's unfortunently cause recording device, and only video of me from someone else is from when brawl first came out and I was really nubbish. So I'm currently one of the 'elite 8' on one sight, and number 12th in the MLG league. I may not be the best wolf, but online I've yet to find an equal.

D

Deleted member

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
The character I face makes up my strat most of the time. For instance, against a good aerial Wario, you just wanna make a constant wall of bairs, since u outprioritize wario with this move, and will make almost any aerial approach by him impossible. While if yor are against a good ness, you wanna stay grounded if he is grounded, since his shop game is better than urs. while if he's in the air from a hit, u wanna chase with bairs, since he can't DI back as much and is more vulnerable to bairs.

Its all about bairs for strat purposes, but ultimately being able to read your opponent and predict his movements is what wins matchs. This is very effective with wolf since he has such a long reach with fsmash and bair, if you know where someone is going, u can almost always punish(rare cases where u can't) Other than that just learn how to keep someone on the edge, so they if they roll or jump or attack, ur able to strike em when they vulnerable.

D

Deleted member

Kenrawr

Smash Master
The best offline player I know of Is GERM. He has a thread for a couple videos in here. Online I've never lost to another wolf. I can't go to any IRL tournies cause of where I live, but online I doubt there are any wolfs that can tear me up. I don't have any video's unfortunently cause recording device, and only video of me from someone else is from when brawl first came out and I was really nubbish. So I'm currently one of the 'elite 8' on one sight, and number 12th in the MLG league. I may not be the best wolf, but online I've yet to find an equal.
Is that the only wolf you know of? o.0 jw

Candy is a VA wolf and places pretty consistently. He's also good at wolf dittos, he's 3-1 or 4-1 w/ me x] He's the best wolf imo based on his opponents.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I've watched videos of Candy and Germ and I believe I'm as good as they are. I haven't really played online too much but my friends and I are very good. The one time I did get online was with a bunch of random people and it lagged like all hell. I think my wifi would work if I played against a friend though. If anyone wants to challenge me I'd be down because I haven't played against another good wolf.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I've watched videos of Candy and Germ and I believe I'm as good as they are. I haven't really played online too much but my friends and I are very good. The one time I did get online was with a bunch of random people and it lagged like all hell. I think my wifi would work if I played against a friend though. If anyone wants to challenge me I'd be down because I haven't played against another good wolf.
Yeah, but they play vs. good people.
You can't simply compare yourself by vids.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
I play against good people to K-9. I beat the number one player in the MLG league last night. I just can't play IRL cause of my location, so I do online play.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Alright Koskinator. I'll get yours. Hopefully I don't lag like a motherf***er.

K-9, the people I play against are pretty dam good too. They're just not as well known because they don't put out videos. I'm not saying I know for sure I'd beat them, just that there are other good players out there that aren't as well known.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I play against good people to K-9. I beat the number one player in the MLG league last night. I just can't play IRL cause of my location, so I do online play.
Ah, well game play from online to offline is different imo.

You live in WV.. you should come over to VA for a tourney, it's incredibly active >_>;

Edit: Koshinator I'm not doubting you. I'm speaking from a reputation point of view though I guess.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
VA is 6 hours away K-9. Trust me I've looked nito it, nearest tournies are actually in Pittsburg, 4 hours away. Also I play on offline as well, just saying the only time i get to play top players is online. I dominate everyone around here offline.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
aww, I want in on the action T.T I'd love to fight other wolf's( tired of fighting sonic's, ike's, rob's, toon links...) expect my wifi router isn't working properly. Hopefully there will be some more wolf players at 3LT this saturday. BTW Kos, I'll have it soon( maybe after 3LT) so that way my wolf can up against yours.

D

Deleted member

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
ugh... im venezuelan, so, my internet woul lag a hell vs you...

not to brag, but i pulled the best wolf combo ive seen, got video proof, as soon as i figure how to record it with a program rather than a camera, you will see it in a combo video ill do (as soon as i understand how to record whats on my tv and which program or device i need to do it... lol i bet i sound so dumb and arrogant)... remmeber this name and well, youll see what i mean

on the other hand, my bro is almost as good with wolf as me, but definitely, best wolf user ive seen is tapion, he has just a greta control of his movements, other than that, i havent seen any combo video of any good wolf user

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I watched the two videos of Tapion on youtube I could find, and I am not at all impressed. He can do the air game alright, but nothing exceptional. I feel pretty confident I could beat him. Also I really don't plan to sit around trying to defend myself to everyone who claims to be good with wolf. I'm going to keep playing on GB, if there is some wolf that others can verify as being top notch, I'll consider a match. But, don't think I'm being arrogant or anything, just don't have time to play everyone on wolf boards you know.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Thanks for keeping the stats updated snad. But my work is done for now. You can no longer claim to have never lost a wolf ditto. ;)

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Dguy beat me, he's pretty good. just that tiny bit faster than me and made a huge difference. I'd still say we are close but he's the better atm.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Tapion's wolf is nothing special, I just like his spikes.

You can't be confident that you can beat someone until you've faced them though o_O

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Are you under a different name sandmonkey on the MLG boards? Was looking for you earlier today and seems that I couldnt find you. Ah well, your next on my list of brawls after I get my wifi back.

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
Hey kosk. Is your online name David? It should have been obvious to you that I had ridiculous button lag. My commands didn't come out until about half a second after I pressed them. I'm not often one to make excuses but even your mom could have seen that that was not a level playing field. I wish I could play you in person but that's never going to happen. I'll try to get some videos up soon of games with my friend. I can't guarantee they'll be as good as Candy's and Germ's videos but they'll sure as hell be better than that.

Captain Sa10

Smash Journeyman
Hey kosk. Is your online name David? It should have been obvious to you that I had ridiculous button lag. My commands didn't come out until about half a second after I pressed them. I'm not often one to make excuses but even your mom could have seen that that was not a level playing field. I wish I could play you in person but that's never going to happen. I'll try to get some videos up soon of games with my friend. I can't guarantee they'll be as good as Candy's and Germ's videos but they'll sure as hell be better than that.
No johnz xP

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
I've been wanting to play against one of you guys for a while now. I'll be able to play after 9PM ( Pacific Time ) on Wednesday, if that's too late, then anytime on Thursday is good as well.

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Btw my MLG team name is "snad's team" I was up to 8th, then I tried playing while playing online poker at same time, ate 3 losses for it =\. Sometimes i'm to stubborn for my own good.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
If your there white, im available right now and for the next 3 hours or so. Respond back if you want to play a bit tonight.

Edit: and to answer the main question of this thread. I'd say the following. From what I've seen and who I've played, Germ and Candy are most likely the best there are right now. With myself, Dguy, snad, Lucien and yayuhzz not far from them. Of course, this is just from personal experience playing these people. I've played everlasting wolf a bit, and we seem pretty even. Snad is a bit better than me, dguy is better than snad, me and dguy are equal, im better than lucien and Germ is a bit better than Candy. Yeah, big clusterf*** of info right there, but thats all I can tell you.

Edit Edit: Just to say so no one gets bent out of shape, I've taken this "data" from online matches. I have never played any of these people in real life.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
If your there white, im available right now and for the next 3 hours or so. Respond back if you want to play a bit tonight.

Edit: and to answer the main question of this thread. I'd say the following. From what I've seen and who I've played, Germ and Candy are most likely the best there are right now. With myself, Dguy, snad, Lucien and yayuhzz not far from them. Of course, this is just from personal experience playing these people. I've played everlasting wolf a bit, and we seem pretty even. Snad is a bit better than me, dguy is better than snad, me and dguy are equal, im better than lucien and Germ is a bit better than Candy. Yeah, big clusterf*** of info right there, but thats all I can tell you.

Edit Edit: Just to say so no one gets bent out of shape, I've taken this "data" from online matches. I have never played any of these people in real life.
Sorry for not replying earlier, but since I noticed you were online right now, let's try and play. I'll be watching this thread carefully for the next 30 minutes or so.

Kenrawr

Smash Master

Are these the best wolves? Or only the ones you have faced?

If snad 5-1'ed you, and I'm 3-1 or 4-1 with candy [his favor] where does that put me?

Insufficient evidence ftl.

Top Bottom