• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

16-man Smashboards tournament: Results and bracket in first post!!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
TOURNEY IS OFFICIALY OVER!! CONGRATZ TO SONICZEROX FOR WINNING THIS TOURNEY. I HOPE EVERYONE ENJOYED THEMSELVES ^____~ Until next time....~_~

Results:

1: SonicZeroX
2: Trey
3: Senkai
4: SamuraiPanda
5: Firestorm88
5: Smasher89
7: Roe Valentino
7: Pablo
9: MasterMatt
9: Shiri
9: Coen
9: Peachtress
13: ILoveCelebi (bye)
13: WaterTails
13: Lowradiation (bye)
13: Thomaz

Bracket:

Shot at 2007-07-25

EDIT2: God, I forgot to mention anywhere that this is a Wi-Fi tourney O___O I hope everyone understood that.

EDIT: I was originally planning to hold this at Sunday 22, but it turned out the smogon tournament will be happening at the same time, so I moved it to wednesday.

Date: Wednesday July 25th

Time: 1:20 PM Central US time = GMT -6

I live in Europe myself, where it's GMT+1, so it will be 8:20 PM when the tourney will start where I live. But since more Americans will be participating, I'm starting it at a favorable time for them. I'm hoping to run it smoothly so it will finish in at most a few hours. So:

IF YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME, DO NOT SIGN UP

Where?

In a chatroom on msn. This way we'll be able to keep track of wins and losses really easily and conversate with eachother about everything and nothing. If you don't have msn, get it :p My msn is ngcxx@hotmail.com so add me as soon as possible when you know you're in. And BE ONLINE AT THE CHOSEN TIME, SO THE TOURNEY CAN SMOOTHLY START AT 1:30 ~!!!

How many people?

I first made it limited to 8, but I'm changing it to 16 because the turnout is good ^^ It's full now ^^

TEH RULEZ

Oh yeah, the rules :cool:

First off, it's a DOUBLE ELIMINATION BRACKET. Which means you have to screw up twice to be out of the tournament. Every set will be 1 match (best of 1) for time's sake, and finals will be best of 3.

Furthermore:

~Sleep Clause: No 2 Pokemon of the same trainer can be asleep at the same time. That means if one of the players puts 2 Pokemon of the oppsoing trainer to sleep, that player will be disqualified.

~Evasion Ban: No moves like Double Team or Minimize. Ability such as Sand Veil are allowed, though.

~Species Clause: No 2 Pokemon of the same pokemon in a team. It's doesn't get much simpler.

~OHKO ban: No One-Hit KO moves. That includes Fissure, Horn Drill, Sheer Cold etc.

~You can change your team in between matches.

~All matches will be lvl 100 boosted matches. That means all of your Pokemon get an automatic boost to level 100.

~Do not disconnect. If one of the players disconnected, and a fuzz is made about it, I will judge the situation and decide whether the match will be played again, or who can be declared a winner.

Banned Pokemon (the order is random, and it's a custom made list for this tourney only):

Arceus
Manaphy
Lugia
Ho-oh
Wobbuffet
Azelf
Mewtwo
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Palkia
Dialga
Darkrai
Shaymin
Latios
Latias
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Wynaut

All other pokemon are allowed.

Signup list:

-Coen (got msn >___>)
-ILoveCelebi!!208 (got msn)
-SonicZeroX (got msn)
-Smasher89 (got msn)
-Shiri ^_^ (got msn)
-Pablo (got msn)
-SamuraiPanda (got msn)
-Trey (got msn)
-Thomaz (got msn)
-Bishonen Senkai (got msn)
-MasterMatt (got msn)
-Peachtress (got msn)
-Lowradiation
-WaterTails (got msn)
-Question the Quilava (got msn)
-Firestorm88 (got msn)

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
I'm in.

Also Wynaut should be banned for the same reason Wobb is banned.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Turns out the smogon tournament happens at th exact same time as this one. So I'll have to drop out. :/

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Amazing. I'll try to hit this up. I'm gonna get owned so bad, LOL.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good shiz Shiri ^^ teh Yoshi joins the fun ^^ you noticed the date change, right?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'll try my hand at this. I assume we're playing level 100 matches, right? (as opposed to free level matches)

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yup we are ^^ I should have had that in the rules in the first place. Thanks for reminding me, I'll add you to the list.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Yes, I noticed the date change. Actually, that's why I'm able to join, hahaha. ^_^

D

Deleted member

I don't see why Azelf is banned, it's neither uber nor largely advantageous to use over other standard pokemon.

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
Oh you changed the date? Okay I'm in.

Also, I made it to the top 8 of 64 in the Smogon tournament woot.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Go ahead and sign me up. Nothing like playing Pokemon on my day off from work. :p

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, you're all in ^^

Commonyoshi, JTB, MasterMatt, SonicZeroX, ILoveCelebi:

I NEED YOUR MSNs

Either PM it to me, post it here, say I should look at your profile or add mine: ngcxx@hotmail.com

Thanks you ^^

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Forgive me, but what's MSN? Is it anything like AIM?
Give me the link so I can register and everything because I have no idea what it is.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
JTB and Common: It's like AIM yeah. It's a Messenger program. You should go to msn.com and download MSN Messenger. From there it's really easy to set up your own account. Then log in and you're on. It's all so obvious you should be able to figure it out from there =)

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: If I have to fight Coen in the first round, I forfeit, LOL.

This kid is too good!

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yup it really is pretty random ^^ I just had so many people saying it was too good for standard and probably going to be uber.

And Shiri: lies! >_>

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry Peachtress, unless someone cancels you're not in =(

You're the first one to take a spot if someone cancels though.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
By the way, everyone should check their Timezone at worldtimezone.com . Check the time on your PC and look up that time on the world map. That's which timezones you're in. Timezones are separated by colors, as you can see.

Remember, the tourney starts at 1:30 PM CENTRAL US TIME, that's GMT -6, a green timezone. Do not forget to figure out at what time the tourney starts for you.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Peachtres can take my time. My dad has the day off on Wednesday, and it feels kinda mean to ignore hm all day and play pokemon.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I just noticed... This tourney doesn't have the item clause. I personally tried to not spam leftovers on all of my pokes, and I'm sure that in a tourney without the item clause, thats exactly what we'll be getting...

Top Bottom