• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

15min Brawl Faves

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
What are your favorite characters with which to complete the 15min brawl? I personally like Pikachu, because of his speed and that his DownB is a spammable way to remove everything closing in on you. Any other thoughts?

BackOff07

Smash Rookie
just fly under the level the whole time its effing easy and only takes about 15 minutes :)

Device

Smash Cadet
I did the jigglypuff way. Works well for Cruel Brawl too, making them chase down after you. Silly Alloys, recovery moves are for humans! ;o

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
lol, I havn't even tried 15min for some reason. But the flying under doesn't work for me. The CPU's only jump off if i'm above the edge and within striking distance. :'( They aint stupid enough

LEDrabbit

Smash Rookie
the flying under strat isn't for # of kills, its for survival. You get only a few kills but you don't take much, if any, damage.

If you're trying to finish it while getting as many kills as possible... good luck. i dont know if its worth the time lol.

I AM curious about the record kill count is... of someone who finished the 15 minutes.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
I used Samus. There's some sort of spawning glitch that can sometimes leave you with a green alloy with no one else spawning. I waited until that happened then just avoided him. Of course, 4-5 minutes to go, he hugged a bobomb until it exploded, leaving me to deal with the rest, but I did.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
i was kirby and i killed 27 and then theres only 2 alloys to fight and then i dodged for 15 minutes

bnestman

Smash Cadet
I just used toon link, didnt really need a strategy just kept jumping and using aerials.

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
I managed to get over 500KOs with Marth... before dying with 1min 30sec left. >_<

Needless to say, I used a Golden Hammer on that particular challenge after that out of frustration, but I plan on completing it with Marth sometime soon.

~Old Man Nintendo

Harbl

Smash Rookie
i'm gonna have to agree with everyone who used the fan. it's amazing and it doesn't even matter what character you use. i beat it without killing anyone. lol

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I'm surprised how nobody mentioned lucario yet.....

skips

Smash Rookie
2 Lucarios

My friend and I both used Lucario and went to the top platform, back to back. We then just used aura sphere (holding the charge) and eventually all four alloys got stuck in our double sphere. You can just sit there and watch or do something else. Oh, and co-op counts for this challenge.

Edit: If a bob-omb spawns on your platform, you'll just have to get back in your formation I guess. It never happened in any of my attempts though, (I stayed on the top platform, maybe that's why?)

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I used the same strategy from Melee (except with Lucario instead of Mewtwo). Pick Lucario & go stand by the edge of the stage. Face away from the stage & charge up Aura Sphere. The sphere acts as a shield so you can just stand there with it fully charged & it will keep the alloys away from you. Occasionally, one of them might manage to hit you through the sphere. If that happens, just shoot off the sphere to kill any alloys around & then charge up another one. Works pretty well; most of the time you'll just be watching them bounce off the sphere.

Hunter_R

Smash Cadet
Assuming that you don't care about kills, Metaknight worked really well for me. I just sat there and held A. I'd get hit a few times, but there was never any danger of losing.

Flow Wolf

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I both used Lucario and went to the top platform, back to back. We then just used aura sphere (holding the charge) and eventually all four alloys got stuck in our double sphere. You can just sit there and watch or do something else. Oh, and co-op counts for this challenge.
That is quite awesome

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I just beat it today as Kirby. I had one Green Alloy floating around after me as I just dodged him for about 13 minutes. Because I didn't attack it gave me some time to count what items got dropped... five bob-ombs, two smart-bombs and two blast boxes. And to think that they kept spawning right on top of me...if I had been attacking I would've been destroyed XD

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
I am using the jigglypuff method, but everytimea bomb happens to stand on the ledge, or the alloy decide to kick a smart bomb.

KamiNathan

Smash Rookie
Mmm I never thought of not attacking in multi-man brawl before. I beat 11 alloys in cruel brawl with the lure strategy using Jigglypuff. I'm going to try that now in 15 minute brawl.

-edit
Sorry lycrof I didn't see your post. I hope I can avoid bombs by going above and below the stage...

lycrof

Smash Apprentice
Mmm I never thought of not attacking in multi-man brawl before. I beat 11 alloys in cruel brawl with the lure strategy using Jigglypuff. I'm going to try that now in 15 minute brawl.

-edit
Sorry lycrof I didn't see your post. I hope I can avoid bombs by going above and below the stage...
It is more due to my failure to pay attention to the items on the level. My mind starts to wander after a while. You should do fine if you focus more than i do.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I use Bowser because it takes me about 340% damage before dying. I just killed them and killed them, and I would have gotten 300 kills (and lived) with Bowser if it wasnt for stupid Toon Link.

Sometimes I use metaknight, since his Up-air is an instant kill on the alloys, and its spammed quickly. Got about 300 before the 5-minute line came in and then i died cause
of a bob-omb.

Then I used Bowser again with the 2-alloys, barely made it with 313%

I suppose Cowering is the way to win. The reward is a Green Alloy trophy.
I just hate those Bombs that appear in the arena, which usually keeps me from succeeding.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
pikachu is amazing. I just smam uair, dair, dsmash, and thunder. If you stand below one of the lower platforms and use thunder, you can hit the alloys standing below the platform even though the thunder stops at the the platform, they're too tall! Anyway, I was using pikachu like this earlier today, had 300+ kills and 17 seconds left... Then a bomb spawned on me. Needless to say I was really angry and haven't played 15 min melee since...

D

Deleted member

I basically just sat there with Pit... grabbed the ledge, drop, jump, arrow, regrab ledge, and get better at ledge arrowing lol... If you're looking to just make it, pick a faster character and hope you get only 1 alloy on the field at any time... then run away so they don't die and they don't kill you...

Did it earlier this morning, actually lol... only like 20 challenges left now (stupid All characters bs)

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Does Donkey Kong's down b still work with this? Or are the opponents a lot smarter?

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
I... can't beat it.
Me and a friend used Pikachu and DK... killed 541 alloys in 10 minutes then died.

Top Bottom