• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/21 Impact Clash V - The Revenge (ATL, GA)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
BEFORE ANYBODY ASKS, I COPIED THIS FROM SRK. IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, ASK Impact Clash (read: Magnicious)

Impact Clash V will be the first Tekken 6 tournament in the south. It's back in the "A" and the venue is airport friendly. Free shuttle to and from the airport, and it's marta assessable, and under new management. There will not be a repeat of past Impact's problems at this tournament. Magnicious and myself have come together to host this tournament in an organized and timely fashion. As for the venue, the name of this hotel is the Clarion Hotel Atlanta Airport. Rooms for event have been cut down from 129 a night to 79 a night, but only for the impact tournament players. For those who do not know who i am, I'm Pokchop, one of the top Tekken players in the "A". For those WHO want some REVENGE from THEIR HUMILIATING DEFEAT at Final Round, now is the time to challenge the "A". You want some, come get your stomach filled shawty.

important note, venue change *AGAIN*
Venue:
Georgia World Congress Center
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

Rooms:
$79 a night
Must call and say you are apart of the impact clash tournament

Door Fee:
$10

Equipment Waivers:
Equipment waivers will be as follows:
full set up meaning tv and system, free entry
system only, half off.
systems will be needed a lot. We do not want another impact clash IV mistake of lacking systems

Time:
The registration will start approximately at 11:15 and end at approximately 1:15 exactly. Anything after 1:15 there will be a $5 late fee which will be added to the pot of each game that person enters. The tournament starts at 1:30 exactly, so please be on time. No late registration after 1:45. The brackets will be made and no more buy ins will be accepted.

Rules: ALL GAMES
All games will be $10 entrance fee and $5 for a late fee if late.

Double Elimination
Standard tournament rounds (3 for 3D, 2 for 2D)
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/teams

Games:

Tekken 6 BR (My Favorite
)
PS3

Street Fighter IV (All Chracters are allowed)
PS3

Blaze Blue
PS3

Marvel Capcom 2
Dreamcast
You may not use any glitch that prevent the game from being played. This includes game freezing, game resetting, player freezing, etc.
Deadbody infinites are allowed to gain a positional advantage, but not to delay the game. Button switching during the loading screen is allowed (e.g. Holding ASSIST 1 to switch your first assist with the point).
You may not use the same character twice on one team.

Street Fighter HD or Classic
TBA
A pole will be taken

Smash Brothers: Melee
General Tournament Rules

4 Stock, 8 minute time limit for both singles and doubles

Games are best of 3, Finals will be best of 5.

Pools will be done first if neccessary, followed by brackets. Both singles and doubles will be DOUBLE ELIMINATION.

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: I dont think this should be a problem anyways.

In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at MY discretion.

Any sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

The stage for Game 1 will be selected at random unless both players/teams can agree on one.

Double Blind Rule: For the first game of a series, a player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players must tell a judge the character they will use for that game. Each player is required to use that character in the game.

Singles random select stages:
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dreamland 64, & Pokemon Stadium

Doubles random select stages:
Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 & Pokemon Stadium

Stages not listed on the random select list that are not banned are open for counter picks by the losing player.

Stages banned for Doubles Only:
Fountain of Dreams and Mute City.

Stages banned for Singles & Doubles:
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Green Greens.

WOBBLING IS BANNED

After characters have been selected for the first game, each player/team may choose one stage from the available tournament list that won’t be used during the series.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect. (The loser/counterpicking player may NOT choose to counterpick the stage they last won on in the set.)

After each game of a series, the player who lost the previous game may choose the stage for the next game or elect for it to be chosen randomly. After the stage has been selected, the winner of the previous game may change characters. After the winner has chosen their character, the loser of the previous game may change characters.

Smash Brothers: Brawl
WII
Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

King of Fighters XII:
PS3

Soulcalibur IV
PS3

1 on 1 government ($1.00)
PS1
2 out of 3 matches
Winner keeps same character
Angel Character (a.k.a. Devil Jin) is banned

Equipement waivers will be as follows:
full set up meaning tv and system, free entry
system only, half off.
systems will be needed a lot. We do not want another impact clash IV mistake of lacking systems

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see everyone here this November! In the meantime don't forget about Atlanta Revival monthlies.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha ha ha, appreciate it. Yeah, this will be the final venue change. Hopefully having a venue that is bus/train accessible will be very convenient for people. Don't forget about our monthlies we also hold at the Georgia World Congress center.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Tekken 6 eh..?

The day after my Birthday..

The only thing that would stop me from attending is family.

With most Tekken tournaments I always proclaim I'm coming to win, but Tekken 6 is a new kind of animal, I don't know if my 5:DR skills will hold through.

Maybe I could convince Frank Battle to come up and play in that SF4 tournament too. We'll see.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I'm probably going to get drug up there for SF4, probably will get conned into SC4 if I have the money.

BUT ALL THAT DONT MATTER CAUSE THERE'S GUNNA BE MORE OF THAT ONE-ON-ONE GOVERNMENT BABY!!

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I'm probably going to get drug up there for SF4, probably will get conned into SC4 if I have the money.

BUT ALL THAT DONT MATTER CAUSE THERE'S GUNNA BE MORE OF THAT ONE-ON-ONE GOVERNMENT BABY!!

One on one government. **** I need to start practicin

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
no melee, no guilty gear?

no thanks.

I hope the tourney is a good one, though. good luck to all

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Tekken 6 eh..?

The day after my Birthday..

The only thing that would stop me from attending is family.

With most Tekken tournaments I always proclaim I'm coming to win, but Tekken 6 is a new kind of animal, I don't know if my 5:DR skills will hold through.

Maybe I could convince Frank Battle to come up and play in that SF4 tournament too. We'll see.
id definitely be down to tag along

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
no melee, no guilty gear?

no thanks.

I hope the tourney is a good one, though. good luck to all
No melee? No thanks.
Though I know its our own community's fault for not showing up at the previous IC's.
Melee wasn't included because there is suppose to be a huge Melee North Carolina tournament so I did not put in it the roster. If people would still like to have it then I do not mind adding it. Guilty Gear is a side tournament now and not on the official roster. Blazblue has basically replaced it even though I know both games are way different. I really didn't think anyone was going to come for Melee due to the fact that there was that huge tournament going on. If you guys want it I will definitely add it back. :)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Wow. . . .hmmm now I can't find it. I guess there's no reason Melee shouldn't be added then. :) Does anyone have any copies they are willing to bring? I can go ahead and add it up.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Why is the only tourney that is less than 2 miles away from me only have Brawl? C'mon ATL Melee players, step your game up! :urg:

I will gladly bring a setup.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
because you live in downtown atlanta.

bARLW is the future!

i don't think this clashes (lol pun) with any major melee tournaments, but i can't imagine that the turnout on such short notice would exceed 40 people.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, well it is official we will have Melee once again. Whenever Dogysamich sees this he can add it to the roster. Make sure you guys bring a setup or two so we can have it done.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i have to buy a ps3 fightpad soon. all these ps3 only tourneys are pissing me off

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately PS3 is the standard for fighting game tournaments. Since practically every major does it that way to keep things uniformed it's done that way.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm 1 on 1 government may not be at IC5 because I don't have a copy of the game and I don't know who it was who provided the copy at IC4. I do know that it is on PS1 and a player bought the game in. The only way I know of running it is through Mame.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh, I'll update the OP later today.

Mag, what rules are you running for melee or do you not really know/care too much as long as we get it done this time around? :laugh:

__

AND WTF DO YOU MEAN THERE MIGHT NOT BE 1-ON-1 GOVERNMENT?! THAT'S THE IC MAIN EVENT MAN

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the PS1 version is not hte same as the arcade version.
if no one can locate a MAME port, i do have the ps1 iso i could emulate.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
****. Lots of bad luck that this is being held at the same time as Waba Monthly. My attendance will be in the air.
I thought Waba's Combo Breaker was the 28th. If not, then I am sorry for the conflict. :(

Oh, I'll update the OP later today.

Mag, what rules are you running for melee or do you not really know/care too much as long as we get it done this time around? :laugh:

__

AND WTF DO YOU MEAN THERE MIGHT NOT BE 1-ON-1 GOVERNMENT?! THAT'S THE IC MAIN EVENT MAN
I don't have the MAME system to run it on at this tournament. However, Marty said his friend would have the PS1 version. Although I would prefer the MAME version. :(

the PS1 version is not hte same as the arcade version.
if no one can locate a MAME port, i do have the ps1 iso i could emulate.
That would be great! What kind of equipment would you need to run it with also with what controls would people play with? I don't know of anyone who has an X-Arcade stick. Like at the previous ICs. Let me know the full details of what you could do to ensure that game is ran and we'll make sure to do it.

$10 door fee for IC put that OK in my book
Yeah, much better than $20, lol!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I gotta random question that im going to throw out there, if 1 system is half off, would 2 get me free?

If I can find a TV to hook it up to then yeah. However, the one person who brings a copy of Guitar Hero 5 and an Xbox 360 I'll waive their door fee. I really need it because my brother wants to host a guitar hero tournament. I don't care if it is modded or the real thing.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
The Waba weekly or the Waba monthly was moved? I knew nothing of this. Anyhow, either way Smash will be at the tournament. :) Just remember 1 on 1 Government will be on PS1 so make sure to bring a PS1 compatible controller or be prepared to ask someone to borrow theirs, lol.

Rayku

Smash Lord
The Waba weekly or the Waba monthly was moved? I knew nothing of this. Anyhow, either way Smash will be at the tournament. :) Just remember 1 on 1 Government will be on PS1 so make sure to bring a PS1 compatible controller or be prepared to ask someone to borrow theirs, lol.
More people should come to this because of that. I probably won't be able to go, but I'll definitely remind people about this.

Top Bottom