• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% spinshot, zero failures. easy as junk.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
please flame me if im a noob. but here it is. i have had 100% success, and its so easy.

1. Jump
2. Press down B (only press B one time)
3. Make sure you hold down on the directional stick.
4. Press the c-stick in any direction OTHER THAN DOWN

you should do a perfect spin shot in the direction that you were facing if done correctly.

if you press down on the c stick, you will jump straight up and out of the spin charge.

if this is executed on the ground, you do an immidate jumping spin dash off the ground.

I trieed to do the same thing with side b, and it didnt work only because letting go of B (to hit the c stick) releases the spin dash. but if done fast enuff, it can be done the same way with side b as well.

*flame welcome*.lol

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
You made two threads about this.

And what makes Spinshot hard to even begin with?

Just tryed your way of doing very easy, and I praise because this will help newcomers. Good job.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it's been brought up before, but I don't think TwinkleToes' thread has ever updated the C-stick method into spinshot.

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
well the spinshot is tuff for me... I tryed the side b even in 1/4 speed and still couldent get it... then ever other match I do it by mistake... it sucks ;_;

at least I have my infinite run

R4ZE

Smash Ace
does this method help you at all with spin shotting? I nevere used to use spintshot because i didnt see the use of it, expecially that even really good players only pulled it off 90% of the time... but now that i have this technique, i plan on incorperating it into my game and seeing how it works.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
^It's a lot more useful for positioning than you'd think. Mostly because people are more prone to doing laggy/punishable attacks/charge-ups when you're a good distance away from them in the air. It won't work when spammed because people will learn to factor spin-shotting into their spacing, but it can still be used to catch the unprepared off guard.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
idk... i messed around with the side b method a lot before, and it was just hard to get it 100%. and ... it was like stutter step smashing for me...

this is just easier imo... more reliable?

Tenki

Smash Hero
PS R4ZE

imo I suck more with this one while recovering cause it makes me fast fall before I shoot xD

also, secret easy way to do stutter step:
[face opposite direction] > [C-stick in opposite direction]

>_> really.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
i used to use this a lot because it's more guaranteed than the Spindash version but with the limitation of not being able to turn around. I've stopped using this version because of that and use the spindash one for almost everything. I don't use the jump button though, I just slide from B to A.

El Frosty

Smash Rookie
hmm... im not mentioning the fact i mentioned this " easy" method of spinshotting in my own misinformed post a few days ago... nopesuree.

it actually follows the same guidelines as the normal SDJ, 7% fixed damage, KO's over 250% can use any air attack, spring, homing attack and airdodge out of it, also, jabbing up as well as down will result in you going straight up into a SDJ.

works for both downB and sideB too, you just need a bit more dexterity for the sideB version, since you cant let go of side or B to jab your C-Stick

i actually use this one for recovery a lot, seeing as sideB seems all too often to refuse to break for me, and i miss the ledge :-s

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i took 15 minutes adn dedicated myself to spinshotting and i get it about 95% with side b now. its not too hard to get consistently, but you have to find a system that works for your timing.

also down b spinshoting is great because it has a hit box, i see myself using this for many combos in the future

R4ZE

Smash Ace
the worst draw back to down b spin shotting is that u cant change direction imo....

but now that i know a forward/backward c stick from either side-b or down b (while charging) = spin shot... i'm able to spin shot with either pretty easily... it just sucks that u have to hold you finger on b, and slide the rest of your hand to the c-stick to spin shot using side-b..

Personlly, im glad i found this tho... i started using the Down-b spin shot to shoot over enemies heads and bair them in in the back as i come down, its a pretty cool approach, rediculous range, and fast too... plus bair *****. and if they dodge the bair, i can do a fsmash. =)

Tenki

Smash Hero
i took 15 minutes adn dedicated myself to spinshotting and i get it about 95% with side b now. its not too hard to get consistently, but you have to find a system that works for your timing.

also down b spinshoting is great because it has a hit box, i see myself using this for many combos in the future
down-B spinshots don't have attack boxes.

=/

if you're jumping out of a grounded down-B then you're just doing a spindash jump.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
down b spinshottng does have a hitbox... it keeps the spincharge aura and everything.

maybe youre not doing it right.... down b any charge and while holding down hit up on the c stick.
i use spinshott to forward air to punish airial approaches

Tenki

Smash Hero
down b spinshottng does have a hitbox... it keeps the spincharge aura and everything.

maybe youre not doing it right.... down b any charge and while holding down hit up on the c stick.
i use spinshott to forward air to punish airial approaches
That's just a spindash jump

charge an ASC and while charging, hit side on the C-stick and bam, easy spinshot.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
hmm a "spin shot" what do u mean I read the thread and everything. Is it like a vertical spin charge jump?

Tenki

Smash Hero
no. it's like an instant double jump that moves as fast as your run speed.

miCKi

Smash Apprentice
ahh that thing i do that instead of double jumping to up air.

I do it with A fine tho guess its just me..., ._.;

I never knew the name I'd say the aerial canceled spin charge...but yalls name is shorter I like it better =]

Top Bottom