• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[10/12] NewCrewClash, Seasons Beatings 3 PREP - Kansas City, MO

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
With our scene slowly building up with the release of Soul Caliber 4, we're hosting a local crew get together for all comers to play in the first local SC4 feature event. In addition, there will be other games to play, in preparation for Season's Beatings 3 in Ohio.

LINK TO FLYER

Date: Sunday, October 12th
Overland Park, KS 66221

Start Time: 1 PM
Venue Fee: $5.00 (1 time charge for all events, once venue is paid for, all excess funds will be distributed to the pots depending on interest for each event. Biggest events will receive biggest percentage from the leftovers. )

We will NEED TV's and consoles for this event. PLEASE bring what you can. Bring your own controllers and converters. If you bring a TV or a console, and we use it for the tournament, you will get a $5.00 discount on venue fee. If you bring both and we use it, the entry fee will be waived completely.

Featured Events:

Soul Caliber 4 (PS3)
Entry: $10.00
3/5 Rounds, 2/3 matches, Double Elimination
Pot Split 70/20/10
Custom Characters are banned
Darth Vader and Algol will be allowed to be chosen depending on the opponent agreeing to it.

Tekken 5 DR
Entry : $10.00
3/5 Rounds, 2/3 matches, Double Elimination
Pot Split 70/20/10
Jinpachi is banned

Other Events:

Guilty Gear X2 : Accent Core
2/3 Rounds, 2/3 matches, Double Elimination
Pot Split 70/20/10

Super Smash Bros Brawl
3 Stock matches, items are banned, Random stages will be set for tournament standard, Stage Counterpicking is allowed for the match loser.
Pot Split 70/20/10

Other games that will be on hand, tournaments depend on interest:

Capcom VS SNK 2
Street Fighter 3 : Third Strike
Melty Blood : Act Cadenza
Super Puzzle Fighter

Winner keeps character for all games, loser can choose another character.

Hope to see some new faces.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Are you going by the SBR rule-set for Brawl? If so, what's the stage list?

Also, is there any way possible way for you to change the date of this from Sunday to Saturday Oct 11? It'll be much more convenient for those driving to this from out-of-town and that have classes the following Monday.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
ok quick question....it says $10 venue and then it says $10 for the brawl tournament...does that mean that you have to pay a total of 20 to play in the brawl tournament?

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Sorry affinity we can't change the date. The other person running the tourney has to work that Saturday but I'll see if I can get it changed so everyone can attend.

Chaos the $10 is for the whole venue in general. That is allow u to compete in any of the game tournaments available.

Knives I'll make sure I put out some more info ASAP. I've been pretty busy lately (I turned 21 last week & I've been in a nonstop party mood since) so I'll get on all that now.

And guys make sure to bring your friends to. There is gonna be alot more than Brawl!!

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Ok, the venue fee has been changed to $5.00. The date and location are set, and there is a link to the flyer on the top of the page. Hope to see everyone on the 12th!

Karmacide

Smash Lord
There doesn't seem to be very much hype for this one... what kind of turnout are you expecting? I was thinking of coming to play brawl, Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur.

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Yo man, this is AxioM posting: Andy, we'd love to have you out to this. The turnout will depend on local interest I'm guessing. We're posting flyers around KC for it, so it will be purely random. At least 20 though.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Thanks for teh answerzorz.

So yeah to clarify, Raider did tell me that there WILL be a teams tourney for all of you who are wondering.

Raiderwarlord99

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros Brawl 16 man bracket

1st - 8Bit (Kirby)
2nd - Jace (Falco)
3rd - Fino (Olimar)
4th - Duck (ROB)
5th - Smakula (Snake)
5th - ArkiveZero (Link)

Good **** guys. Thanks for coming out. Would have liked to see a bigger turnout, but you can't win them all I guess. Fino, I gave your money to Duck. I'm sorry I wasn't more positive when you asked me, but I was in a grand finals match playing for my money when you asked me for yours. You understand.

-Axiom

Top Bottom