• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice
If anything sometime after 12pm [in Japan] on the 22nd Sakurai will be updating the site.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I didn't know I had this much hype left in me for Brawl. I got so hyped when the trailer hit last May at the announcement. I was just watching it over and over and porign over the little bit of information we had constantly, then I hibernated until now--even Nintendo World Trailer didn't get me that interested until I saw the countdown--I guess my mine figured there's too much time left before release to get hyped, it would make the wait too excrutiating.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Man, waiting for this news is killing me. I have been trying to kill the time by:

1. Studying
2. Beating Kid Icarus
3. Beating Super Mario Bros.
4. Getting through a large portion of Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

I do not know how much more I can take!!!!! :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
WHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I just realized that I don't have to go to work tommorow! Monday is Victoria Day here in Canada - meaning there will be no schools or bussinesses open. Victoria Day is when we Canadians celibrate our choosing to live under the opressive thumb of the Bristish monarchy rather than join our American cousins in revolt.

That whole Amercian Revolution thing seems like a pretty bad decision now, eh Yanks? While you saps are working at school or work, I'll be kicking back and watching the new trailer (assuming it is a trailer).

Three cheers for living in a Constiutional Monarchy!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
wha.... @_@'
Ya, I typed/thought the wrong thing, but that is why I edited it...;)

@ NES N00b
1.I'll never do that...:laugh:
2.I'm nowhere near beating Kid Icarus, but that game is still awsome! :ohwell:
3.Already beat SMB 2&3, the original doesn't like me! Dying right at the last Bowser sucks, especially if you are 5! :mad:
4.Beat it like 2 years ago...twice...

^^^^ All friggen awsome games I might add!

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
@Wiseguy

The only downfall is that you have to live in Canada!

I'm a part-time worker and I'm not scheduled until wednesday. Nothing for me to do tomorrow anyway.

NES n00b

Smash Master
@Johnknight1

Congratulations, You are the first person to ever respond to anything I have posted. :laugh:

Now, I cannot even concentrate on studying now. With the delay (if it can be called that) of news till late tomorrow night, I for some reason even am more impatient. Gaaahhh, when is news comming?????!!!?? (do not say tomorrow at 10 PM central time :psycho:)

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
I only have one class tomorrow, but a paper to write. Sucks. I've been trying to get it on paper all weekend while alternating between the boards and the essay, but Poe's crappy writing is not helping me.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Look at my post above both of your posts. :(
Anyways, just be calm (unlike me) and you will be fine.

On the topic of the site being revamped, I want to see if Lugi's moveset will stay the same because I love that moveset to death. Please do not change it too much Sakurai.

Flyingsheep

Smash Rookie
That's because it hasn't reached midnight in Japan yet. The current time over there as of this post is 1:05 PM. You're going to have to wait 11 more hours, and that is if the site is launched on the dot. Some seem to think it won't, but we will see.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1

Congratulations, You are the first person to ever respond to anything I have posted. :laugh:

Now, I cannot even concentrate on studying now. With the delay (if it can be called that) of news till late tomorrow night, I for some reason even am more impatient. Gaaahhh, when is news comming?????!!!?? (do not say tomorrow at 10 PM central time :psycho:)
You are welcome! :laugh: :) ;) All those games are sick.

Originally Posted by kaid
You're welcome.

If I get up early enough (West coast FTL) I'm going to do it again with the Dawn of the Final Day.
That was friggen awsome, even better than I did it. I'm excited, and now watch these 10 miinutes fly cuz that was awsome!

Originally Posted by Wiseguy

I just realized that I don't have to go to work tommorow! Monday is Victoria Day here in Canada - meaning there will be no schools or bussinesses open. Victoria Day is when we Canadians celibrate our choosing to live under the opressive thumb of the Bristish monarchy rather than join our American cousins in revolt.

That whole Amercian Revolution thing seems like a pretty bad decision now, eh Yanks? While you saps are working at school or work, I'll be kicking back and watching the new trailer (assuming it is a trailer).

Three cheers for living in a Constiutional Monarchy
Hip Hip Horray! (even if I'm American) Lucky you, but fortunately most of us will be out of school/work! ;) I'm pretty sure it's a trailer, so Smash trailer for all, or at least all the users on the SWF! :) :cool: ;)

I

i8waffles612

wow I am back from the graduation party... and i remeber before there were like 1400 posts in here and now it is about 1700

NES n00b

Smash Master
@rm88 Why did I not get a hello from you? :(

To Johnkight1, You sure are friendly aren't you? I hope to get all the roms you said you were playing a couple of pages back. I have been looking for them for awhile and yes those games I played are great. Also, your avatar is not working or something.

I hope that the site is able to come back up when I am awake (I cannot stay up all night, I got to go to my May Intersession class at Ole Miss :urg: ).

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Welcome, NES n00b >_< Sorry, I just read "Posts: 1" and I felt like saying welcome to Flyingsheep.

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
They should start changing the thread name counting down by hours now.

Oh, and has anyone noticed this? In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube, in chapter III, you fight to the top of the Glitz Pit rankings. After the chapter is completed, you can return, but must restart the entire career, because your records were lost. The difference is, Jolene (Grubba's former assistant) is now the referee, instead of the "late" Grubba. Right before each match, after the introductions to the contestants had been made, Grubba would say, "Get ready to - BAAAAAAATTLE!" Now here's the thing: Jolene, instead, says "Get ready to- BRAAAAAWL!" I was watching my sister play recently, and only just realized this coincidence. But it did bring to mind that she resembls the would-be commentator in Brawl. "Super Smash Brothers BRAAAAAAAWLLLLLLL!!!" It couldn't have been foreshadowing...-could it?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

Three cheers for living in a Constiutional Monarchy!
@Wiseguy

The only downfall is that you have to live in Canada!

I'm a part-time worker and I'm not scheduled until wednesday. Nothing for me to do tomorrow anyway.
True enough. But once you get used to the six months of darkness, living in an igloo and hunting penguins to survive its not half bad.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
They should start changing the thread name counting down by hours now.

Oh, and has anyone noticed this? In Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube, in chapter III, you fight to the top of the Glitz Pit rankings. After the chapter is completed, you can return, but must restart the entire career, because your records were lost. The difference is, Jolene (Grubba's former assistant) is now the referee, instead of the "late" Grubba. Right before each match, after the introductions to the contestants had been made, Grubba would say, "Get ready to - BAAAAAAATTLE!" Now here's the thing: Jolene, instead, says "Get ready to- BRAAAAAWL!" I was watching my sister play recently, and only just realized this coincidence. But it did bring to mind that she resembls the would-be commentator in Brawl. "Super Smash Brothers BRAAAAAAAWLLLLLLL!!!" It couldn't have been foreshadowing...-could it?
I noticed that too. TTYD rules.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^Destiny Smasher^^^

Not sure what type of math you're using...

I have less then 12 hours here. 30 minutes makes it 12, then 10 more...

10 hours and 21 minutes left.

[Edit:]

My God you people post quickly.

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
^^^Destiny Smasher^^^

I think it's to do with the fact that it probably won't update on the dot like the day-to-day countdown. ARRGGGGGGHHHHHH, suspense. :dizzy: :psycho: :dizzy:

Black/Light

Smash Master
1,513 posts...

Sakurai sure knows how to hype up his fans
^^^Destiny Smasher^^^

I was at this thread no more than a few hours ago and it jumped up 15 pages. . .

(Agrees with your time)

WiLD BOris

Smash Ace
About 10 hours now for my time. Should be the same for everyone if you have an account. As I believe you set up your time zone when you create an account. Unless you're STOOP A ROOP.

I sure hope the site doesnt crash =/

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
THE DOOMSDAY IS IN 4 HOURS!
YES IT WILL BE 6 IN 4 HOURS IF YOU LIFE IN JAPAN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DOOOOOOOOOOMDAY!
doomsday-doomsday-doomsday-doomsday-, you know what you do when you take off every zig,doomsday-doomsday-doomsday-doomsday-,you what you do when you take off every zig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom