• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1.06 Patch Notes

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
I'm not noticing anything different about her. I think she slipped by this update completely unchanged.

BatShark

Smash Apprentice
Because I'm unable to confirm/disconfirm unsubstantiated claims at the moment, but I hear stun duration on charged paralyzer might have been reduced, potentially significantly? Anyone able to look into this?

Muffin!

Smash Apprentice
I only played a few FG matches since the patch, but it seemed to me like dsmash came out a bit quicker. Probably placebo though.

Shadow23

Smash Cadet
NNID
OmegaShadow23
3DS FC
1091-8017-0832
I noticed the knockback of the up tilt and up air have been significantly reduced. Goodbye reliable kill moves. On the brighter side, her end lag on her side b has been decreased. Also down smash comes faster since 2 uncharged shots hits opponent twice unlike before where it only hits once. Update so far seems to be the end for us mains.

Last edited:

check_mate

Smash Rookie
Tested and confirmed changes:
  • Dash attack nerfed from 10% to 8%. This was one of her better approaches. Now it does less damage.
  • Ftilt buffed from 6% to 7%. Almost negligible as ftilt is unsafe on sheild and is hardly ever used when her jab is a better tool to get them off you.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
  • Dash attack nerfed from 10% to 8%. This was one of her better approaches. Now it does less damage.
  • Ftilt buffed from 6% to 7%. Almost negligible as ftilt is unsafe on sheild and is hardly ever used when her jab is a better tool to get them off you.
Uh no on ftilt it always did 7% if you hit it right and dash attack was definitly not a good appraoch, tons of endlag. Also ftilt is safe on sheild with proper spacing and has tons more range than jab.

The placebo effect is strong in this thread utilt and uair have the same kb.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
DeLux's Patch Notes:
ZSS buffed from extremely unviable to slightly unviable. CONFIRMED

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
DeLux's Patch Notes:
ZSS buffed from extremely unviable to slightly unviable. CONFIRMED
Your posts emit a certain amount of salt recently, are you this?

Anyway, she is completely unchanged.

DeLux

Now I'm not saying there is a group of innovative ZSS minds called the Zilluminati that congregates on facebook to discuss ZSS in secret. Even if such a group existed and I were involved with it, I wouldn't confirm it's existence. But I imagine if such a group existed, they would turn into a super negative cess pool of complaining how bad the character is. I'm not 100% positive it would turn out that way, but if a group like that existed (not saying it does), but I think that's how it may or may not turn out.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Sounds like 4chans video games board with the difference that /v/ doesn't know **** about smash.
I bet that's what every single group like that would turn out if you reach a certain skill level.

tonyz723

Smash Rookie
EVERYTHING you just said is untrue, from the ideas behind her metagame to the percentage values.

I just went in and checked damage percetages, comparing an pre-patch 3DS and a post patch WiiU, no damage values have been changed that I was able to notice. ZSS remains the same.

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I have no idea what you are saying.
You have played against enough good people to notice flaws more than others do.
Just remember that when you think and talk negative you will also play negative.

DeLux

I know the meaning of fear. I just have enough pride to not let that show or die trying.

In that way Diddy getting nerfed is a huge blessing. It means I have to ride or die with ZSS. Doesn't mean I think it's a good strategy. It's just a sort of all in or all out not trading my passion for glory kind of scrubbiness.

I may a scrub, but I'm going to be a scrub that fails greatly.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I know the meaning of fear. I just have enough pride to not let that show or die trying.

In that way Diddy getting nerfed is a huge blessing. It means I have to ride or die with ZSS. Doesn't mean I think it's a good strategy. It's just a sort of all in or all out not trading my passion for glory kind of scrubbiness.

I may a scrub, but I'm going to be a scrub that fails greatly.
I'll be there watching you.
Remember that you are a motivation for a lot of people here, including myself.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Zero Suit Samus? A bad character? Okay...

Anyways, from what I can tell her grab and side special have had ending lag reductions, and that's awesome. Other than that, I don't feel much different, other that the small percentage buffs/nerfs. I feel pretty happy with this patch for Zero Suit Samus, so she firmly remains in my top 10 :D

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Zero Suit Samus? A bad character? Okay...

Anyways, from what I can tell her grab and side special have had ending lag reductions, and that's awesome. Other than that, I don't feel much different, other that the small percentage buffs/nerfs. I feel pretty happy with this patch for Zero Suit Samus, so she firmly remains in my top 10 :D
Again, no changes. Confirmed, no changes. At all.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
Yeah. Me and a friend of mine both play ZSS and we agree that she feels the same.

Tumultus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheTumultus
People honestly need to stop with the whole "x move feels better!" So many things on the patch notes stickied thread had to be debunked over and over because people endlessly claim things they haven't verified.

Last edited:

DeLux

has anyone checked to see if BK has RCO or not?

I still haven't downloaded the patch lol

Dflowen

Cammy vs Samus
NNID
Dexterino007
For ZSS patches don't mean nothing. I play her all day everyday and nothing is different (well next to my 2nd main WFT and 3rd/4th MarCina). I'll D-Throw to Cannon Spike (Up B) or Up Air or F Air, Tiger Knee (Dash Attack) to Pistol Whip 3 Hitter and DSmash to Viper Close HK (Side Smash). XD Patches can suck it.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Now I'm not saying there is a group of innovative ZSS minds called the Zilluminati that congregates on facebook to discuss ZSS in secret. Even if such a group existed and I were involved with it, I wouldn't confirm it's existence. But I imagine if such a group existed, they would turn into a super negative cess pool of complaining how bad the character is. I'm not 100% positive it would turn out that way, but if a group like that existed (not saying it does), but I think that's how it may or may not turn out.
Lol, this Zilluminati thing sounds like a load of horse doodoo. But if such a thing were to exist, Lux would probably say ridiculous things like "ZSS gets destroyed by Fox and Rosalina" and I'd defend her viability to the death against you and the other members who only half-main ZSS now... probably...... if it existed.... but that would be ridiculous.

Top Bottom