• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03.21.09 Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor MI. Be there. [Brawl Only] + Melee?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
*sigh* i guess i'm stuck with this tournament instead of Grand Rapids Melee :(

allow me to propose a new rule for consideration:

If a match goes into time, the player playing MK loses. If both players played MK, that disregard this rule.

This is singly one of the best rules i've ever seen, as it pretty much prohibits planking as a form of winning, and it gives MK some worse matchups (ICs). Hell, for all it matters, you probably don't need the IDC glitch banned anymore with this in place.

Danithak

Smash Rookie
Danithak where have you BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN
Haha, I went to my first tourney in ~4 months last Saturday. I was out of the scene for a while, especially when it came to the end of last semester. Most of that is over now, so I'll probably show up to these more regularly.

On a separate note, is anyone still looking for a dubs partner?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
*sigh* i guess i'm stuck with this tournament instead of Grand Rapids Melee :(

allow me to propose a new rule for consideration:

If a match goes into time, the player playing MK loses. If both players played MK, that disregard this rule.

This is singly one of the best rules i've ever seen, as it pretty much prohibits planking as a form of winning, and it gives MK some worse matchups (ICs). Hell, for all it matters, you probably don't need the IDC glitch banned anymore with this in place.
Some characters can just keep running away from MK without getting punished too much. Lots of matches with sonic almost go to time without even trying to run away.

I'm probably not gonna be at this, probably going to a tourney in springfield instead. It's about the same distance but I kinda wanna support more ohio tournaments.

judge!

Smash Ace
hmmm i might team with my brother depending still! but looks liike this might be a decent turn out show up guys i donty wanna waste my time rep mi and come to its last tourney for a while *****es

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If the tourney I'm going to ends faster, (not Smash related), then I can come, but so far that's not looking to hawt right now because it might end a 11pm or 1am. =/

thaxceptional1

Smash Lord
dang i dont think i can get the car this time...any1 in the detroit area mind givin me a lift? im right by the lodge

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I edited the first post with rules and stuff. I still have to talk to Vayseth about the times for the events and things like that, so everything there is still tentative.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Blood Hawk listen man...I REALLY need to know what your avatar/picture is of. I've seen it a thousand times and I can't remember what it's ****ing froommmm! It's a game, right?

judge!

Smash Ace
hey omin guess who i play now in 2v2 NOT MK! wario =P...but srsly my wario is ****ing sick iv gone 23-0 undefeated on aib/GB with him

judge!

Smash Ace
god i hope the turnout is good = / since it was a last minute thing

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'll be there, Ankoku'll be there, and I can at least probably get one more guy (botulismnator), although he doesn't play brawl (afaik), so i'd have to call him when melee starts. I'm sure Anther's probably coming to this and would stick for melee, and i think Levitas isn't going to make it. Bowyer... who knows if that guy'll play melee (doubt it, but he should cause he's good; he just doesn't think so), and there's like, the melee status of my whole crew. I can bring 2 Melee disks and a memory card (you only need 1 mem card for the whole event if you're awesome).

Vayseth

Smash Master
Bring set ups too, not just discs. Brawl OBVIOUSLY takes priority, but I'd like to have a set up or two of melee if I can. The place can't support TOO many set ups anyway...

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna have the capacity to bring a TV with me. I can bring a wii, but that's about as far as it gets...

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
SamuraiPanther is going to tear this place up when we walk through the doors. It won't even be fair.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
have fun today guys im short on cash :urg: so cant come and ding ima expect results outta if i call u today

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Shoutouts!

Anther: thanks for the friendlies. You're one of only a very few ppl who can actually play the game funly. I've got a lot of respect for that because i really can't

Panda: BEST LOW TIER PLAYER IN THE COUNTRY?!?!?!

Omni: you're too awesome.

Judge: you're like a ****ton better than me. I need to be more good like that. I did learn some stuff from you though, so I guess i'm glad I had you first round.

Bowyer: I totally thought you were going to win today.

Epic: Don't take it personally, i played like that against everyone i played today, and it's about all i can do, so you can rest assured that you'll be better than me once i get planking banned.

Everyone Ankoku and I played in doubles: META-KNIGHTING!

I would like to propose a new rule if there are any more tourneys for brawl in MI: "if the time runs out, MK loses".

Top Bottom