• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So how's everyone doing today?

One more week to go til Xenoblade 1 remake more or less.

Spent the evening sleeping and reading anime novels.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah it's some crazy ****.
Yeah. Like, up until that point, my knowledge was that the Purple Guy was a phone guy, and he died after he got cornered into Springtrap's suit by the children he killed. And said children's souls are within the animatronics. That point was when I tapped out of the series.

But I guess Scott decided he wanted to go all in, because all of a sudden, I learned that
The Purple Guy was the creator of the animatronics, the murderer of the children, and the phone guy from FNAF 2, the pizzeria chain was a big cover up for the murders that backfired in his face, he had both tow sons and one daughter, his daughter git killed by one if his animitronics and possesed it, and later killed her brother and yet revived him, and the son and the co-creator worked together to make a fake pizzeria to lure the last of the animatronics and burned everything down destroying the last of the animatronics, and freeing the souls. And the co-creator's daughter was the Puppet from FNAF 2.

And the last game is the Purple Guy stuck in hell for all of eternity forced to play FNAF forever and ever. Oh, and he screams in agony too, but only when meeting an old man near a lake. Leave his demons to demons or something like that

Did I get that right?

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace

I LIIIIIIIVE!

...WHAT YEAR IS IT?!

Thought I'd bring up something fun.

How would you guys rank each of the newcomers taglines?

Spoiled due to how long it is.

Sm4sh

:4mewtwo:: Mewtwo Strikes Back!
:4feroy:: Roy Seals the Deal!
:4charizard:: Charizard Fires It Up!
:4lucas:: Lucas Comes Out of Nowhere!
:4villager:: Villager Comes To Town!
:4megaman:: Mega Man Joins the Battle!
:rosalina:: Rosalina & Luma Launches Into Battle!
:4wiifit:: Wii Fit Trainer Weighs In!
:4littlemac:: Little Mac Punches In!
:4greninja:: Greninja Makes a Splash!
:4palutena:: Palutena Alights!
:4robinm:: Robin Brings the Thunder!
:4lucina:: Lucina Wakes Her Blade?!
:4shulk:: Shulk Foresees a Fight!
:4bowserjr:: Bowser Jr. Clowns In!
:4duckhunt:: Dark Hunt Takes Aim!
:4ryu:: Here Comes A New Challenger! Ryu
:4cloud:: Cloud Storms Into Battle!
:4corrin:: Corrin Chooses to Smash!
:4bayonetta:: Bayonetta Gets Wicked!

Ultimate

:ultridley:: Ridley Hits the Big Time!
:ultsimon:: Simon Lashes Out!
:ultrichter:: Richter Crosses Over!
:ultkrool:: King K. Rool Comes Aboard!
:ultisabelle:: Isabelle Turns Over a New Leaf!
:ultken:: Ken Turns Up the Heat!
:ultincineroar:: Incineroar Enters the Ring!
:ultpiranha:: Piranha Plant Pipes In!
:ultjoker:: Joker Steals the Show!
:ulthero:: The Hero Draws Near!
:ultbanjokazooie:: Banjo & Kazooie Are Raring to Go!
:ult_terry:: Terry Faces the Fury!
:ultbyleth:: Byleth Joins Smash!/Byleth Recruits...Byleth

You made an ever bigger mistake than forgetting about Chrom and Dark Samus: Forgetting about these three, THE BEST taglines hands down.

1590099177910.png

Attachments

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Why would Glass joe daughters not carry on the glass meaning in her family? If she is Joes kid, I expect her to go down easy just like her dad
I’m imagining she wants to be better than her dad, but still show her family’s spirit in not giving up. Not to mention I probably can’t have her go down as easy since she’s one of the playable characters

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
So I got bired and decided to look up FNAF lore out of nostalgia.

Uh, apparently there's a lot I missed out on after the 3rd game. Like, a lot.
I did the same like a month or two ago, except I was catching up after the 4th game.

Purple guy got a name what the ****

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah. Like, up until that point, my knowledge was that the Purple Guy was a phone guy, and he died after he got cornered into Springtrap's suit by the children he killed. And said children's souls are within the animatronics. That point was when I tapped out of the series.

But I guess Scott decided he wanted to go all in, because all of a sudden, I learned that
The Purple Guy was the creator of the animatronics, the murderer of the children, and the phone guy from FNAF 2, the pizzeria chain was a big cover up for the murders that backfired in his face, he had both tow sons and one daughter, his daughter git killed by one if his animitronics and possesed it, and later killed her brother and yet revived him, and the son and the co-creator worked together to make a fake pizzeria to lure the last of the animatronics and burned everything down destroying the last of the animatronics, and freeing the souls. And the co-creator's daughter was the Puppet from FNAF 2.

And the last game is the Purple Guy stuck in hell for all of eternity forced to play FNAF forever and ever. Oh, and he screams in agony too, but only when meeting an old man near a lake. Leave his demons to demons or something like that

Did I get that right?
You got some of it right, yeah.

First off, Phone Guy and Purple Guy are not the same person. Phone Guy is an unnamed employee, while Purple Guy is a character named William Afton. But yes, William Afton was the murderer and the man behind Afton Robotics, which created most of the Freddy's robots. And the pizza chain wasn't exactly a cover up, though the company behind it, Fazbear Entertainment, has a track record of trying to brush it under the rug and make light of the incident. And yup, he had three kids. Elizabeth Afton was killed by Circus Baby, a robot designed to kill unattended children. She goes on to possess her. Baby, alongside Ballora, Funtime Freddy, and Funtime Foxy, fuse into a mess of parts named Ennard. Using a machine to scoop the endoskeleton out of an animatronic, they scoop our players insides out, and use our skin as a suit to escape into the real world. Our character is named Michael Afton, one of William Afton's sons. He came to "put her back together" though we don't exactly know what this means. And Circus Baby wasn't the one that revived Michael. We aren't exactly sure why he was revived, but we think it's because of remnant. It's basically energy fueled from agony allows ghosts to possess these animatronics. Remnant can also be used as a way to keep someone alive beyond death. Michael Afton and Henry, one of the creator's of Freddy's, didn't work together to build this bait, but Michael played a part in it. Basically, the plan was to get every animatronic in the same location, and burn it down to the ground. Now, here's one thing to note about these animatronics. The books show us that the animatronics seem to be influenced by the remnant. Remnant is derived from agony. Agony produced by, say, a murder, seems to turn whatever it influences into a killer. This is shown in the books, and it very well seems to be the case with a lot of the other characters. Due to this, Springtrap, Molten Freddy, (What's left of Ennard) Baby, and the Puppet were all lured to this location using tiny machines that produce the sounds of children, which to them, is just something else to satiate them. Now, about this hell. We don't actually know who is trapped in this hell. The two candidates are Michael Afton, or William Afton. Why Michael Afton? Well, you know the older brother in FNAF 4? There's loads of evidence supporting that this is a younger Michael Afton. This also means that the crying child is Afton's other son. Now, some of the dialogue from Ultimate Custom Night clues us in to what is happening here. Withered Chica, Mangle, Nightmare Freddy, and plenty of other characters occasionally mentioned "the one you shouldn't have killed". William has killed loads of kids, so it makes no sense for him to be in hell. Michael, however, has only killed one. So where's William? Well, it seems that he's escaped. Five Nights At Freddy's VR: Help Wanted is a game made by Fazbear Entertainment to make light of the "rumors" surrounding the pizza chain. In it, a mysterious entity named Glitchtrap stalks us. People believe that this is William for a few reasons. If he ain't in hell, where is he? On top of that, Glitchtrap takes the form of a Spring Bonnie mascot costume. According to an automated voice that guides the player through the games, circuit boards of the original characters were scanned into digital data to recreate their personalities and appearances. If Spring Bonnie's circuit board was scanned, that'd be a perfect way for William to enter the game. Well now, he's looking for a way out. A character named Vanny (likely short for Vannessa) is trying to break William out of the game, and it seems that she wants to continue what he started.

Yeah, it's a lot. If there's anything you're still confused about, or there's something I explained poorly, lemme know and I'll help.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So how's everyone doing today?

One more week to go til Xenoblade 1 remake more or less.

Spent the evening sleeping and reading anime novels.
We had a pretty busy day at work with repairs and whatnot, so I'm feeling a bit lethargic. Might play a little ARMS or Metal Slug later before crashing.

Speaking of Xenoblade, Amazon delayed my copy until June 2nd. :/

Dutch Raikuna

We had a pretty busy day at work with repairs and whatnot, so I'm feeling a bit lethargic. Might play a little ARMS or Metal Slug later before crashing.

Speaking of Xenoblade, Amazon delayed my copy until June 2nd. :/
You're US right?

After Amazon sent out my copy of New Horizons almost a week late, it was never again. They've gotten worse.

Now I order from a place called ShopTo or Smyths here in the UK. Managed to get games the day before they came out from both.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You got some of it right, yeah.

First off, Phone Guy and Purple Guy are not the same person. Phone Guy is an unnamed employee, while Purple Guy is a character named William Afton. But yes, William Afton was the murderer and the man behind Afton Robotics, which created most of the Freddy's robots. And the pizza chain wasn't exactly a cover up, though the company behind it, Fazbear Entertainment, has a track record of trying to brush it under the rug and make light of the incident. And yup, he had three kids. Elizabeth Afton was killed by Circus Baby, a robot designed to kill unattended children. She goes on to possess her. Baby, alongside Ballora, Funtime Freddy, and Funtime Foxy, fuse into a mess of parts named Ennard. Using a machine to scoop the endoskeleton out of an animatronic, they scoop our players insides out, and use our skin as a suit to escape into the real world. Our character is named Michael Afton, one of William Afton's sons. He came to "put her back together" though we don't exactly know what this means. And Circus Baby wasn't the one that revived Michael. We aren't exactly sure why he was revived, but we think it's because of remnant. It's basically energy fueled from agony allows ghosts to possess these animatronics. Remnant can also be used as a way to keep someone alive beyond death. Michael Afton and Henry, one of the creator's of Freddy's, didn't work together to build this bait, but Michael played a part in it. Basically, the plan was to get every animatronic in the same location, and burn it down to the ground. Now, here's one thing to note about these animatronics. The books show us that the animatronics seem to be influenced by the remnant. Remnant is derived from agony. Agony produced by, say, a murder, seems to turn whatever it influences into a killer. This is shown in the books, and it very well seems to be the case with a lot of the other characters. Due to this, Springtrap, Molten Freddy, (What's left of Ennard) Baby, and the Puppet were all lured to this location using tiny machines that produce the sounds of children, which to them, is just something else to satiate them. Now, about this hell. We don't actually know who is trapped in this hell. The two candidates are Michael Afton, or William Afton. Why Michael Afton? Well, you know the older brother in FNAF 4? There's loads of evidence supporting that this is a younger Michael Afton. This also means that the crying child is Afton's other son. Now, some of the dialogue from Ultimate Custom Night clues us in to what is happening here. Withered Chica, Mangle, Nightmare Freddy, and plenty of other characters occasionally mentioned "the one you shouldn't have killed". William has killed loads of kids, so it makes no sense for him to be in hell. Michael, however, has only killed one. So where's William? Well, it seems that he's escaped. Five Nights At Freddy's VR: Help Wanted is a game made by Fazbear Entertainment to make light of the "rumors" surrounding the pizza chain. In it, a mysterious entity named Glitchtrap stalks us. People believe that this is William for a few reasons. If he ain't in hell, where is he? On top of that, Glitchtrap takes the form of a Spring Bonnie mascot costume. According to an automated voice that guides the player through the games, circuit boards of the original characters were scanned into digital data to recreate their personalities and appearances. If Spring Bonnie's circuit board was scanned, that'd be a perfect way for William to enter the game. Well now, he's looking for a way out. A character named Vanny (likely short for Vannessa) is trying to break William out of the game, and it seems that she wants to continue what he started.

Yeah, it's a lot. If there's anything you're still confused about, or there's something I explained poorly, lemme know and I'll help.
On UCN
I forgot it is up for debate ln whether or not William is the one in hell or not, like it wasn't 100% confirmed. I personally believe it's William based off of Henry's speech that he would be deep in hell, and the Old Man Consequences easter egg where he screams out Mike and... Henry? I Hate? Again, it's not entirely confirmed, but I also do believe that Glitchtrap has something to do with William as well. Even if it contradicts each other.

Speaking of which, I kinda regret listening to that fan made audio of William's death inside Springtrap. It's unsettling, but now it's all I can think about.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You're US right?

After Amazon sent out my copy of New Horizons almost a week late, it was never again. They've gotten worse.

Now I order from a place called ShopTo or Smyths here in the UK. Managed to get games the day before they came out from both.
Yeah, I'm US.

It's honestly not too big of a deal and I'd rather not cancel it now because it's a pre-order for the Definitive Works set. Amazon is typically pretty okay with having my stuff arrive on time, though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
On UCN
I forgot it is up for debate ln whether or not William is the one in hell or not, like it wasn't 100% confirmed. I personally believe it's William based off of Henry's speech that he would be deep in hell, and the Old Man Consequences easter egg where he screams out Mike and... Henry? I Hate? Again, it's not entirely confirmed, but I also do believe that Glitchtrap has something to do with William as well. Even if it contradicts each other.

Speaking of which, I kinda regret listening to that fan made audio of William's death inside Springtrap. It's unsettling, but now it's all I can think about.
As for Will/Mike screaming, I don't think that that's supposed to be screaming, Sounds like some typical, eerie sound. Could just be me though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As for Will/Mike screaming, I don't think that that's supposed to be screaming, Sounds like some typical, eerie sound. Could just be me though.
It is FNAF, the series that thrives on theories, and Scott knows it too. So who knows if it's just screaming or actual words. Guess we'll have to wait until FNAF...

Is there a new one coming out?

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah, I'm US.

It's honestly not too big of a deal and I'd rather not cancel it now because it's a pre-order for the Definitive Works set. Amazon is typically pretty okay with having my stuff arrive on time, though.
I was seriously considering getting that edition but outside the mini music selection didn't really want anything from it.
So instead I got the normal edition with a poster. And cheaper to boot.

I also having a feeling mine will come a day early since I paid a few quid for Royal Mail 1st Class.

I'm excited for the game and hopefully with and FFVII Remake bought and completed, its only a matter of time for Persona 5 Royal.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So, there's this leak that says that Nintendo's gonna reveal the supposed Mario remasters in one hour.
I didn't take it very seriously, but I just got a notification in Animal Crossing that server maintenance is going down at the exact same time that the supposed leak claimed the Mario remasters were set to be revealed.

But, this post will likely age poorly and mean nothing come 9PM EST.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
> FNAF and Purple Guy

oh yes, now it's meme sharing time:

To be fair, it does sound a lot like The Man Behind the Slaughter™ screaming "Mike! Henry! Help me!" or whatever it was when sped up.

edit: or was it "I hate Mike/Henry!"? idk, could've sworn I heard "help me!" in one youtube video about the audio but *shrug*

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
It is FNAF, the series that thrives on theories, and Scott knows it too. So who knows if it's just screaming or actual words. Guess we'll have to wait until FNAF...

Is there a new one coming out?
Actually just realized I forgot to mention two games.

Five Nights At Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
1590106498199.png

There was a FNAF AR title. It's not very important, but it's canon, so I'll give you the rundown anyways. Basically, Fazbear Entertainment has started a subscription service called the Fazbear Funtime Service. Basically, Fazbear Entertainment mascots are constantly shipped to you as your own personally entertainers! Must be very expensive. Since this is Freddy's, something goes wrong. Animatronics are constantly being shipped to you, and your subscription lasts a lifetime. Naturally, they want to kill you. Currently, the characters included are Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica, Mangle, Balloon Boy, Shadow Bonnie, Springtrap, Baby, and a holiday exclusive character, Freddy Frostbear. Plushtrap, Funtime Freddy, and Lefty have been confirmed to appear in the game at a later date. We don't know why they're attacking you, but remember how I was talking about this agony energy, remnant? Well, the book shows that remnant doesn't always need a soul for an object to become haunted and murderous. This could explain why they're trying to kill you. Also, this is the first time Freddy has been given a voice, which is pretty nice.

Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach
1590106576360.png

The upcoming game is called Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach. We don't know much about it, but here's what we do know. The game takes place in a giant mall-like pizzeria complex, with a new batch of characters. Glamrock Freddy and Glamrock Chica are obviously based off of Freddy and Chica, though we also have two new members. Glamrock Monty (an alligator) and Glamrock Roxxane. (a wolf) Vanny is also making an appearence in this title. The game is being developed by Steel Wool, who also made FNAF VR: Help Wanted. That's the best FNAF game in my opinion, so I have high hopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom