• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually just realized I forgot to mention two games.

Five Nights At Freddy's AR: Special Delivery
View attachment 272363
There was a FNAF AR title. It's not very important, but it's canon, so I'll give you the rundown anyways. Basically, Fazbear Entertainment has started a subscription service called the Fazbear Funtime Service. Basically, Fazbear Entertainment mascots are constantly shipped to you as your own personally entertainers! Must be very expensive. Since this is Freddy's, something goes wrong. Animatronics are constantly being shipped to you, and your subscription lasts a lifetime. Naturally, they want to kill you. Currently, the characters included are Freddy, Bonnie, Chica, Foxy, Toy Freddy, Toy Bonnie, Toy Chica, Mangle, Balloon Boy, Shadow Bonnie, Springtrap, Baby, and a holiday exclusive character, Freddy Frostbear. Plushtrap, Funtime Freddy, and Lefty have been confirmed to appear in the game at a later date. We don't know why they're attacking you, but remember how I was talking about this agony energy, remnant? Well, the book shows that remnant doesn't always need a soul for an object to become haunted and murderous. This could explain why they're trying to kill you. Also, this is the first time Freddy has been given a voice, which is pretty nice.

Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach
View attachment 272364
The upcoming game is called Five Nights At Freddy's: Security Breach. We don't know much about it, but here's what we do know. The game takes place in a giant mall-like pizzeria complex, with a new batch of characters. Glamrock Freddy and Glamrock Chica are obviously based off of Freddy and Chica, though we also have two new members. Glamrock Monty (an alligator) and Glamrock Roxxane. (a wolf) Vanny is also making an appearence in this title. The game is being developed by Steel Wool, who also made FNAF VR: Help Wanted. That's the best FNAF game in my opinion, so I have high hopes.
Can't wait for the FNAF movie that may or may not have been cancelled and replaced with the Banana Splits Movie.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Can't wait for the FNAF movie that may or may not have been cancelled and replaced with the Banana Splits Movie.
All those years have mostly been spent working on a script. During the development of FNAF VR and FNAF AR, Scott ran a small thread on Steam where he updated people on the progress of upcoming projects. According to him, a script has been finalized. Actually. An actually finalized script.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
All those years have mostly been spent working on a script. During the development of FNAF VR and FNAF AR, Scott ran a small thread on Steam where he updated people on the progress of upcoming projects. According to him, a script has been finalized. Actually. An actually finalized script.
I can't wait for that one parent who brings their 3 year old to the theater because cute and cuddly bear.

Bonus if she's confused on why the theater is filled with a bunch of teens-20 year olds.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Justice League Apokolips War was kind of cool.

They REALLY did get everyone bodied, huh? Also, way to put all the pressure on Barry to reset the Universe AGAIN!
Starfire, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Batman, Wonder Woman AND Mera got mind controlled but were saved at the end. Cyborg and Superman were GOATED.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Super Mario Sunshine final product? PFFT!!! THIS is the real **** here!!!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They most likely mellowed out, considering the peak of FNAF's popularity was with a bunch of then middle schoolers and elementary schoolers. Most of which are now in high school or college.

Sauce: I was one.
Yeah its mellowed out considerably. I'm quite glad that that's the case, frankly.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like how Mega Man was meant to be like the star of Smash 4, with all this focus and marketing, and yet they gave him the most generic tagline of "Mega Man joins the battle!"

Like, they couldn't even say "Mega Man Busts In!" or something? C'mon man.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I was seriously considering getting that edition but outside the mini music selection didn't really want anything from it.
So instead I got the normal edition with a poster. And cheaper to boot.

I also having a feeling mine will come a day early since I paid a few quid for Royal Mail 1st Class.

I'm excited for the game and hopefully with and FFVII Remake bought and completed, its only a matter of time for Persona 5 Royal.
We don't even get the sound selection CD, poster, or steel book over here. That being said, I'm a sucker for great art books so I couldn't resist going for it.

Funny you mention P5R since I'm almost finished with the game myself. It's a damn good improvement over the original and I could honestly see it joining the top five of my favorite RPGs. As for FFVIIR, I might finally tackle it once Xenoblade is finished.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
My boi got robbed yet again

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Super Mario Sunshine final product? PFFT!!! THIS is the real **** here!!!

I remember that before the FLUDD, Mario was going to be with Yoshi who could vomit out water to clean graffiti.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Two Mystery Gifts shadow dropped in Pokémon Sword/Shield: A Galarian Mr. Mime with its hidden ability and a set of Poké Balls (Lure, Heavy, Moon, & Dream)

To claim them you go to Mystery Gift and select Receive Via Internet.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It sounds lame to me.
It doesn't help that the phrase "punching in" invokes very different imagery as opposed to what the tagline intended.
What would you have gone with?

I’d hate to say it, but from what I’ve seen, the whole game seemed pretty lackluster

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Kindergarten? Is Yoshi 5?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Funny you mention P5R since I'm almost finished with the game myself. It's a damn good improvement over the original and I could honestly see it joining the top five of my favorite RPGs. As for FFVIIR, I might finally tackle it once Xenoblade is finished.
Having beaten FFVII Remake I found it pretty good. Room for improvement and the ending is a bit off but still great.

Persona 5 Royal I was going to get but I bought the former instead. I'm definitely going to get it but at the same time I'm thinking of getting something like The Outer Worlds or Sakura Wars.
Trying to keep to rule this year of mostly IPs I haven't played with few exceptions.

If I do get P5R it'll be fun to talk about all three JRPG "remakes" being roughly considered the best of each generation their from.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

I know how you feel...
Same with me being disappointed about Yoshi not having a 2nd rep in Smash.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What would you have gone with?

I’d hate to say it, but from what I’ve seen, the whole game seemed pretty lackluster
I still like the game, but man wouldn't it be nice to have a real overworld for once (and maybe a 3D Yoshi game while they're at it). Woolly World had something in the ballpark of that with a free roaming Yosh, but ultimately it was still a world map :yoshi:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still like the game, but man wouldn't it be nice to have a real overworld for once (and maybe a 3D Yoshi game while they're at it). Woolly World had something in the ballpark of that with a free roaming Yosh, but ultimately it was still a world map :yoshi:
Yeah, considering what I played of him in SM64DS and SMG2, he could totally work in a 3D environment, but I’m curious as to how they could differentiate it well enough from the 3D Mario platformers.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Yeah, considering what I played of him in SM64DS and SMG2, he could totally work in a 3D environment, but I’m curious as to how they could differentiate it well enough from the 3D Mario platformers.
I have some ideas, but right now I have something to take care of. I'll get right back with that :yoshi:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sure thing

Just curious, when do you think that'll be, though?
Probably a month or so, sooner depending on a few things.
Transition from education to organisation and pay kinda thing.
Still feel like I talk about myself as much here but hey better doing an AMA here than on Reddit wouldn't you say so?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Alright, my guess as to how Yoshi would be differentiated from Mario is that the levels would be more interconnected more like a Zelda world. You can enter levels from different parts of other levels. I can also see the ability to alter the properties of egg ammo that Yoshi can change at will when he gets the appropriate permanent power-up. And speaking of Zelda, I see an L-targeting system a guarantee.

Another approach is making levels a lot more linear, but presented more as "chapters" similar to Bayonetta. You can put in the staples of Yoshi games like red coins and flowers through that and have clear screens that rank you which would probably allow you to unlock abilities.

Can I at least say the soundtrack for Crafted World is SUUUUUCH a letdown? Especially coming right after Woolly World?
That's what happens when Good-Feel's composer quits unceremoniously during development :yoshi:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I’m just not sure if having different mobility and attack options would be enough.

EDIT: Yeah I see some of the stuff Zinith has in mind working.
Well you see, 2D Yoshi isn't just Mario replaced with a different character. Levels are designed differently and are generally longer and have a heavy focus on collectibles. Aside from the collectibles, they're more in line with Kirby games. That's why I chose those options for 3D, they seem more in line with the spirit of Yoshi rather than SM64, SMG and so on :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom