• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Grievous was amazing in the original cartoon series, although I really do like the CGI clone Wars, Grevious was not as cool, but I guess it’s closer to his movie appearance.
I grew up with both versions of the Clone Wars.

I still love this clip quite a lot.

D

Deleted member

It probably helps that it's a TV show so it allows more room to breathe than a Movie does.
Tbf other than getting Anakin out of indentured servitude, Episode 1 didn't establish a whole lot. You could probably skip Episode 1 and you wouldn't miss a whole lot in the series, which is a waste of assets. They probably could have made Episode 2 as the Episode 1, make a movie inbetween 1 and 3, and that would have made the flow more natural.

This cuts out Maul and podracing but eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Holy ****, we are having a Christmas lunch of sorts at my chinese classes and I want to eat everything.

But I want to leave food for others.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
If I’m going to be honest part of the reason I like the prequels so much is not so much the movies themselves, but all the content surrounding them.

Both cartoons were great, there was a plethora of Star Wars games, crap tons of cool toys, plenty of novels and lore books. The story of the prequels might be a jumbled mess, but the setting and universe was cool that was fun to explore in other mediums.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
bold of you to imply the live action scooby-doo movies are a bad time
...I mean, they aren't that good, but I liked the two Scooby Doo movies made by him...

....it's guilty pleasure, yes, but still...
Bold of you two to assume I have good taste
What does grammar have to do with any of this? Has nothing to do with anything. Also not everyone has perfect writing you know.

Talk about getting triggered...
Me: "It pisses me off more than it should, as in, I am entirely aware I'm making a mountain of a molehill here"
This ones gonna be a fun war between toxic shills and the fandom. I'll grab my popcorn

I've learned never to take statements like this at face value, especially when they come from the boss.
Ok but that doesn't change that the DVDs sold ridiculously well, lying about why the movie failed is a common thing but lying about how well it sold is literally illegal last I checked

D

Deleted member

I am legit enjoying this lunch.

Everyone is just being cool, hearing chinese Christmas songs which fit the mood and having an enjoyable and chilling time.

Nothing about my aunt getting into a heavy political discussion with another family member, nothing about my uncles calling me an asshole for laughing at jokes on the internet, nothing about my father having an eye on me every second to find a minimal thing to get mad at me about... None of that crap.

Just people enjoying this time together as it should be.

D

Deleted member

Oh, and most important of all:

There isn't any shady stuff being hidden at the level of "We are kicking these two family members out of every party we make not because they are bad people but rather since their boyfriends aren't of my taste".

Feels great to enjoy something without fearing for any tough or wtf twist such as that one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Side of my neck is really hurting. Must of pulled or sprain a muscle while sleeping last night.

Yay...As if the cold weather wasn't enough...-_-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Me: "It pisses me off more than it should, as in, I am entirely aware I'm making a mountain of a molehill here"
lmaoooo gwen is hashtag TRIGGERED!! epicly pwned, totally destroyed. wym saying someone is triggered disrespects people who actually do have real triggers that act as a catalyst for them re-experiencing symptoms of a traumatic event and can lead to actual horrible breakdowns it's just a meme bro stop getting triggered lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Geno has a page at the Transformers Wiki and now all of you are cursed to see it:

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Geno
Why though? Why did this happen?
hard agree
i... am admittedly not very invested in star wars, so i don't exactly have the biggest attachment to these characters (besides yoda hrrgrhgm), but i can't even sit all the way through episode one most of the time
at least tfa and tlj are somewhat engaging all the way through
****. My dad took me to a midnight screening of The Phantom Menace, which was re released in hd for some reason, and I FELL ASLEEP.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's it contreras.

I already got my dream Christmas lunch/dinner which my family won't likely give me.

Christmas is saved, and I feel joy kicking back into my heart and brain.

D

Deleted member

going to a another wedding in baltimore in a couple days
parents are gonna be there
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

someone tell brown people to stop getting married every 14 seconds and inviting every single person that's given them so much as an aside glance

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

someone tell brown people to stop getting married every 14 seconds and inviting every single person that's given them so much as an aside glance
idk faygo thats a lot of people

D

Deleted member

yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Can't you just decline?

D

Deleted member

idk faygo thats a lot of people
it's ok i'm pretty sure i'm distantly connected to like 3/4 of them
Can't you just decline?
see i want to but all my cousins are gonna be there and while i very much do not want to go i don't get to see em much since they live up in ma so i think i can stomach having to hang around my birthers for a week

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yaaaaaaaaaaaay

come dressed as baboom and they will never invite you again

D

Deleted member

it's ok i'm pretty sure i'm distantly connected to like 3/4 of them

see i want to but all my cousins are gonna be there and while i very much do not want to go i don't get to see em much since they live up in ma so i think i can stomach having to hang around my birthers for a week
Too bad that my family doesn't care about how much you may miss your cousins/cousines.

"What? It has been 4 years since the last time you saw your cousines? Lol, **** you.
They have people we find ugly as couples, so they are kicked out of everything we make"

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you fool, you absolute buffoon, you stupid ****ing ****** **** **** **** ****face ****** ****
that would cause the exact opposite of the intended effect
baboom wins in any scenario

want to be invited back to weddings? baboom win
don't want to be invited back to weddings? baboom also win

baboom is the infinite probability drive

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
only wedding i was invited to was a lesbian one for my cousin

yeah i can see the appeal of getting married but seeing people getting married? nope.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Too bad that my family doesn't care about how much you may miss your cousins/cousines.

"What? It has been 4 years since the last time you saw your cousines? Lol, **** you.
They have people we find ugly as couples, so they are kicked out of everything we make"
Can you like, file for emancipation or something? Your parents sound horrible.

D

Deleted member

baboom wins in any scenario

want to be invited back to weddings? baboom win
don't want to be invited back to weddings? baboom also win

baboom is the infinite probability drive
Most people think Baboom is just a silly cult.

But they're wrong. Baboom is a way of life. Baboom is a symbol of growth and achievement.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Grievous was amazing in the original cartoon series, although I really do like the CGI clone Wars, Grevious was not as cool, but I guess it’s closer to his movie appearance.
**** yeah, This is THE Grievious I think about when peoples talk about him, not the meme he is in Revenge of the Sith. (Though note I still like the memes there)

Last edited:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I've always loved going to weddings, but then again I've never been forced to go to one for people I didn't really know or care about, so maybe that's why.

D

Deleted member

Can you like, file for emancipation or something? Your parents sound horrible.
Those were not my parents but rather the daughters of a cousine I have.

But yeah, my mother did know about that crap but yet refused to tell me anything until the day after the party since "she didn't want to ruin my day".

And to that I say: knowing that I took part of something that literally kicked out innocent people and nobody warned me as soon as possible is ****ing worse than knowing but having enough time to leave.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I've always loved going to weddings, but then again I've never been forced to go to one for people I didn't really know or care about, so maybe that's why.
Weddings arent my kinda thing. I refuse to go to any and if I get married, Im probably just gonna sign papers and not have a big show

D

Deleted member

Then that sounds more important imo.
only wedding i was invited to was a lesbian one for my cousin

yeah i can see the appeal of getting married but seeing people getting married? nope.
I went to a wedding for my mom's friend. Didn't know anybody there and I was bored as Hell. Never again unless it's a close friend.

Same with funerals.

D

Deleted member

you all just don't get it do you
baboom
was never
REAL

and yet he was always here. and yet he was never here
he is simply a
presence
a nonexistent presence that is still felt and yet
not felt

D

Deleted member

Now you know why the last wedding I attended was 8 years ago.

I didn't even know anyone, it was just for free dinner.
I feel like booking a ticket to eat a free dinner is more expensive than just going out to Jimmy Johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom