• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Name a franchise that would work well as an arcade style beat em up, but isn’t super obvious. Like, making a TMNT beat em up is obvious. Making a Simpsons one isn’t.
Cardfight Vanguard.

no, I'm serious. Half of the main unit cast are already skilled fighters and there are multiple events you could pull from to make it work(such as the Link Joker invasion, Psyqualia zombies, the Megacolony vs Neo Nectar battle, etc) not to mention how ****ing sick it would be to see characters like Rising Nova or Altmile just beat the crap outta everyone in sight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well good morning to you guys. I'm about to go for a bit to see friends (within regulations of course). Also couldn't sleep last night so I watched the Presidential Debate. I know it shouldn't matter to me as much as I don't live in the US but I have friends (some on here) and family over there.
It was interesting to say the least.

Here's hoping anything Smash related announced today cause I woke up eager.

And on the best and sad note, today's the final episode of Re:Zero Season 2 before it comes back in January so this will be fun.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Only slightly nauseous today, headaches are still there but low, and I got some good sleep.

I also found out that within my 3 days of not eating, I can eat grapes.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So, my new job is kind of exhausting. I work a full 12 hours, with only two half hour breaks. It is incredibly repetitive too; I stand in one spot and package products the whole time. Fortunately, I only have to work three days a week.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, my new job is kind of exhausting. I work a full 12 hours, with only two half hour breaks. It is incredibly repetitive too; I stand in one spot and package products the whole time. Fortunately, I only have to work three days a week.
Isn't that basically FedEx

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I can see why it would be so exhausting. I would be exhausted myself as well.

D

Deleted member

And on the best and sad note, today's the final episode of Re:Zero Season 2 before it comes back in January so this will be fun.
I am not looking forward for the 3 month wait. Re:Zero Season 2 has been my favourite anime this year and it sucks that I can't tune in every Wednesday for watch another episode of it.

Also this week's episode seems like it's going to be crazy so that will be fun.

D

Deleted member

So today my dad and I got around to doing all the tedious work and my last OG Duel Land has finally shipped out to its new owner. My dad does have access to my tcgplayer account now which is just a tiny bit worrisome long term but worst case scenario I would just have to make a new account. No biggie.

Only got 1 order left to do(and I just need to get a stamp) and then for right now I think I'll be done selling. Need to get some more toploaders and some more stamps before I can reasonably start selling again. But that $300 I'm getting from that OG Duel Land should be more than enough to cover that cost :p I dunno exactly what I might want to save up for... there are alot of things on "my list" that I want to get/save for but I dunno exactly what just yet. fursuit perhaps?

On another note it's honestly kinda weird to think about how a single piece of cardboard is worth more than my entire bike. But as a card game nerd I'm used to it. It's only really a thing in Yugioh and MTG, every other game I've played tends to have high value base rarity cards top at like $40 at most.
Y'know I keep on hearing about Re:Zero and since I've been trying to try new things recently, what's it about exactly? What little I've watched of the anime hasn't exactly helped lol.

D

Deleted member

Y'know I keep on hearing about Re:Zero and since I've been trying to try new things recently, what's it about exactly? What little I've watched of the anime hasn't exactly helped lol.
Here's the synopsis of Re:Zero from MyAnimeList.

When Subaru Natsuki leaves the convenience store, the last thing he expects is to be wrenched from his everyday life and dropped into a fantasy world. Things aren't looking good for the bewildered teenager; however, not long after his arrival, he is attacked by some thugs. Armed with only a bag of groceries and a now useless cell phone, he is quickly beaten to a pulp. Fortunately, a mysterious beauty named Satella, in hot pursuit after the one who stole her insignia, happens upon Subaru and saves him. In order to thank the honest and kindhearted girl, Subaru offers to help in her search, and later that night, he even finds the whereabouts of that which she seeks. But unbeknownst to them, a much darker force stalks the pair from the shadows, and just minutes after locating the insignia, Subaru and Satella are brutally murdered.

However, Subaru immediately reawakens to a familiar scene—confronted by the same group of thugs, meeting Satella all over again—the enigma deepens as history inexplicably repeats itself.

I think the synopsis examples the anime pretty well but in short, MC gets transported to another world, MC meets girl, MC and the girl gets killed and MC goes back in time and he must find a way to save himself from getting killed again. Really cool anime but the anime is really brutal so if you really dislike blood and gore, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're fine with those things, I absolutely recommend it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
The Pokémon Company have put out an updated clarified note in the article that revealed a Poké Coin cost for transferring from Pokémon GO to Pokémon HOME.
Now, the article states that there will be a cooldown period after transferring Pokémon beforeyou can transfer again. This can be shortened with PokéCoins. Currently this doesn't preclude the idea of it costing but provides more insight from the same question that was asked yesterday.
Much better. I'll deal with a cooldown.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Any of you guys remember the movie G-Force? You know the one with talking guinea pigs and killer appliances.
Yeah and I played the videogame as well.

Was good imo, but I was younger.

So.. what does that potentially look like? Smash today? Tomorrow? Friday? Or Saturday?
If not today, I’m personally expecting next week, but we could get an announcement by Friday.

edit: Herrre we GOOOOO!

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just got done with a large coding assignment: man coding this year is going to be way harder than usual if I'm struggling to code a program to draw basic shapes lol.

I did make it draw a bow and arrow though just to flex :cool:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Are you all ready?
"Brief Message"

Please don't be anything bad, please don't be anything bad.

Also this was the first announcement of Smash that my best friend showed me. Fact of the day.

D

Deleted member

One thing I think is pretty interesting is how the character is only getting "revealed" tomorrow. Not released. Don't think it really means anything but it's certainly worth pointing out, as that wording implies the character won't be released tomorrow, which would be kinda weird when CP7 has almost certainly been worked on for almost 3 months now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

KillerCage

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom