• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes, obviously, lag is PK Thunder's worst enemy. You must not only time when you do it and the angle you do it at, you must also time the whole "move the Pk thunder into your butt"-maneuvre. Lag screws all of this over.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Once I played a with anyone match and could never hit me with PKT, it lagged much though, normally it's just a bit of lag and that doesn't hinder me much.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
Yes, obviously, lag is PK Thunder's worst enemy. You must not only time when you do it and the angle you do it at, you must also time the whole "move the Pk thunder into your butt"-maneuvre. Lag screws all of this over.

Okay, thank you for confirming that lag screws it all over.;) I'm pretty sure anyone who has played an Earth Bound Boy on wifi has experienced themselves messing up their PK Thunder.

Now we need opinions on how people who play Ness/Lucas get over it. ( if they ever did) I think the best concept is to get used to it. But how do you, the Ness community, do it? Do you just battle on wifi until you're drenched in sweatt? How many matches would it take ?It should surely be different for everybody. What are your methods/ opinions/ complaints? Speak up people.
;)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
One mighty weapon against it would also be Pit's arrows. Either he stops you from PK:ing yourself in the butt midway (with you having lost some altitude( or he just arrows your actual PK thunder, thus, dooming you).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Fight Mik! online and come back and tell me how badly lag screws up PKT.

...Actually, don't. His friend list is full or something. <<

...I fear Ness now. ;=;

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Stop
Posting
about...
this Mik! person. WhoTF are you talking about Kita!?

Anywas, lag+PKT=phailurism. Too hard to recover which is why I dont play with lag.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

Now we need opinions on how people who play Ness/Lucas get over it. ( if they ever did) I think the best concept is to get used to it. But how do you, the Ness community, do it? Do you just battle on wifi until you're drenched in sweatt? How many matches would it take ?It should surely be different for everybody. What are your methods/ opinions/ complaints? Speak up people.
;)
Yes, lag screws up the recovery alot, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to learn to work around it. I play alot more in-person matches than wifi, and I'd rather mess up online than get adapted to online play and screw over my recovery in-person.

Uffe

Smash Hero
No lag to slight lag doesn't mess me up. However if it's really bad then yes, I'm going to die. You've also got to remember that online play doesn't always have lag.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
TV lag screws me over. Lag in general greatly hurts Ness because most of his moves you have to be precise with otherwise he's easily punished (similar to melee marth...).

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
i hate it when it starts lagging as PK thunder is a coming out. bleh! its a horrible thing. falling slowly to my doom

we call that a PK BLUNDER

*rimshot*

Uffe

Smash Hero
TV lag screws me over. Lag in general greatly hurts Ness because most of his moves you have to be precise with otherwise he's easily punished (similar to melee marth...).
What is this TV lag? I've never heard of this.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
im not entirely sure but i tihnk some HDTVs (though are very cool) often than not, they give slight button delay lag.

NukeNess

Smash Cadet
TV lag and monitor lag get complained about time to time for gaming. Its just the picture not showing up instantly because the TV has to process the signal and getting it onto the screen. HDTVs have the problem bad sometimes, ive heard up to almost half a second on the lag. I know a good PC monitor is in the 2-4 millisecond range, not sure what is good for a TV or if they can get down that low also.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
im not entirely sure but i tihnk some HDTVs (though are very cool) often than not, they give slight button delay lag.
It's not only HDTVs. One of my tvs is 20 years old and it lags like crazy. It's really hard to notice lag unless you were like techy in melee otherwise it's hard to notice. Since I have a pretty bad reaction time, I can react appropriately to things on a normal tv ok, but if there's any lag at all, I get screwed. It's just the way I am though.

Projectors also cause lag. True Story: I played on a tv that lagged so badly that the lag was like 30 secs. WTF!?!?!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm sure if you really have the timing down you can just close your eyes and do it correctly.
Looking at it will only make it worse. =P

Top Bottom