• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
There was a thread in General Brawl Discussion that addressed the issue of why Friendly Fire is usually on in tournaments. Without it, characters are free to spam projectiles without much consequence. With friendly fire on, it keeps that to a minimum in addition to the challenge of being careful with your movements so you don't hurt your partner. Trust me. You don't want to be in a spamming team battle.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
There was a thread in General Brawl Discussion that addressed the issue of why Friendly Fire is usually on in tournaments. Without it, characters are free to spam projectiles without much consequence. With friendly fire on, it keeps that to a minimum in addition to the challenge of being careful with your movements so you don't hurt your partner. Trust me. You don't want to be in a spamming team battle.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Wolf + Falco

10cheapscapes.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Here DL, let me paint a beautiful picture for you.

You and Chaco are on a team against Pit and Falco. You are both Yoshi, and there is no friendly fire. How fun would it be to be spammed by arrows and lasers the whole time? Falco and Pit could do that and get away with it, with no consequence whatsoever because they aren't hurting each other.

With friendly fire on, that situation is less likely to happen, and I think true teamwork and skill are born through this sort of battle. If two people are skilled enough to work together without injuring the other, that is a team that is truly worthy of being called great.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

You and Chaco are on a team against Pit and Falco. You are both Yoshi, and there is no friendly fire. How fun would it be to be spammed by arrows and lasers the whole time? Falco and Pit could do that and get away with it, with no consequence whatsoever because they aren't hurting each other.

With friendly fire on, that situation is less likely to happen, and I think true teamwork and skill are born through this sort of battle. If two people are skilled enough to work together without injuring the other, that is a team that is truly worthy of being called great.
*steals masterpiece*

10thievingHeartz

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord

I already posted in the tourney topic about the issue. Chaco is not online and he's the one who arranged the tourney and set everything up, but I'll see what he has to say.

And like I said I understand what you're saying, but at the same time my main concern in that lag interference can really interfere with a friendly fire battle. With button delay, I could end up up airing my partner instead of the opponent next to him, for example.

Really, either way there's something to be concerned about.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Trust me, if this were offline, I would without hesitation call for friendly fire on. That's how my friends and I do it and that's how it's done in tournament, and you're right, it promotes true teamwork.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
lmao. Cinder...

I don't mean to attack anyway or start an argument since I despise them so much, but I say the tourney rules should be stained. I mean, yes, there are the occasional spam johns and what not. That is why Chaco stated that he didn't want to hear it. Why can't we just go through the rules already stated? It is not like it is a once and a lifetime tourney. Chaco can have as many tourneys as he wants, with different rules each time. If "Team Attack OFF" was an epic failure, then next tourney put "Team Attack ON". It is that simple. Sudsy had a problem with Devil and I's tourney rules. Of course, we were already undergoing hell, so we just kept it as is, and put his recommendation into consideration. People like different rules, it doesn't have to be the same all the time. Ok, I am done. *waits for witty comebacks*

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
What's with the tags? o_O;

Oh. *Gets cake and watches the late night randomness* Hehe.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master

Would add comments if they weren't all already there

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Falco: PIZZA CAKE! DON'T FRY ME! HANDS OFF MY BREAD!

Pit: THE FIGHT IS ON! THE FIGHT IS ON! THE FIGHT IS ON! YOU'RE NOT READY YET! YOU'RE NOT READY YET! YOU'RE NOT--

Japanese Pit: NENENENENENENENENENENENE DOU DA?! MAKENAI NEEEEE

*puts gun to head*

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wolfx....Nah lets not go there.
Devil. I have decided to replace the "x" pairings with "Character Fusions". It is less grotesque and gay. What you do is combine certain Brawl characters into one, creating a hybrid smasher. I shall start:

King Dedede + Zero Suit Samus = Zero Suit Dedede....Aw, #$%@ it....

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
lmao. Cinder...

I don't mean to attack anyway or start an argument since I despise them so much, but I say the tourney rules should be stained. I mean, yes, there are the occasional spam johns and what not. That is why Chaco stated that he didn't want to hear it. Why can't we just go through the rules already stated? It is not like it is a once and a lifetime tourney. Chaco can have as many tourneys as he wants, with different rules each time. If "Team Attack OFF" was an epic failure, then next tourney put "Team Attack ON". It is that simple. Sudsy had a problem with Devil and I's tourney rules. Of course, we were already undergoing hell, so we just kept it as is, and put his recommendation into consideration. People like different rules, it doesn't have to be the same all the time. Ok, I am done. *waits for witty comebacks*
You mean Devil and I not, o wait...XD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Falco: PIZZA CAKE! DON'T FRY ME! HANDS OFF MY BREAD!

Pit: THE FIGHT IS ON! THE FIGHT IS ON! THE FIGHT IS ON! YOU'RE NOT READY YET! YOU'RE NOT READY YET! YOU'RE NOT--

Japanese Pit: NENENENENENENENENENENENE DOU DA?! MAKENAI NEEEEE

*puts gun to head*
Ooooh. Japanese Pit is so freaking annoying. Nenenenenene. Oh God, I was so hoping he would have an English dub when I heard that. I would never use Angel Ring just because of that.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Devil. I have decided to replace the "x" pairings with "Character Fusions". It is less grotesque and gay. What you do is combine certain Brawl characters into one, creating a hybrid smasher. I shall start:

Lucas + Mario = Lucario

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master

ROFL

10LolingAdams

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
lmao. Cinder...

You're right. If that is what Chaco has decided, then that's it.

Sorry Princess...you'll have to find someone else. I won't be participating in this tournament.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You're right. If that is what Chaco has decided, then that's it.

Sorry Princess...you'll have to find someone else. I won't be participating in this tournament.
Wait, wha? NO. I was just saying stuff. Don't listen to me. I am just cranky. I am delusional and lost. I am mystified...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom