• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“Namco Worker” Shares Smash 4 Rumors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not to be rude, but why would you ask the man who has been making lies about character appearances about Starfox/Pokemon appearances? Just curious.
It's just as what Habanero stated, I just want to see what that Namco worker's opinion about this even though the details are fake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
May as well put my two cents in on the new "info."

Now the worker claimed this:

"A few misconceptions I've seen spread around the net...
He sees all...

First of all, I've seen people bring up Starfy's sales. That's not what I said, I said his series didn't make a significant splash in the West, which it did not.
Subjective...

Selling well during the first week it was out does not equate long-lasting appeal. There have been no further Starfy games since 2009, and the character himself does not stand out among the rest of the Nintendo lineup, especially as his genre (platformer) has multiple representation already in Mario, DK, and Kirby. There is nothing to gain by including Starfy.
Along with the aforementioned sales figure inconsistency, apparently being from a similar genre makes it impossible to be unique. Go figure. Well, I guess the Spinning, gliding, and goofy and water-based moves mean nothing.

Dillon's game didn't do that well either in terms of game ratings and such, but his character has far more potential.
Subjective? Subjective.

Rolling Western was one of the original "flagship" titles used to represent the 3DS EShop Non-Retail Games (along with stuff like Pushmo and Sakura Samurai), and the only way for people to obtain it currently is to buy it, directly, from Nintendo at full-price. You don't have that with Legendary Starfy...if you see Starfy in Smash 4, for instance, and like the character, your only recourse to see more of him would be to purchase a roughly 5-year old game, probably used. Dillon's a character with far more growth potential, both in terms of sales and notability, than Starfy is, a 10+ year old character whose time in the spotlight has come and gone.

Oh he can't be serious...

And a lot of people seem confused by the "east vs. west" theme of Takamaru and Little Mac. It does not refer to simply the eastern/western divide when it comes to game developers and such, but the "roles" of the characters themselves. Little Mac is a recognizable "western" archetype, the Rocky Balboa-esque boxer, and Takamaru is the recognizable "eastern" samurai. That's why they were chosen, because while they symbolize a specific culture, that symbol is global enough that everyone will immediately recognize the character on a basic level even if they haven't played their game. That's why the Fire Emblem guys, pre-US release of Fire Emblem, did so well...European swordsmen are easily relatable and iconic, even if their game is technically Japanese-only."

Because I used to be a medieval swordsman in my younger years...

The only valid thing here...

evilsmashbrosfan

Smash Cadet
I saw what that Namco guy said and even if it was fake,this guy`s opinion seems very credible.

If you think about it,considering how Nintendo wants the core people back on the Wii U and the requests for the characters he talked about,it makes sense to have the next game aimed toward hardcore fans with it.

Also,i have this feeling that everyone is wrong with rosters predictions.I think that i was wrong with my radical roster change since Sakurai could have changed his mind on not expending the roster beyond Brawl`s since Namco has a huge staff and plenty of technology to surpass the original intentions.The part where everyone is probably wrong is when it comes to what characters gets axed and some of the new additions.

For exemple,i`ve seen people assuming that Lucario and Ike where irrelevants because of new games in their franchises when really they are other characters whose relevency are even worse than them,plus Sakurai doesn`t seems like he`d ditch characters just because of relevency since if he would he would have ditched the Earthbounds characters and the Ice Climbers and probably some others as well.

As for Shulk,Dillon and Guiharim,they aren`t definitive and i think it`s for good reasons.A bunch of unique special moves wouldn`t be enough to distinguish Shulk from Ike since both are big sword users.Dillon isn`t any more important than Pushmo or Sakura Samurai or any of the other Eshop exclusives.As for Guiharim,by the time the new Smash Bros comes out,they will probably be at least 1 new Zelda game for the 3ds,and that guy isn`t iconic compared to other Zelda villains.

To me,these 3 characters seems like placeholders considered because of fans` requests but they could easily be swapped for other.Shulk could be remplaced by KOSMOS or the protagonist from Monolith`s next project.Sakura Samurai could be considered in place of Dillon or another Eshop character,and i`m sure Ganondorf will not be ditched for Guiharim.

Just my two cents on his saying.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
So THIS is the thread that everyone's talking about the rumor in? I'll copy pasta my comments from the other one:

"While I'm skeptical of this rumor like I am of any rumor, I must say, he is incredibly skilled at seeming legitimate. Allow me to play Devil's advocate:

If his goal is to troll people and fool them into believing him as long as possible, he's doing a pretty **** job and is even setting himself up for failure. At the very latest, we will have direct confirmation of the illegitimacy of the rumor on January 31st. Why would a troll set up a deadline for his lie, much less a relatively soon one?

Also, when throwing out roster predictions, it's not uncommon for there to be a surprise in an attempt to make it seem like something other than a fan roster, but consider the inclusion of "Debu." Now a troll could go pretty far with ridiculous character choices, but why would someone whose main goal is to be taken seriously INVENT an OC and add it to the roster?

Additionally, he went as far as to leak an ENTIRE roster for an upcoming manga crossover fighting game that most people have never heard of. This is also setting himself up for failure once that final roster is officially revealed. In a thread where everyone cares only about Smash, why would he do this?

Finally, most other leakers just drop their leak and disappear into the night, since if anyone actually pressed them, they would be quickly revealed as a fraud. This leaker, however, has stuck around on the thread, answered questions and has stayed consistent the entire time.

These are just some things to think about. I know it's really easy to say "lol. Gamefaqs. Zeldainformer. Fake. Lol," but it doesn't do any harm to take a closer look, especially with the dry spell we've had. It's actually kind of fun.

Regardless of whether or not he's the real deal, he's well spoken, is an expert on Nintendo franchises, and his roster logic is totally rational. I think he would be a great addition to Smashboards as a regular poster, just from seeing how knowledgable/logical he is."

Edit: On the medieval swordsman point, you guys are nitpicking just because he's a "leaker." He has a completely legitimate point. Medieval high fantasy has a much broader appeal than Eastern style themes. It is wildly popular across the world.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, I don't think Dillion's potential is subjective. I think it's awesome

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm sorry, no amount of articulation will persuade me to believe these rumors are nothing more than an elaborate ruse, created by some bored person that gets his or her jollies from riling people up. I've seen rumors as elaborate as this turn out to be a farce, so it takes more than a bunch of safe bets--subject to change--to impress me.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah, IGN is the worst. At least GameFAQs has a few intelligent posters. IGN, nope.

Only GameFAQs and SmashBoards are active as far as Smash Bros. speculation is concerned.

IGN, Nsider2, NeoGAF's Smash Bros. thread are basically ghost towns half the time.
I stopped looking at SSB discussion on NS2 not too long after the Smash board there was unjustly retired (though I wasn't butthurt about it like most and it wasn't that active anyway, but it was moreso than the current thread) but before that, people mainly used the whole relevancy BS when it came to characters like Mewtwo and the "generation representation" thing when it came to Pokemon more than anything, so I didn't take the place as seriously as others.

Can't say much about those other mentioned sites as I've never been a big part of those, but I'm glad I haven't as they would've given me cancer from the sounds of it.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
This guy? Credible? That's rich

Hey guys, I'm half Japanese and my dad is stationed at Bamco's headquarters; he knows everything that'll be in the game guys please just believe me, believe me guys :rolleyes:

You know what's a good idea? If we all silently agree on making new accounts on Gamefaqs and start claiming that we are somehow affiliated with Namco-B/Nintendo/Freelancer that's involved in the game. We could go ahead and spout our opinions and everyone over there will believe us :troll:

This is Smash Prophets 2.0 all over again, I swear I can't comprehend how people find this remotely plausible. Then again Golden was right, this drought of info makes some fans of the series so thirsty for information; they'd be willing to hear anything from anybody.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Yep, information drought does have that effect on fans. They just want to hear something, so they'll jump on the first thing they hear

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Makes me suddenly think of how summer's heat can mess up with people's brains enough to affect their intelligence or self-control. (-=A=-);

Those guys at GameFAQs could have really like something else to think of that Smash Bros at the moment.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Source: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1800277-rumor-demo-being-prepared-for-e3-2013/

didnt wanna start a new thread for just a rumor..and since this is also a rumor thread..just wanna let you lot know that apparently theres another rumor going about...

that a demo is gonna be available at E3 2013 and that it could be released to the public!.. and that Sakurai got the message from how bad the online was and the story mode!.

just a rumor but i cant help but be very pleased even though its a rumor..i think we could be sure for a trailer with 1/4 of it having gameplay like the brawl trailer.but a demo? naa..

EDIT: Oww Wow..looks like that rumor came from Zelda informer too..them guys there must be real celebritys to know the game devs that well must be best uh friends...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Source: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/54475/t1800277-rumor-demo-being-prepared-for-e3-2013/

didnt wanna start a new thread for just a rumor..and since this is also a rumor thread..just wanna let you lot know that apparently theres another rumor going about...

that a demo is gonna be available at E3 2013 and that it could be released to the public!.. and that Sakurai got the message from how bad the online was and the story mode!.

just a rumor but i cant help but be very pleased even though its a rumor..

EDIT: Oww Wow..looks like that rumor came from Zelda informer too..them guys there must be real celebritys to know the game devs that well must be best uh friends...
That rumor is older than the current one we're talking about, it's generally agreed that due to the scope of the original article (it basically covers almost every major publisher's plans months/years in advance, which... almost no one would be privy to that kind of information so early), that it's fake.

And that's a very... generous... way of describing Zelda Informer. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom