• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

“What Offline, and Online can offer to you“

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
“What Offline, and Online can offer you“

So though my experience of mostly online, and sometimes offline with my friends. I have finally understood what it takes to be pretty dang wow.
As you all know offline is zero lag, and you can use your characters move's without hesitating. Now what does online bring to you? Well you have everybody in the world playing with you, and getting all kinds of match up practice with each character you face. Many times it's annoying really that you make that darn mistake, and sd. Then you got the person at the other side, saying what a scrub. I know wifi is a pain, but it helps even if you're struggling with your characters moves, and your style of game play. I also have that problem on wifi. I can hardly go all out, and look flashy. I look slow in my opinion, but when I'm playing with someone offline. I'm going quick reacting quickly, and got my Di under control. Wifi on the other hand isn't like that. Your di is terrible, and you think you reacted fast enough which you did, but it's wifi. You got lag joining you. Now what does this all mean. It means each part plays it's role. Wifi doesn't hurt you when you play offline. Wifi give's you practice with match up's and makes you experience new thing's with your character to try out with. Really when people say wifi combo's don't work offline. I say

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
You say what?? finish it off -.-
Oh right my apology's I saw that €> thought it was on the blog but it's just a code, so I didn't realize that I commented with the same story in contact with my comment.

:phone:

EDIT: wait it's still their???? I need to fix that. Guess it's not a code... Never mind

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I can't view GYK's posts because I have him ignored, but from what NeeBee said, I can safely assume it was of no importance.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Yeah It sure is. I don't know why you take my joke blogs seriously. As I call them, but from your're vision you see it as a childish prank done by a 12 year old. Seriously. Comment something usable. Not some childish acts please!

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Oh my god you don't even know the difference do you XD
You mind getting of this subject, and start acting more mannerly please, and yes I do know the difference. I just learned you guys are serious, and I'm starting to break that Wild.Barbaric. Envirnment you all aib.

You're is a contraction of you are.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Correct, and 'your' indicates possession by you.
Now, please educate me
What the **** is this ****

This looks like some french **** but I know it isn't some french ****
I'd ignore you from your're childish manner's but that wouldn't be the correct way to handle this situation.

I wasn't educating you. I was just responding to your're comment.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I saw that edit. I know you're doing it on purpose now XD
At least I can be relieved by the fact that your english isn't actually THAT terrible cause now I know you're doing it on purpose

Oh wait
your childish manner's
Maybe you're not doing it on purpose. Hmm.

Lol ok onto the real topic.
Wifi doesn't hurt you when you play offline.
Yes it does. For one, I know plenty of people in person that tell me that if they play on wifi too much, their timing (eg buffering, perfect shielding, etc) gets screwed up because of the wifi lag. Eventually you get back on track and you're playing offline without the 'wifi screw-ups', if you will, but the adjustment period spells a loss of productive practice that wouldn't occur if you only practiced offline.
Secondly, people are more likely to build up bad habits on wifi because if you lose, it's not a big deal, cause you're not playing for money.

Thirdly, even if the lag is minimal on wifi and the people you're playing against aren't scrubs...why not play online AND offline? I mean, aside from MU practice, offline practice is the perfect way to prepare for offline tournaments, because offline tournaments are offline. Do you even play offline?

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I saw that edit. I know you're doing it on purpose now XD
At least I can be relieved by the fact that your english isn't actually THAT terrible cause now I know you're doing it on purpose

Oh wait

Maybe you're not doing it on purpose. Hmm.

Lol ok onto the real topic.

Yes it does. For one, I know plenty of people in person that tell me that if they play on wifi too much, their timing (eg buffering, perfect shielding, etc) gets screwed up because of the wifi lag. Eventually you get back on track and you're playing offline without the 'wifi screw-ups', if you will, but the adjustment period spells a loss of productive practice that wouldn't occur if you only practiced offline.
Secondly, people are more likely to build up bad habits on wifi, because if you lose, it's not a big deal, cause you're not playing for money.

Thirdly, even if the lag is minimal on wifi and the people you're playing against aren't scrubs...why not play online AND offline? I mean, aside from MU practice, offline practice is the perfect way to prepare for offline tournaments, because offline tournaments are offline. Do you even play offline?
Yes Sir I do, but only when friends come over. I Agree with your opinion, but their are some players that can adapt to it wisely. I'll give you a perfect example. Ally, and ADHD. I'd love to play everybody offline, but many live in different countries, and heck some don't even live in America. I'm playing Yoshi, and you get that good match up, but I also play Metaknight, but I'm terrible with Metaknight. Yet I can go online, and find Zero, and play him. He has that Metaknight experense, and I don't. So your're getting Metaknight practice from me, but not the right style to adapt to when playing with someone offline.

EDIT: @Sunny No sir It's fine I actually like that how he correct's me, and how it will help me with my education, but I really don't mind him helping me with my mistakes.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So first you say that wifi is good because it gives you MU experience but then you also bring up how people use their scrubby secondaries online (your MK) so when playing these scrubby secondaries you get improper MU experience?

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS BLOG, WHAT IS YOUR POINT

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
...You totally miss'd my joke dude. :<

EDIT: I guess I might as well comment on this seriously.
So theres something I notced in the previous thread you made that really bugged me.

Lol good xD to play yoshi you need two things. Throw eggs, and pivot grab. If you want to add your own style then going ahead, but if you don't. Then play like the play you play yoshi. EGGS, GRABS, AND USMASH

This is the mentality of a yoshi that hasn't fought anyone good and supports Infinites theory that online players develop bad habits. I've had this mentality before. Yes those are his best moves, but 3 moves does not a character make. You need to utilize EVERY single thing yoshi has!

Double jump cancelled egg lays, tilts, jab cancel set ups. Every move has a use. Even the bad ones. If you don't mix things up and just assume you only need the best tools your playstyle will become very predictable. I still need to wifi you btw.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
So first you say that wifi is good because it gives you MU experience but then you also bring up how people use their scrubby secondaries online (your MK) so when playing these scrubby secondaries you get improper MU experience?

WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS BLOG, WHAT IS YOUR POINT
I told you my point Online, and Offline play parts to better you in tournaments.
What I said was this, if you play anyone offline, but doesn't know how to play that certain character in that form. Online has a hide choice of players. It's like having a one year shopping spree. In other words your making yourself better.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Apologies. Double posted. >w>
It's alright. Let's hope Hulk Hogan forgives you, and yes I play online mostly, and offline in some cases. It doesn't take a scientist to show you that you still aren't doing things right. You guys are to focused on people saying your the best, and you just stop their, and wave that around like you saved a life. Seriously to all pro's as you would call it. Start listening to others. They have great opinion's and even better thinking, and understanding about that certain character.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
What "pros" are you referring to that think that way? I consider people like Trela, FREesam, and polt pros. They've fought in tons of tourneys, and put in alot of effort to get where they are today. They don't live off there fame either. Esam and Espy are constantly advancing there characters metagame to help better the community. With all do respect, they got where they are because they listened to others, are now the best, and are willing to share the knowledge they gained with newcomers. They know there ****.

Of course they're gonna take what some randoms say with a grain of salt if they don't have results to back it up.

For example; If you wanted to learn how to run a business who would you get advice from? A successful company owner, or a hobo? Just saiyan.

Besides, you're not really suppose to give advice unless its asked for. This goes for everyone, not just pros.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
What "pros" are you referring to that think that way? I consider people like Trela, FREesam, and polt pros. They've fought in tons of tourneys, and put in alot of effort to get where they are today. They don't live off there fame either. Esam and Espy are constantly advancing there characters metagame to help better the community. With all do respect, they got where they are because they listened to others, are now the best, and are willing to share the knowledge they gained with newcomers. They know there ****.

Of course they're gonna take what some randoms say with a grain of salt if they don't have results to back it up.

For example; If you wanted to learn how to run a business who would you get advice from? A successful company owner, or a hobo? Just saiyan.

Besides, you're not really suppose to give advice unless its asked for. This goes for everyone, not just pros.
Funny you should say that. I don't consider no one a pro. Well I do, but I don't like to it wave it a lot. Also successful business men usually cheat to be where their at, and usually have a pretty solid life. Now that's not to all, but generally speaking it's true. Easm... huh dude is rude to other pika players, and shows no respect to them. I was just talking to him about Bxing, and he says he kinda sucks. ... What my Grandpa told me. A winner will stay a winner if he shows others they are winners.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
The amount of bad grammar in this thread is starting to bother me. <_<

*leaves*

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Thanks there new mod :laugh:
Mod huh, no I'm just telling you from my high Gpa, but you keep acting childish about people helping you.

Edit: Hulk Hogan or as he use to be called Teran. Your the one acting childish sir. So I'm sure he will infract you. Not me.

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

Got a problem.>.<
Please don't start with me about that. I've lived in the Ghetto Sir, and I know how to fight back, and win. That isn't the wise thing to do, but ignore how you act like a wannbe black person.

@ Falconv1.0 I'm not trying to get blog of the month. This isn't a joke blog.

Edit: Stop acting childish please

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜

Please don't start with me about that. I've lived in the Ghetto Sir, and I know how to fight back, and win. That isn't the wise thing to do, but ignore how you act like a wannabe black person.

@ Falconv1.0 I'm not trying to get blog of the month. This isn't a joke blog.

Edit: Stop acting childish please
It goes out to all of you!

Yeah I had a feeling that my popularity wasn't accurate like last time's blog. People bumping it was just embrassing to me.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I like how most people only post in GYK's threads to piss him off. Honestly, GYK and his antics.....

....is old news.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547