• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Do avatars not work anymore guys?
Must be one of those SWF days because a ton of things are breaking >_>

Considering half the mods here have avatar switching addictions it's probably already being looked at.

Also just because your avi is broke doesn't mean you will avoid my detecTion. Good to see ya again Mocha!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So. Reaper has thicc thighs that can end lives because he prefers to do deadlifts. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they gave him some serious quads because they were like "Well, he's edgelord the semi-joke character cranked up to 11, so what if he had some killer quads because he ONLY performs deadlifts."

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting to work on a few of the remaining things for University. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything done.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
BJN39 BJN39 FullMoon FullMoon

Yeah it's been awhile. How are you guys/everyone? Is SWF still alive in general or have most of us flocked to Discord?
I have no idea about discord. This place afaik is still pretty much here and not on discord. I'm not really sure about other boards, though.

I'm doing alright personally. :D Though school has begun again, I'm feeling less crappy and aimless now. Lost over 30lbs since late October, and I'm thinking I'll look into Chinese language/studies as a major.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I am now almost done with Stardust Crusaders now. :yeahboi:

Now onto the DIO arc now. And watching JoJo is strangely making me think of what Stand would have what power based on the name of a song.

Like Earth Song by Michael Jackson, Paninaro by Pet Shop Boys and even Hung Up by Madonna. I wonder what the powers of each Stand would be if they were named after those songs.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah that was me.
I've actually had the game since launch but I play solo most of the time.
dis gorl finks she's 2 kewl 4 the other gorls

wow

cricricri

BTW, someone made a nice Steven Universe thing. (spoilers technically maybe)

And BTW after the BTW, someone did a really elaborate RP while Overwatchin'. Like. What?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Square Enix had a couple of announcements for FF's 30th anniversary. All of this is on siliconera.com by the way. One, FFXII HD's release date is July 11 for all, but Japan which is July 13. Related to that, Balthier is going to be a DLC summon for World of Final Fantasy. It's cool, but it's kind of weird how FFXII and IX didn't have plot-related representation like all the other mainline FFs -- FFXV not having a rep makes sense since it was released after WoFF. I'm guessing there could have been scheduling issues like they couldn't get the voice actors and actresses for whoever they wanted to represent FFIX and XII. At the very least, I felt like they could have made DLC scenarios rather than just have FFXII and presumably FFIX be represented by only summonable characters. Well, hopefully when World of Final Fantasy 2 or its equivalent comes out to celebrate FF, all FFs can be represented.

Two, an update on FFVII with a screenshot of Cloud and Sephiroth. It's a weird resolution, 1924x1080, which I don't know if it's Siliconera's fault or what, but it's not too weird of a resolution and it's definitely a high enough resolution to be an awesome wallpaper.

Continuing on, KH3's also got a new screenshot as an update and Sora's pose might remind people of someone.
I'd like to add that Star Seeker looks amazing. KH3 and KH0.2 look amazing because of the art style and how the developers are handling it. Also, if I remember correctly, Sora always ran outside of combat at least in KH2 resting his Keyblade on his shoulder or behind his back like that. Pretty sure that in KH2, Sora's combat run had him hold his Keyblade at a high, angled guard similar to, I can't remember who else does this or how to describe it exactly, Masamune Date in Sengoku Basara.

And finally, FFXV DLC info and boss-themed cup noodles. Apparently, you can get an Ultima Weapon Fork if you're one of the 30 lucky people who purchase a 15-set cup noodle. Truly a fantasy based on noodles. Seriously, look at this thing. Part of me actually wants to see a FF protagonist have a fork for a weapon now. Hey, MGS3 proved that forks are dangerous weapons in the right hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Erw93sXPE. :p

Edit: I'm not sure if this was part of SE's FF 30th anniversary celebration, but if anyone is interested in the process of game development, the developers of Nier: Automata showed a prototype of the game and other information about the game. Warning since Nier is or probably will be rated M. Article: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/30/heres-nier-automatas-demo-looked-like-prototype-two-years-ago/.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Square Enix had a couple of announcements for FF's 30th anniversary. All of this is on siliconera.com by the way. One, FFXII HD's release date is July 11 for all, but Japan which is July 13. Related to that, Balthier is going to be a DLC summon for World of Final Fantasy. It's cool, but it's kind of weird how FFXII and IX didn't have plot-related representation like all the other mainline FFs -- FFXV not having a rep makes sense since it was released after WoFF. I'm guessing there could have been scheduling issues like they couldn't get the voice actors and actresses for whoever they wanted to represent FFIX and XII. At the very least, I felt like they could have made DLC scenarios rather than just have FFXII and presumably FFIX be represented by only summonable characters. Well, hopefully when World of Final Fantasy 2 or its equivalent comes out to celebrate FF, all FFs can be represented.

Two, an update on FFVII with a screenshot of Cloud and Sephiroth. It's a weird resolution, 1924x1080, which I don't know if it's Siliconera's fault or what, but it's not too weird of a resolution and it's definitely a high enough resolution to be an awesome wallpaper.

Continuing on, KH3's also got a new screenshot as an update and Sora's pose might remind people of someone.
I'd like to add that Star Seeker looks amazing. KH3 and KH0.2 look amazing because of the art style and how the developers are handling it. Also, if I remember correctly, Sora always ran outside of combat at least in KH2 resting his Keyblade on his shoulder or behind his back like that. Pretty sure that in KH2, Sora's combat run had him hold his Keyblade at a high, angled guard similar to, I can't remember who else does this or how to describe it exactly, Masamune Date in Sengoku Basara.

And finally, FFXV DLC info and boss-themed cup noodles. Apparently, you can get an Ultima Weapon Fork if you're one of the 30 lucky people who purchase a 15-set cup noodle. Truly a fantasy based on noodles. Seriously, look at this thing. Part of me actually wants to see a FF protagonist have a fork for a weapon now. Hey, MGS3 proved that forks are dangerous weapons in the right hands: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8Erw93sXPE. :p

Edit: I'm not sure if this was part of SE's FF 30th anniversary celebration, but if anyone is interested in the process of game development, the developers of Nier: Automata showed a prototype of the game and other information about the game. Warning since Nier is or probably will be rated M. Article: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/30/heres-nier-automatas-demo-looked-like-prototype-two-years-ago/.
FF12 omg pls help me it's one of my favorite FFs. It's nice it is finally getting remastered/PC ported.

So I just gotta finish up my list of games I wanna get and also save up... I just got FFX/FFX-2 remastered bundle and I'm thinking of the Tales of Beresia game too. Then there's The Switch and uuuuuuuuuuuugh.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
With the recent FE announcements, I decided to go back and play the Tellius games, specifically PoR since I've never played it (RD was my first one).
i could be finishing fates but....

I think I have the worst Ike ever.
View attachment 125440
seriously whaT is this strength stat
I checked the average stats and he's supposed to be at 11. For non-FE players being 5 points behind is like...super RNG screwed lol

to make up for it he's ahead 3 points in speed. But that doesn't help if he's hitting for 5 damage...on easy mode

oh I forgot to mention that his base strength is 5 with a 50% growth

why
I'm so mad rn
2017-02-01.png

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING
HE DIDN'T EVEN BREAK 10
oh well at least forge weapons exist

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Getting to work on the remaining lot for my University Assignment. Going to be working harder today and possibly tomorrow too.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
UM, u wut m8?
Interim Assistance General Manager,
(Operations,Maintenance,Transportation)
Assistance Inspection Director
Honolulu International Airport
300 Rodgers Boulevard,
Honolulu, HI 96819, USA

Hello Good Friend

Re: Your Abandoned Package For Delivery

I have very vital information to give to you, but first I must have your trust before I review it to you because it may cause me my job, so I need somebody that I can trust for me to be able to review the secret to you.

I am Mr.William Emmad, head of luggage/baggage storage facilities (Operations,Maintenance,Transportation) here at the Honolulu International Airport,Hawaii USA. During my recent withheld package routine check at the Airport Storage Vault, I discovered an abandoned shipment from a Diplomat from London and when scanned it revealed an undisclosed sum of money in a metal trunk box. The consignment was abandoned because the Contents of the consignment was not properly declared by the consignee as “MONEY” rather it was declared as personal effect to avoid interrogation and also the inability of the diplomat to pay for the United States Non Inspection Charges which is $3,700USD. On my assumption the consignment is still left in our Storage House here at the Honolulu International Airport,Hawaii till date. The details of the consignment including your name, your email address and the official documents from the United Nations office in Geneva are tagged on the Trunk box.

However, to enable me confirm if you are the actual recipient of this consignment as the assistant director of the Inspection Unit, I will advise you provide your current Phone Number and Full Address, to enable me cross check if it corresponds with the address on the official documents including the name of nearest Airport around your city. Please note that this consignment is supposed to have been returned to the United States Treasury Department as unclaimed delivery due to the delays in concluding the clearance processes so as a result of this, I will not be able to receive your details on my official email account. So in order words to enable me cross check your details, I will advise you send the required details to my private email address for quick processing and response. Once I confirm you as the actual recipient of the trunk box, I can get everything concluded within 48hours upon your acceptance and proceed to your address for delivery.

Lastly, be informed that the reason I have taken it upon myself to contact you personally about this abandoned consignment is because I want us to transact this business and share the money 70% for you and 30% for me since the consignment has not yet been returned to the United States Treasury Department after being abandoned by the diplomat so immediately the confirmation is made, I will go ahead and pay for the United States Non Inspection Fee of $3,700 dollars and arrange for the box to be delivered to your doorstep Or I can bring it by myself to avoid any more trouble but you have to assure me of my 30% share.

I wait to hear from you urgently if you are still alive and I will appreciate if we can keep this deal confidential. Please get back to me via my private Email: (documentationoffice76@yahoo.com) for further directives:

Thank you.

William Emmad
Interim Assistance General Manager,
(Operations,Maintenance,Transportation)
Assistance Inspection Director
Honolulu International Airport
300 Rodgers Boulevard,
Honolulu, HI 96819, USA

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
The story gets pretty hard to follow no matter what lol
The story of Kingdom Hearts.

"Everyone is you, except all the people that's all that other guy. Oh, and Final Fantasy characters. Now go beat Sephiroth's head in with a giant key shaped mallet with Jedi Mickey Mouse, you crazy clown shoe kid you!"

Then just sort of throw in "Amnesia is a highly contagious air borne disease" and that's basically what I got out from that 3DS Kingdom Hearts game.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The story of Kingdom Hearts.

"Everyone is you, except all the people that's all that other guy. Oh, and Final Fantasy characters. Now go beat Sephiroth's head in with a giant key shaped mallet with Jedi Mickey Mouse, you crazy clown shoe kid you!"

Then just sort of throw in "Amnesia is a highly contagious air borne disease" and that's basically what I got out from that 3DS Kingdom Hearts game.
wow spoilers

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
wow spoilers
The curse of 15 years of reveal trailers.

Someone could tell me that everything I just said isn't actually true at all and I'd take it at face value. DDD didn't really do a good job explaining anything other than "Stuff Happened, this mouse is your boss, go play with the TWEWY characters because Square Enix won't make a sequel".

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
The curse of 15 years of reveal trailers.

Someone could tell me that everything I just said isn't actually true at all and I'd take it at face value. DDD didn't really do a good job explaining anything other than "Stuff Happened, this mouse is your boss, go play with the TWEWY characters because Square Enix won't make a sequel".
Is King Dedede president of Square Enix now?

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I actually tried out the mobile game a while ago. It was fun for a while but the microtransactions were a bit much.

The story on the other hand, doesn't make any sense.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Has anyone here played KH 2.8?

Is it worth buying?
Tru. I'll probably wait for the KH 1.5+2.5 HD Collection that's coming out this year.
I was going to ask if you played or if you want to play 3D Dream Drop Distance, but seeing this post makes me want to ask more questions. If you haven't played any of them, then get the first two collections. If you played the main 2 games, then sure since outside of BbS and 3D Dream Drop Distance, the others are kind of "filler" lore which while helpful can be convoluted because of how KH went from simple light vs. dark and good vs. evil as darkness wasn't really evil as proven in CoM, KH2, and technically BbS, but someone got played hard to back-up plans upon back-up plans thy name is Xehanort and a world history that reminds me of Star Wars. If you really, really want to know about the lore, then get the earlier collections before 2.8 for Re:Chain of Memories and the "movie" versions of 358/2 Days and Re:Coded. If you just want to play KH, especially a taste of KH3, then go ahead since 0.2: Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage- is the closest thing to a KH3 demo. Although, FFXV was said when it was Versus XIII, that stuff that didn't work for it, would be used/tried for KH3 and FFXV is kind of a KH game, but "slower". For all intents and purposes, KH0.2 is the equivalent to FFXV's Episode Duscae and MGSV's Ground Zeroes, except it's part of a collection that includes another game and a movie, the X / chi-based film which serves as the backstory to the entire freaking series as if BbS wasn't enough of a prequel, that wasn't originally a game like in KH1.5 and 2.5.

Other things to consider: do you want to play as Riku or anyone who isn't Sora? If so, then for Riku, your only options are CoM (GBA-only) and Re:CoM (PS2 and part of KH1.5), 358/2 Days (DS-only as in KH2.5, is only a movie), the end of KH2, and 3DDDD -- wow, that looks absolutely stupid as an acronym. If so, but for non-Sora characters, then add KH2 again as you play as Roxas in the beginning and can play as Mickey under certain circumstances and BbS (PSP and KH2.5) for Aqua, Terra, and Ventus, and KH0.2 (PS4-only) for Aqua. Also, some of the games are different in style; KH is the base game, KH2 is more action-y, CoM is a "card-based" game, BbS and KH0.2 which continues from it, but also is a demo for KH3 are more tactical and to some, considered the more difficult KH games, and 3DDDD basically has Pokémon elements since party members are replaced by them. Not sure on 358/2 Days or coded. And finally, in regards to only BbS and KH0.2: can you say "No" to this smile?

Given the options since there is going to be the KH 1.5 + 2.5 thing, you might as well just save up and buy all the collections. The only problem is outside of money and not liking some of the games is that 358/2 Days and Re:Coded are not included as games and you can't play CoM as it was on GBA, a 2D, sprite-based game instead of the reworked Re:CoM which is a 3D-modeled game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom