• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The final member of the Puff Posse.

Now with her own trailer.

Now I'm torn between maining Miguel who's just badass and MANLY and Eliza who's just ridiculous. Also, people have been guessing that Eliza apparently will have meter like Akuma and saying that she has (since Revolution) a Reppuken. Part of me really wants to see Eliza in KoF XIV and maybe Street Fighter V now. Her moveset in Tekken Revolution if anyone's curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SZmaFTVO8.

Last edited:

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
I agree with Gimr on the whole subject for Arms for EVO.
We should be grateful for having not one, but TWO Smash games at EVO.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Just going to put everything I've done so far onto my University website and hopefully catch up with everything else I've missed or need to be submit. Since it all has to be in before the 3rd of February, I can ask for an extension if I'm struggling. Hopefully I don't have to ask for an extension and I can get it all done before the deadline.

Also, for that 9th EVO Game. I don't mind what they go with, be it Marvel 3, ARMS or SkullGirls; I'm not fussed. It'd be cool to see ARMS appear competitively, since we probably won't have to see MorriDoom again in UMvC3. SkullGirls I wouldn't mind seeing, my main team for that was Peacock/Cerebella/Squigly. Squigly was my favourite character out of them all.

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I'd love to see Arms at EVO next year, but this year, it really shouldn't go.
I want Pokken to win, that game needs all the representation it can get

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
How would you feel if I said Dorcas was ranked 18th in a poll of FE guys?
Dorcas could be popular for a few reasons.

1) Character wise he was a good dude just trying to support his lady, but was desperate for money, so he did bandit-y things. He's not a typical testosterone-poisoned dude either, he's pretty chill.

2) His portrait kinda makes him look like a stoner. Like, he's perpetually in a state of "Dude, whaaat?"

3) His name sounds like DORK and A**. JAJAJA SO FUNNIE WUDDA DORK-AS*!!! It's ok to cringe.

4) He is super tall. Super wide. Super strong. Oh and, thanks to a friend I also found out there's a game featuring him. So... I'm guessing he's popular for bara reasons. So we'll add super bara to the list of reasons why people could like him.

5) A good unit and he doesn't pop by late, growths are pretty standard. (Fighters are one of my favorite classes... Yes, even Boobs McKenzie from Fates - though she's my favorite from a lolsofunny point of view. Really any axe fighter is cool in my book. Hector for Fire Emblem Warriors pls.)

Now with her own trailer.

Now I'm torn between maining Miguel who's just badass and MANLY and Eliza who's just ridiculous. Also, people have been guessing that Eliza apparently will have meter like Akuma and saying that she has (since Revolution) a Reppuken. Part of me really wants to see Eliza in KoF XIV and maybe Street Fighter V now. Her moveset in Tekken Revolution if anyone's curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SZmaFTVO8.
I like Miguel because he is manly but doesn't have an outright super-pretty-out-of-place face. He has strong features. Though most males in fighting games look like they're testosterone-poisoned. Which is OK by me.

Apparently, there are plans to buff/fix Bastion

Really indifferent about the 9th game for EVO. They can do whatever
I mean, it was apparent they would eventually do something to him. They just didn't have any meaningful non-broken changes to give him for the PTR yet.

I gotta give props to the mods/devs/etc who post there though. One whiny baby with an entitlement-complex is pretty hard to deal with. But an entire flash mob of them? Jeez. RIP.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
New Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:
My friends and mine plans fell through for PAX East. :/

I'm gonna have to sell the tickets off....again....

I agree with Gimr on the whole subject for Arms for EVO.
We should be grateful for having not one, but TWO Smash games at EVO.
Seems like an odd thing to be tweeting about, honestly. When did he do this?

Cause I've been looking at the numbers on and off since the community vote was announced; ARMS made some meme money in the first 5 hours, but it's been at that ~$1,200 to 1,300 range for nearing 30 hours now of a campaign that's been open for about 36.

Nintendo will probably have ARMS at EVO as a side tournament like all the other fighting games do, anyway.

Part of me really wants to see Eliza in KoF XIV and maybe Street Fighter V now.
Honestly if we're throwing vampires into SFV, I'd like Demitri instead. Eliza would be an odd Tekken choice in exchange for Akuma.

I'd love to see Arms at EVO next year, but this year, it really shouldn't go.
I want Pokken to win, that game needs all the representation it can get
Did they ever do anything any balancing to prevent the same timeout strat?

I gotta give props to the mods/devs/etc who post there though. One whiny baby with an entitlement-complex is pretty hard to deal with. But an entire flash mob of them? Jeez. RIP.
Yeah. Didn't know that there was anyone with that much tolerance for that crap. That forum (Battle net OW) has also shown me that D.Va mains are the worst :s

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968

I don't remember what that is exactly. Do you mean the Shadow Mewtwo stalling glitch with repeated pillars of light? That was patched out.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Honestly even though Arms looks interesting, I definitely wouldn't want to see it at EVO (as a side game is fine tho, but not as a main one). I laughed when I first saw that pic for 5 minutes straight just because it just doesn't seem like it should even be a game with a competitive scene. But if it actually did win the 9th slot I'd die from laughing. And if BuudhaGorl was serious about me playing it there if it won, I'm going to be out of the country then. Otherwise I may have had a chance of actually going.

But where's mah P4AU at
I don't think the game has gotten a single update from last EVO. Pokken should just die off since it isn't going to go anywhere meaningful, it hasn't gotten any DLC or recent updates, it stopped existing less than a month of its release, and it's just too much work to set up for a tournament.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
So apparently I'm going to a tourney and Gains is my first opponent and I haven't played this game as much as I used to

MY ANXIETY

So does anyone want to play? :happysheep:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
How would you feel if I said Dorcas was ranked 18th in a poll of FE guys?
Erikia at sixth though for FE girls.

My votes are working!

I don't remember what that is exactly. Do you mean the Shadow Mewtwo stalling glitch with repeated pillars of light? That was patched out.
I mean the Braixen w/ Yveltal strategy from EVO that bodied Killer Instinct Top 8.

But where's mah P4AU at
Hey look another fighting game I wish got a PC port so I could actually play it.

...but, like, if you do want an answer to that, tomorrow at Frosty Faustings.

They're even running a Tatsunoko vs Capcom tournament, plus some midday exhibition matches before it.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Yeah. Didn't know that there was anyone with that much tolerance for that crap. That forum (Battle net OW) has also shown me that D.Va mains are the worst :s
I think you meant to say Gonjo mains. :^)

Though D.Va mains kind of do have a reason to actually be pissed, as well as the people who know why D.Va was picked the most next to Reinhardt. She was picked to counter Soldier76, since now he is too good. The best DPS. The triple tank meta exists because he can solo DPS. D.Va's matrix can cut down his Ult, but then she'd take bullets to the face and almost die. It was important for her to be that bulky because Soldier76's higher damage means he gets his Ult even faster than before... And he already got it at a very fast pace (he may as well be the Mercy of Offense in terms of how fast he gets his Ult).

D.Va was garbage. With garbage everything.
So she got a rework and everyone complained because she became kind of viable again.
She got nerfed. People were like oh OK.
She got buffed because they realized she was still garbage after the rework anyway.
People were like "oh no now she's 100% viable like Reinhardt it's OK if it's Reinhardt but not D.Va omgomgomg!"
So they nerfed her just a bit too much (+100 HP/-100 armor would've made more sense since her critbox is impossible to miss).

TBH they should've tried giving her pilot form 125HP and less damage from her gun. Getting her out of mech was never hard unless she was being focus healed, keeping her out of her mech was hard since she could still be a threat and would get Ult-charge super quick. Also when she was out of her mech, she wasn't exactly useless to her team like she should be. Even though her damage isn't high it's still enough to contribute to a fight and win/stay alive.

Big blob of text aside, D.Va's nerfs are not TOO bad. In fact her gun is nicer than before, despite the minuscule DPS nerf. Her damage is now even better on smaller targets, but not as good on big targets. It's just Soldier76 has been indirectly buffed because of her weird nerf, and he was already dangerously teetering towards the OP side. His only hard counter is now a soft-counter at best. But Rein is also a soft-counter, and he is actually 100% viable so... Whoops.

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
D.Va got needed because she simply did too much. That's the reason the devs gave for her nerfs and I'd be inclined to agree with them. Yeah, her viability hasn't been that great throughout the games lifespan, but that doesn't make her suddenly immune to nerfs when she gets overbuffed. D.Va mains are acting like her nerfs are the end of the world, but the devs have already said that they'll fix her if the nerfs are too much.

I'm sure Soldier nerfs will be coming soon because he's way too powerful atm. Here's to hoping they address Symmetra's stupid disengage range, too. The fact that a full clip for her gun lasts like 15 seconds is also lol.

Agreed that Genji and Hanzo mains are generally two of the worst Overwatch main groups. Also shout out to Mercy mains for mentioning that they main her in every single post they make.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
D.Va got needed because she simply did too much. That's the reason the devs gave for her nerfs and I'd be inclined to agree with them. Yeah, her viability hasn't been that great throughout the games lifespan, but that doesn't make her suddenly immune to nerfs when she gets overbuffed. D.Va mains are acting like her nerfs are the end of the world, but the devs have already said that they'll fix her if the nerfs are too much.

I'm sure Soldier nerfs will be coming soon because he's way too powerful atm. Here's to hoping they address Symmetra's stupid disengage range, too. The fact that a full clip for her gun lasts like 15 seconds is also lol.

Agreed that Genji and Hanzo mains are generally two of the worst Overwatch main groups. Also shout out to Mercy mains for mentioning that they main her in every single post they make.
I think they should just lessen how much of a space she has within her field of vision. Similar to Winston. He can hit most people in his FoV, but not from top to bottom of his FoV. Symmetra's inital lock isn't her entire FoV, but it can stay locked in if they're in her FoV. Just make it work like Winston's Tesla and it'll be fine. Maybe make her gun consume ammo a bit more if she has higher charge, but then make her reload 1.5 instead of 1.8 for whatever reason.

Though D.Va nerfs aren't bad. It's just they did it without touching Soldier76. TBH all they need to do is make her Defense Matrix more consistent and she's fine otherwise. Sometimes it eats bullets or projectiles, sometimes it doesn't. I could use it in the same exact situation with the same exact projectile, but that doesn't guarantee it will eat the projectile every single time. Like. I can only save Cress half the time when dat gorl gets hooked and I'm just left there going "Oh OK. **** me and my Defense Matrix then, right?"

Either way, the complaining is hardly the worst compared to Gonjos. And it's not as bad as the obnoxiousness of "Nerf Symmetra! IDC if she is easily countered by range I want her nerfed back to prebuff bcuz IDK what 7m is and IDK how to NOT mash my face into her gun so just nerf her already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET THAT DPS DATA OUT OF HERE I DON'T WANT FACTS ONLY NERFS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I laugh every time and it encourages me to main Symmetra, tbh.

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Also shout out to Mercy mains for mentioning that they main her in every single post they make.
That's because it's a meme along with "surprising amount of damage." r/OverwatchCirclejerk has more than enough of both of those memes if you ever need more for whatever reason.

mercy main btw

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I think they should just lessen how much of a space she has within her field of vision. Similar to Winston. He can hit most people in his FoV, but not from top to bottom of his FoV. Symmetra's inital lock isn't her entire FoV, but it can stay locked in if they're in her FoV. Just make it work like Winston's Tesla and it'll be fine. Maybe make her gun consume ammo a bit more if she has higher charge, but then make her reload 1.5 instead of 1.8 for whatever reason.

Though D.Va nerfs aren't bad. It's just they did it without touching Soldier76. TBH all they need to do is make her Defense Matrix more consistent and she's fine otherwise. Sometimes it eats bullets or projectiles, sometimes it doesn't. I could use it in the same exact situation with the same exact projectile, but that doesn't guarantee it will eat the projectile every single time. Like. I can only save Cress half the time when dat gorl gets hooked and I'm just left there going "Oh OK. **** me and my Defense Matrix then, right?"

Either way, the complaining is hardly the worst compared to Gonjos. And it's not as bad as the obnoxiousness of "Nerf Symmetra! IDC if she is easily countered by range I want her nerfed back to prebuff bcuz IDK what 7m is and IDK how to NOT mash my face into her gun so just nerf her already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA GET THAT DPS DATA OUT OF HERE I DON'T WANT FACTS ONLY NERFS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

I laugh every time and it encourages me to main Symmetra, tbh.
Symmetra's beam can be kinda dumb sometimes, like when it goes around corners and stuff like that. I've seen gfycats of it killing people through mei walls and it following people when they go behind symmetra

i looked up the numbers and apparently symmetra's entire clip lasts 12 seconds. it takes 2 seconds to get up to full charge, so she has 10 seconds of aimless damage

I've never had any issues with defense matrix not blocking anything, but i do know that there's like a meter or so directly in front of the cockpit that isn't shielded by the matrix. i assume that's there so she can't block roadhog's shots after he hooks her and other stuff like that. also, the defense matrix doesn't cover her entire hurtbox, so you can still be hit at the places the matrix doesn't cover. maybe that's what's happening with your matrix not eating things? and imo it's kinda hard to tell how far defense matrix actually extends in front of d.va. like, most of the time i'll overestimate its range and try to block stuff that's too far away.

i get that symmetra's whole thing is that you need to respect her range, but the fact that lucio's speed boost and soldier's run can't even escape her beam is not okay. all they would have to do is just nerf the disengage to 8 or 9 meters instead of 10. i enjoy playing symmetra and use her somewhat often (love her new 旗袍 skin), but i think it'd be better for the game if her beam's disengage wasn't insane.

That's because it's a meme along with "surprising amount of damage." r/OverwatchCirclejerk has more than enough of both of those memes if you ever need more for whatever reason.

mercy main btw
gorl, i'm not stupid

it's still 100% true that mercy mains unironically say things like, "as a mercy main, ..." in like all of their posts.
it's like they need validation or something

mercy's pistol does a surprising amount of damage
mercy main btw

Last edited:
I think you meant to say Gonjo mains. :^)

Though D.Va mains kind of do have a reason to actually be pissed, as well as the people who know why D.Va was picked the most next to Reinhardt. She was picked to counter Soldier76, since now he is too good. The best DPS. The triple tank meta exists because he can solo DPS. D.Va's matrix can cut down his Ult, but then she'd take bullets to the face and almost die. It was important for her to be that bulky because Soldier76's higher damage means he gets his Ult even faster than before... And he already got it at a very fast pace (he may as well be the Mercy of Offense in terms of how fast he gets his Ult).

D.Va was garbage. With garbage everything.
So she got a rework and everyone complained because she became kind of viable again.
She got nerfed. People were like oh OK.
She got buffed because they realized she was still garbage after the rework anyway.
People were like "oh no now she's 100% viable like Reinhardt it's OK if it's Reinhardt but not D.Va omgomgomg!"
So they nerfed her just a bit too much (+100 HP/-100 armor would've made more sense since her critbox is impossible to miss).

TBH they should've tried giving her pilot form 125HP and less damage from her gun. Getting her out of mech was never hard unless she was being focus healed, keeping her out of her mech was hard since she could still be a threat and would get Ult-charge super quick. Also when she was out of her mech, she wasn't exactly useless to her team like she should be. Even though her damage isn't high it's still enough to contribute to a fight and win/stay alive.

Big blob of text aside, D.Va's nerfs are not TOO bad. In fact her gun is nicer than before, despite the minuscule DPS nerf. Her damage is now even better on smaller targets, but not as good on big targets. It's just Soldier76 has been indirectly buffed because of her weird nerf, and he was already dangerously teetering towards the OP side. His only hard counter is now a soft-counter at best. But Rein is also a soft-counter, and he is actually 100% viable so... Whoops.
D.Va single-handedly invalidated most, if not all, of the DPS in the game.

Triple-Tank worked as well as it did for a couple of reasons:
1) Traditional DPS like McCree were becoming a liability to the team, because the DPS's value was inconsistent with D.Va running amok.
2) Roadhog's ability to secure a nearly guaranteed kill with every hook and D.Va's inability to block it was enough value to cement his spot as a primary DPS in the line-up.
3) The tank's overall large health-pool coupled with Ana's large bursts of healing was enough to out-sustain other line-ups with lower total health-pools.

Those three reasons are essentially why a lot of heroes were straight-up not used and why triple-tank, and even sometimes quad-tank, was so dominant. That isn't even mentioning Soldier, because Soldier was never really the problem. If you wanna talk about best DPS at the time, I would say Roadhog wins that medal 10 out of 10 times.

I guess I should also say that giving Zero-Suit D.Va lower health and/or lower damage does nothing meaningful; it just makes her worse for no reason.

Edit: Mercy main btw

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
It's kinda hard to "main" Genji. DPS is so common and playing him can really beat hot or cold depending on the enemy team composition.

I also think DVa is still pretty good, but I've only been playing for a one month so don't mind me.

:150:

dva invalidated a lot of the dps in the game tho barring mei. zarya wasn't suppose to be as meta as she was in the previous patch but she was because 76 couldn't do much against dva sitting on face. zarya could actually deal with dva so here we are with 4-tank 2-support. i'd also want to add but theoretically if dva remained to have 400 armor 100 health, she'd be op because zarya was nerfed at the time and so was mei. no one at that time countered her except those 2. roadhog can't one shot dva, rein can't counter dva because he has to protect his team, reaper is.... lolno so uh.. yeah, soldier gets cucked by matrix

i think if they modified the cooldown of boosters, maybe make it shorter, dva would be perfectly fine. winston's leap is really good because even if it's on a 6 second cooldown, the cooldown starts once you initiate the leap so the effective cooldown can actually go down to 4 seconds or possibly less. that's why winston is a good and rewarding hero. if you can time and space your leaps correctly, you can dive in and disrupt then dive out before they can kill you. it also helps that while leaping, winston is like... SUPER FAST while dva when she's flying is surprisngly slow as **** (although her boosters have more flexibilty than leap). dva's cooldown only starts when you cut-off or drain your booster duration so her effective cooldown ranges from 5.01-7 seconds. 5 seconds and up is enough time for anyone to kill anything. worse, if dva tried to escape, she's still easy to hit while she's using boosters because despite its flexibility, it's slow enough that anyone can still just unload at it without missing

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Looking through some of my work and what I've got to submit. Hopefully I won't have that much left to submit before I get onto the big chunk of my assignment. Which is creating a life size concept of my design, I'll get to during the weekend and then a 5000 word essay. This is going to be one hell of a challenge next week.

Also, I may actually consider picking up Villager now. She's pretty fun and that UTilt is such a nice kill confirm off of a read. <3
Since I decided to give her a whirl against Koiba in some friendlies. I got beaten pretty hard in most of the matches.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
So. Just played a game where a Zarya said "Ana is necessary." I say I can solo heal as Mercy. "Mercy is usesless."

I get a game saving PoTG rez.
I get a card with 28% Rez'd deaths because I kept them alive (along with Rein ofc).
Gold heals/Bronze obj elims. (but there was a Lucio so ez healz)

But ye. Mercy is useless. :^)

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
I mean, compared to the utility the other healers offer, Mercy is pretty awful

But her and Ana are the best two solo healers, so that gorl can shut ha dirTy mouth

I wish they'd give Mercy another ability cricricri

Also her new golden skin is gorgeous and I love it

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
So. Just played a game where a Zarya said "Ana is necessary." I say I can solo heal as Mercy. "Mercy is usesless."

I get a game saving PoTG rez.
I get a card with 28% Rez'd deaths because I kept them alive (along with Rein ofc).
Gold heals/Bronze obj elims. (but there was a Lucio so ez healz)

But ye. Mercy is useless. :^)
But r u a mercy main??????????????????????????????????????????????¿

Really though Mercy isn't that bad until you get to Masters/Grandmasters, MAYBE Diamond as well. But for us Gold/Plat gorls, she's still gr8.
she also does a surprising amount of damage mercy main btw

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
This whole new ruleset thing makes me so mad and sad at the same time.
I might quit Smash 4 for good.
:196:

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
This whole new ruleset thing makes me so mad and sad at the same time.
I might quit Smash 4 for good.
:196:
*Checks some of the new rulesets*

Oh dear. Lylat and Duck Hunt banned. That ain't good.

At least it isn't set in stone yet. There can still be changes made to the ruleset to appease everyone.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
But r u a mercy main??????????????????????????????????????????????¿

Really though Mercy isn't that bad until you get to Masters/Grandmasters, MAYBE Diamond as well. But for us Gold/Plat gorls, she's still gr8.
she also does a surprising amount of damage mercy main btw
I think 100DPS is surprisingly high and gr8. I mean, what other character can achieve 100 Decents Per Second?

BTW a friend is sending me random pics and saying things like "new skin when?" This is one of them because it's not like everyone saw it or anything.

But in all honesty, I'd rather get this as Reyes' new skin before the lewd swimsuit.

Irony/lols before lewds. Always. I really hope we get an April Fools event so we can get out-of-place outfits on characters. Which means! We could finally get things like Dorkmetra and Roadhunk. :^)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Late replies!
I like Miguel because he is manly but doesn't have an outright super-pretty-out-of-place face. He has strong features. Though most males in fighting games look like they're testosterone-poisoned. Which is OK by me.
Yeah, the whole testoserone-poisoned thing Tekken and Soul Calibur since IV's been doing has put me off with some (read: most) of the male cast.
For someone like Miguel or Bryan, Kazuya, Mitsurugi, Paul, etc., sure, muscled, built like tree MANLY men are fine, but then you have characters like Hwoarang / Yun-Seong, Law, and Steve who could and in my opinion should be built in differently. Hwoarang and Yun-Seong really should be lean, but muscled which they were until Soul Calibur IV for Yun-Seong and before Tekken 6? for Hwoarang. Lean muscles makes sense for fighters who want to be fast and not have too many muscles getting in their way, instead, they're, especially Yun-Seong, meatheads. Law is based on Bruce Lee. People have seen Bruce Lee's body, right? Dude was jacked, but lean. Why? He focused on the muscles that would benefit him as a martial artist not as a bodybuilder some of whom even aspire to have bodies like Bruce Lee because it's so beautifully cut. Law's body more bulky compared to Bruce Lee's, Fei Long's in SF, and Law's in SFxT which probably was just Fei's model, but altered. Steve kind of fits the whole lean muscles thing. Boxers, like most martial artists and including heavyweights, tend to not be overly muscled which makes sense since they want to hit and/or move fast.

They're games, so whatever and you kind of want to have fighters be cut in impressive ways, however, it would have been nice to have different body types within reason e.g. not having little Gons and Yodas run amuck and in consideration to the developer's time constraints. Speaking of which, I can't recall a muscular female character in SC or Tekken or any other fighting game off the top of my head besides SF which has R. Mika and one of the EX characters with her conceptual redesign. By muscular, I'm talking like R. Mika and Zarya who have noticeable muscles or a muscular build and not, I don't know, Chun-Li -- all thighs. Huh, basically an inverse here...

Honestly if we're throwing vampires into SFV, I'd like Demitri instead. Eliza would be an odd Tekken choice in exchange for Akuma.
I think I'm in the whole funny vampires mood considering sleepy Eliza and Hikari from Interviews with Monster Girls (Demi-chan wa Kararitai) -- basically, a slice of life with monster people from what little snippets I've seen. In Eliza's case, it's just how goofy she is. It's the thought of, "Huh, I wonder how'd that work?" Anyway, Demitri as a vampire character and pretty much anyone from Darkstalkers or Rival Schools would be a better choice. Any other "known" character like Akira, Heihachi, Kasumi, Kyo, Ragna, Sol, and Sub-Zero from other series would make more sense too.

Also, I find it funny how Akuma is in Tekken 7, wanted by one of KoF XIV's developers if a (Street Fighter) guest character were to appear, and wanted by SF players when he wasn't in S1 of SFV. At this rate, Akuma should guest-star and might as well be made canon in all fighting games. Meanwhile, Ryu who only guest-starred in one recent fighting game: Smash 4. :p

Not late reply.

So wait, why are people looking to ban even more stages in Smash 4? Stages that are fine stages?
Because apparently, from what I've glanced over in the CCI thread today, Dream Land is redundant (despite being proven to be different enough from Battlefield in meaningful ways), Duck Hunt is degenerate, and people hate Lylat Cruise as usual. Duck Hunt could be argued, especially for Little Mac mains who could potentially always have to ban the stage, but the others... Not so much. Dream Land is proven to be different from Battlefield despite sharing a layout and Lylat Cruise while its dynamic environment can make recovering difficult can be used to disrupt projectile users, zoners, which is especially helpful for rushdown and/or projectile-lacking characters.

Last edited:

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
To be honest, I don't think Duck Hunt can be argued. Just because it's not the same style and doesn't work for 2 very unpopular character because of the tree doesn't mean that this should be banned. Plus, the birds are out for a while! 2017 is just going to be Smashille isn't it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom