• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Zelda Social: But also the FE Heroes Internet Cafe

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Morning girls. How's everyone doing? :4zelda:

Going to be putting as much of my work as I can up today and then work on the big bulk over the remainder of the weekend and next week.

And were still discussing about the new ruleset. The whole idea of removing DSR and the Gentleman's Rule is really dumb. Especially considering the fact that if those are removed, then we'll just see the same old stage like all of you are mentioning. Smashville.

Banning Dream Land if Battlefield is banned is not a very good idea. Since they're limiting the amount of stages you can go to. I'm guessing if FD is banned, all of the legal Omega stages are banned too. And banning Lylat and DH is questionable too.

Thankfully its not set in stone yet. So there can still be changes made to this. Hopefully they'll fix the DSR and Gentleman's Rule issue and not continue with some of these rules they've added.

The only ruleset I'm happy with is the fact that they're allowing more controller options. That's a good idea.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what stages I should be banning/picking against luigi?
Smashville, Final Destination, and possibly Lylat for picking, I'd assume.

He's close enough to Mario that you don't really want the platforms for combo extension purposes nor low ceilings for kill moves, and Lylat (and to a lesser extent Smashville, what with some moving platform shenanigans to set up from when he's doing it) can help nerf his ability to recover with side-b.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
multitwitch.tv/lugiacorp/smashfactorgaming
I'm at that tournament and might do a bit of commentary later.

I think there's a third stream but I don't kniw which one it is
:196:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I...think I speak for the majority here when I say we don't need to ban stages for toxicity. The true issue in this metagame is unfair moves like Din's Fire and Phantom Slash, BOTH OF WHICH Zelda unfairly wields. They try and change the rules to counteracT ha broken reign, but this will only make it worse.

By limiting the stages choices, players will be forced to suffer as these broken moves ravage all MUs with no counterpick. We are driving our players toward quitting by keeping this up. The only option we have is to BAN•ZELDA. Only that would fix this metagame. Not stages, Zelda.

:secretkpop:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Well, that was an update and a half. That's what I get for ignoring Falco like the plague, though. A couple more Falco players on the list and one of them appropriately goes by the tag: Bread. Dude plays other characters, but a Falco player by the tag of Bread is amusing. All we need now are some (notable) players competing under the tag Air Falco and Happy Feet. Huh, that reminds me: I don't think I've ever seen a Ganondorf player called Das Boot.

Anyway, old news, but Ni no Kuni 2 being announced for PC is awesome. Now, if only they can get the first game and perhaps other Level-5 games on PC kind of like what Square Enix did with their older, mostly Final Fantasy titles. The only game that I can think of off the top of my head that really should have a port sometime soon is Rogue Galaxy. Never got to play that game.

Also, Kingdom Hearts 0.2: A Fragmentary Passage getting a balance update reminds me of Devil May Cry 3. DMC3's initial release, Dante's Awakening, outside of Japan had a twisted difficulty -- easy was normal, normal was hard, etc. -- which apparently was too hard, so when Special Edition was released, the difficulties were made normal like in the Japanese version of DA. SE probably won't do as extensive of testing using KH 0.2 for KH3 like they did with FFXV's prologue -- for one, Aqua's the playable character, so she functions differently than Sora and the combat system is apparently more like BBS than probably whatever KH3 will be --, but it's interesting that they apparently made the game too hard on Proud and Critical Modes. That being said, they probably will take some feedback. Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/2...-various-adjustments-bbs-fragmentary-passage/.

Well, watched some of Frosty Faustings. Mostly KoF XIV and SFV and some of Blazblue: CF and Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. Missed the end of KoF XIV, but I can always catch that on YouTube -- hopefully. Still disappointed that I can't seem to find any high-level Nelson gameplay. I can find high-level gameplay of Alice and King which makes sense since King's kind of a staple and generally an all-around good character, but Nelson's nonexistent. Team South America is pretty much absent despite Bandeiras apparently being a sleeper and Zarina being all right. Oh well.

Y'know, I'm starting to realize that I'm probably more of a KoF player despite not being any good at it. I just like the art style, characters, the gameplay, and music. Meanwhile, I know I'm probably going to be pissed if I play SFV -- ignoring its mechanical issues like unreasonably long loading times --, I'm bothered by Tekken 7's recycled audio clips for characters, and I both hate and like Falco which made me realize that I don't care for 99% of the cast in Smash which is a problem I have with Blazblue, DoA, Guilty Gear, Marvel, and Skullgirls; Injustice, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat are irrelevant to me. Soul Calibur is dead at the moment. Hopefully, it won't go the way of Bloody Roar. Also, Dissidia, which was on a system I never owned while the sequel looks pretty crappy compared to the PSP games.

At a certain point, it dawned on me that with Smash, I only have 3-ish characters I genuinely like: Falco, Ike, and Wolf, but Falco's FUBAR'd in the stupidest of ways since Melee, Ike's no longer enjoyable to play anymore, and Wolf isn't in Smash 4. Snake was pretty much fanservice to me. Add in that I like being able to pressure shields / blocks, but that's not really doable in a way similar to other fighting games or in previous Smash games. It's come to the point where Smash is a series I like and have a history with, but do not enjoy playing casually or competitively -- basically, at all. At that point, I should probably stop (which I pretty much did). I'll be around, but with a more hands off approach. Observing and stuff.

Thinking of getting into KoF XIV sometime in the future. Have to figure out if there's even a KoF scene in barren ol' Wisconsin. Damn place barely even has a SF scene; Smash scene is all right I think. I don't want to default to SF like some people do. If I did, I'm going to set myself up for more rage failure in a similar way to Smash. I only really care about Juri and Karin while Alex who was nerfed in S2, Laura, and Rashid are only interesting to me. Juri's essentially the Falco of SFV for me, so she's going to piss me off in some way or another while Karin could end up being like an Ike to me as a character who is viable, but not the character I like and like playing. Whatever.

TL;DR: Ffamran has a game crisis, rambles to himself out loud, and posts it for some reason.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
With the recent FE announcements, I decided to go back and play the Tellius games, specifically PoR since I've never played it (RD was my first one).
i could be finishing fates but....

I think I have the worst Ike ever.
2017-01-29 (1).png

seriously whaT is this strength stat
I checked the average stats and he's supposed to be at 11. For non-FE players being 5 points behind is like...super RNG screwed lol

to make up for it he's ahead 3 points in speed. But that doesn't help if he's hitting for 5 damage...on easy mode

oh I forgot to mention that his base strength is 5 with a 50% growth

why

Last edited:

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
With the recent FE announcements, I decided to go back and play the Tellius games, specifically PoR since I've never played it (RD was my first one).
i could be finishing fates but....

I think I have the worst Ike ever.
View attachment 125440
seriously whaT is this strength stat
I checked the average stats and he's supposed to be at 11. For non-FE players being 5 points behind is like...super RNG screwed lol

to make up for it he's ahead 3 points in speed. But that doesn't help if he's hitting for 5 damage...on easy mode

oh I forgot to mention that his base strength is 5 with a 50% growth

why
Try using a character with actual strength growth, like Azura.
tumblr_o6n2puJEbz1ru099po1_1280.png

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

Was suppose to get my prototype done today, however I'll be getting to it tomorrow. So hopefully I can get all of the smaller stuff out the way today.

Also, have an edited tongue twister. :secretkpop:

"Have much Neps could a Nep Nep Nep if a Nep Nep could Nep Nep?"

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Dipped my toe into FG again.

And surprisingly ran into some good players. Ran into a VERY good ZSS player who straight up bodied me. (I will admit, after getting hit by a zero-to-death by him. I practically gave up. :secretkpop:)

I ran into an okay-ish Mario. He would often try and get a kill with DAir > DSmash, though he did throw way too many Fireballs. A terrible Samus who had awful internet. A decent Doc who I beat 2-1 with Lucina/Villager. One player who went too many characters for me to count (But I remember one of them being Mewtwo). I also ran into an Ike who would teabag after every kill. But I pretty much bodied him.

A Falcon who I was getting rather annoyed with, but that's typical FG Falcons for you. But I did bring it back to a close 2-3. I won Game 3 via Shield Break and he SD'd as Roy in Game 4. Though he won in the end.

And finally I fought against a Pikachu who seemed like they had an idea of what to do, but they were playing the Neutral too safe by using Thunder Jolt and they were always killed by Villager's Down B. They weren't aiming for the ledge which was why they lost.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let 'em talk
Switch FC
SW-6881-0865-5788
yeah, you can get a ton of achievements with genji's deflect

a lot of people get mei's cute spray one by reflecting her ult

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Try using a character with actual strength growth, like Azura.
View attachment 125442
If Ike sung a song and danced with water, he'd probably have a good Str stat too. Or if he had less clothes weighing him down. :^)
Funny thing actually...my Azura's strength wasn't anything special either. Even with a non bronze weapon she still hit most enemies for only 1-4 damage. Doesn't matter that much though since she's a dancer unit

Corrin's strength was also a little disappointing, but usable since everything else was godly

...wow I must have terrible luck with Lord strength growths...I don't remember what my RD Ike was like (let's just assume it's bad to follow the trend :secretkpop:) and Micaiah is lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Funny thing actually...my Azura's strength wasn't anything special either. Even with a non bronze weapon she still hit most enemies for only 1-4 damage. Doesn't matter that much though since she's a dancer unit
I think that's because of power creep, and possibly a low base strength stat.

Now, if she had a class that also had high strength...then she'd probably be able to wreck things.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I think that's because of power creep, and possibly a low base strength stat.

Now, if she had a class that also had high strength...then she'd probably be able to wreck things.
Doesn't the weapon's rank also play a part in how much damage the unit can deal? IIRC Songstress only gets up to Rank C which does nothing for YouAreTheOceansGrayWaves, really.

I really liked this Dancer-type unit (well Songstress) compared to the rest. Though what has always bothered me is that Dancers have used swords or lances, but there has never been a magic using one. The Dancers already possess a support-y type of magic or an ability that is unique and just magically makes someone ready to fight again... But there's no magic using dancer. Azura was a Songstress who had a blatantly magical ancient song, yet she just says **** magic. Instead, she'd rather be The Singing Hulk and stab mooks to death with her lolol Str growth.

Also pls make a magic dancer for Fire Emblem Warriors. Like. Insert an OC if you gotta, like they did with Lana in Hyrule Warriors. Juss do it pls.

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Azura was a Songstress who had a blatantly magical ancient song, yet she just says **** magic
I'd imagine it's because the songs are like tomes; Azura can only do one spell because she literally only knows that one song. Which is why she keeps singing it over, and over, and over, and over again.

Well besides that other song that causes you to start groaning in increasing discomfort.

Also pls make a magic dancer for Fire Emblem Warriors. Like. Insert an OC if you gotta, like they did with Lana in Hyrule Warriors. Juss do it pls.
Just insert Lana, tbh.

Tome wielding mage, dressed like a dancer, blue hair, all of HW is basically one giant social link.

She's practically a modern FE character already.

Last edited:

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I'd imagine it's because the songs are like tomes; Azura can only do one spell because she literally only knows that one song. Which is why she keeps singing it over, and over, and over, and over again.

Well besides that other song that causes you to start groaning in increasing discomfort.

Just insert Lana, tbh.

Tome wielding mage, dressed like a dancer, blue hair, all of HW is basically one giant social link.

She's practically a modern FE character already.
Summoning Gate Lana was basically a magical dancer/summoner already so yeee.

I think it would be funny if they added Lana. She's the watcher of timelines/dimensions/whatever for Hyrule, but they can expand and say it's all kinds of dimensions too. So it wouldn't be TOO weird to make her a character that pops up in FE Warriors.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
yeah, you can get a ton of achievements with genji's deflect

a lot of people get mei's cute spray one by reflecting her ult
I think I got Mei's achievement using her

I just found it funny that I was just playing normally and then suddenly Achievement Unlocked: Have the spray of a character you don't use!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
If Ike sung a song and danced with water, he'd probably have a good Str stat too. Or if he had less clothes weighing him down. :^)
I just searched "ike singer water" and this was in the results.

All this needs is a music video featuring water and we'd be set.

I really liked this Dancer-type unit (well Songstress) compared to the rest. Though what has always bothered me is that Dancers have used swords or lances, but there has never been a magic using one. The Dancers already possess a support-y type of magic or an ability that is unique and just magically makes someone ready to fight again... But there's no magic using dancer. Azura was a Songstress who had a blatantly magical ancient song, yet she just says **** magic. Instead, she'd rather be The Singing Hulk and stab mooks to death with her lolol Str growth.

Apparently there were magic-using "dancers": bards in the Japanese-only Jugdral Fire Emblem games; Genealogy of the Holy War (Lewyn) and Thracia 776 (Homer). They were apparently faster and had more HP than mages, but they were not true dancers like the bards that came after them in the Elibe games, Elffin (The Binding Blade) and Nils (The Blazing Sword), Ninian's little brother who is a dancer; the Heron in Tellius, or Azura in Fates. It would be neat if they revisited the bards by combining Jugdral and Elibe's versions making them more like the current versions of dancers who can engage in combat which technically is only Olivia as Azura's technically a different class.

So, the only weapons dancers -- if you include the Jugdral bards who weren't really dancers -- haven't used are axes, bows, and some other weapons like crossbows (Radiant Dawn), daggers/shuriken (Fates), knives (Tellius). Swords make sense from the whole dancing with swords literally as sword dances or because sword fighting can look like a dance depending on the style and circumstances and lances kind of have the same reason. Magic would also make sense since dances are sometimes associated with rituals and stuff. Knives and hidden weapons would fit with dancers too; assassin posing as a dancer and the image of dancing with bladed weapons. Bows and crossbows would be difficult outside of a special character like Azura, Walhart, etc. who have their own classes. Axes can work, but would probably be made as a special case like this Fire Emblem game is set in a world where there's a group of dancers who involve axes in their dances.

Anyway, that kind of makes me wish there was a sword dancer class that perhaps outside of dancers, myrmidons could promote into. Myrmidons becoming so masterful in their swordsmanship they appear like they're dancing. There you go. Makes more sense to me rather than them becoming assassins which ironically, would make more sense for a dancer.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ninian and Nils are interesting because they're secretly ice-dragons, implied to actually be only half-dragon. Then Ninian is implied to be Eliwood's "canon" love interest, and Eliwood is Roy's dad so...

Our boy with the dragon-sealing fire-sword might be 1/4th ice dragon.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I literally spent half an hour practicing this (there's 2 parts):
ALSO DID THIS ALL WITH A CONTROLLER NOT SURE IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT DOING THIS IS RAGE INDUCING FOR SURE
Actually got all the way up there but then fell off the map, but didn't actually and landed on an invisible platform outside of the map.

Then I got kicked off of the server.

So much what

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I literally spent half an hour practicing this (there's 2 parts):
ALSO DID THIS ALL WITH A CONTROLLER NOT SURE IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE BUT DOING THIS IS RAGE INDUCING FOR SURE
Actually got all the way up there but then fell off the map, but didn't actually and landed on an invisible platform outside of the map.

Then I got kicked off of the server.

So much what
pls don't break china

you will anger mei

obligatory FullMoon FullMoon @Chainz.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

About to do some Creative Problem Solving now, so once that's out the way. I can work on my Prototype. So hopefully this'll be quick. Since I'll have to write a 5000 Word Essay next. Shouldn't take too long as long as I don't lose focus.

Eddie The Pacifist

Smash Lord
Mr.R isn't able to come to the USA for at least 90 days.
It was a tough decision deciding which Sheik is more unlucky (between Ramin and VoID) but I think this seals the debate.
:(

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
proof that spritzee isn't alone anymore.

EDIT: SCREW ME gg trashboards alright i completed the pokedex :/

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
rip. Smashboards ain't loading some of the images again.

But on the plus side, I've made more progress on some of the shows I am watching. Nearly done with Cowboy Bebop (7 Episodes left) and Oregairu S2 (4 Episodes left) and I've seen the latest episodes for Gabriel DropOut and Gintama 2017.

Also, looked through some Uni stuff on what I have to do. Going to be focusing on my Creative Problem Solving and the Idea Shortlists too tomorrow.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

You guys have no idea how long I've been wanting to have these things.

And I only got them because a friend of mine from the US offered to buy them for me and then send it over.

I'm going to get myself in huge debts if things keep going this way while still not having any money of my own. I still want to pay Mocha Mocha back for the Greninja plush lol
Remember, no worries. A gift is a gift for a reason

Do avatars not work anymore guys?

Last edited:
Top Bottom