• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
XD

Sounds like a great idea. I'd especially like to see how you handle Double Trouble (Team Rocket's Song); that song kicks ***.

Incidentally, if you need someone to write a WTFP version of the original 4Kids theme, I'm your man!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
XD

Sounds like a great idea. I'd especially like to see how you handle Double Trouble (Team Rocket's Song); that song kicks ***.

Incidentally, if you need someone to write a WTFP version of the original 4Kids theme, I'm your man!

The "Team Rocket Song" is the one in the episodes with Jigglypuff and, later, Igglybuff.

"You know us as Team Rocket
And we fight for what is wrong
We're tired of our motto
So we thought we'd try a song..."

"Double Trouble" is cool, but that song is much cooler.

OH YEAH, a full WTFP song would be good and not just a snippet...if you could write the lyrics to that, that would be awesome...remember - two verses!! :)

EDIT: There is no Pokémon named Jigglybuff.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Ah, yes, THAT Team Rocket song. I had forgotten about that one. Double Trouble is still my favorite *English* Pokemon song ever, though.

Anyway, not a problem. I actually just wrote a parody for the latest episode of my podcast, so the creative juices are still flowing. I'll have lyrics ready soon...

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I don't know any of the songs by name, but I did own the cassette a while back. I'd love to hear it. Do it. Do it now.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
GAH! WRITER'S BLOCK! How I loathe thee so...

Seriously, I've almost finished the song; I just have to come up with a refrain...unfortunately, that's easier said than done.

M.K

Level 55
I do not enjoy the new style. Not much at all. I liked it when you seemed to know what to say, and with the new style, all you do is...rant. I mean, it's still right, but it seems so much less professional than it once was. Uh, I wish you would...I don't want to sound rude but...maybe you could listen to the fans a little more?
I would prefer you to change back to the old style. The new style is worse. MUCH worse.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I understand the complaint here, but clearly you don't have much of an idea about the demand that is involved in writing something that has to be witty and amusing on a weekly basis, much less creating TWO episodes every week. There have only been a handful of complaints like these, and that's not enough to overturn a personal decision like this.

M.K

Level 55
I understand the complaint here, but clearly you don't have much of an idea about the demand that is involved in writing something that has to be witty and amusing on a weekly basis, much less creating TWO episodes every week. There have only been a handful of complaints like these, and that's not enough to overturn a personal decision like this.
I completely agree that writing a script is a time-consuming feat, and I applaud you and your brother for doing so. Thank you for responding so quickly, I am sorry for infringing upon your basis. I still love it, but it seems more rant-ish, less informative, and I guess that just isn't my style. However, keep up the good work.

EDIT: OMG, it is so intimidating talking to you.....

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
New episodes are out, guys, and we'd love to hear more opinions about the WTFP Unplugged CD idea!

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Seriously, I loved these 2 episodes! I hated the Charmander-will-die-without-his-tail-on-fire-thingy. Also, that Damion guy has all those Pokéballs on the table and those people around him are like: 'Dude, that's sooooo cool' while they have no bloody idea what's inside the balls. He could've just caught a whole bunch of Caterpie and they wouldn't even say anything about it.

And same goes for the second episode about Team Rocket using those guns. It's so stupid that they banned the Safari Zone episode (which is actually an essential episode because Ash catches all those Tauros there) but keep this one in!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Warning: Suggestion to Follow

How about, instead of the two of you ranting, one person rants? I realise how difficult it is to write all of the rants about the episode, but I feel that with two people ranting, less actually gets said. If it were just one of you guys ranting, you wouldn't have to write the thing out, but it wouldn't feel so cramped as with both of you guys. Just a thought.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hmm, we'll take it into consideration for the next episodes. Thanks!

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Also, about the CD, I'm feeling apathetic about it. I'm not much of a fan of karoke, and I don't like Pokemon music, really.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, isn't the whole point about the CD that the Pokémon music is so absurd that they mock it even more by making their own versions of it?

ChaoticTH

Smash Ace
Some town in USA Georgia Mains: Falco and Yoshi _
Really sucks that I have no sound on my computer...(Sound chip busted)

Could you maybe start making mp3 downloads again? I could listen to the MP3 while viewing the video. It doesn't even have to sync up foe me to understand the video, but an MP3 is mandatory for most of the episodes...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Guys, I'm so excited.

For the WTFP CD, I just landed a Takeshi no Paradise (Karaoke) mp3.

OH MAN. The fun that will be had...

Anyway, in addition to the new episodes this week, I've been working on the full WTFP theme as well - mostly written by Cyberlink420. Hopefully that can be done around this weekend as well.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Dang you CyberLink! he beats me at EVERYTHING!
Yeh, just in case you don't know, i'm Rocketexecjohn....

XACE-K

Smash Master
Guys, I'm so excited.

For the WTFP CD, I just landed a Takeshi no Paradise (Karaoke) mp3.

OH MAN. The fun that will be had...

Anyway, in addition to the new episodes this week, I've been working on the full WTFP theme as well - mostly written by Cyberlink420. Hopefully that can be done around this weekend as well.
What's Takeshi no Paradise? Also the first song you guys did (forgot the name) was pretty good.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNtypAAI40

But in karaoke form, of course. ED 12 for Pokémon in Japan.

However, an English version was used in the episode "Same Old Song and Dance." It was in the Master Quest arc and featured Igglybuff. It's the "only song Brock knows" and he sang it ad nauseum to stall for time during a concert, if you possibly recall it.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHNtypAAI40

But in karaoke form, of course. ED 12 for Pokémon in Japan.

However, an English version was used in the episode "Same Old Song and Dance." It was in the Master Quest arc and featured Igglybuff. It's the "only song Brock knows" and he sang it ad nauseum to stall for time during a concert, if you possibly recall it.
That song is a crime against humanity

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
I love this series and I hope you do alot more. There was a mistake in episode #14. At the very end of the episode, when it is supposed to be #1 it said #5. Just thought you'd like to know.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
Great episodes again. Also, the theme is really good - excellent lyrics.

The Mewtwo thing in Ep 13 made me wonder: are you guys gonna do a bumper WTFP for The First Movie? There's got to be a helluva lot of mistakes in that thing.

Also, what's the current status on the banned episodes? Will they be skipped? (I know the Porygon and Dratini episodes never got broadcast in English, but I'm curious about the Acapulco one.)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Does the result seem any better?

Oh, and we're not sure about the movie, but we're going to try to do the banned episodes.

Darkurai

Smash Master
The one person rant is much better, imo. I forgot that you weren't scripting it.

Also, Youko, would you be willing to accept another guest rant from me? Especially so soon? I have an upcoming episode that I know something for.

If not, I'll just get my sister to do it.

Top Bottom