• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hopefully by the end of the weekend, we're going to try shooting for Episodes 3 and 4.

T-major

Smash Champion
....honestly, this wasn't good at all...

practically all the reasons you gave as to why the first season was "bad" were ridiculous in the fact that they use real world reasoning and logic to go against cartoon logic.

Example: "Ash can get electrocuted multiple times in one episode. Cartoon or not, you can't do that"

.... um. yeah, actually, you can. thats they whole POINT of cartoons; to have characters do thing/have things happen to them that aren't normally possible... it's nothing but nit-picky reasons that really don't matter at all. the only one I found illogical was the fact that ash can be a trainer at ten.

the fact that I found you boring to listen to didn't help at all either...

T-major

Smash Champion
How does Pok-uh-mon (x53) follow that cartoon logic then?
it doesn't (that was due to poor translation/dubbing), but it has absolutely no bearing what-so-ever on anything, and shouldn't count towards what makes it "bad". it's insignificant, and is hardley noticeable unless you go out of your way to try and find it. and seriously, if you have to go out of your way to find the flaws in something, chances are it's not that bad to begin with...

but yeah, good luck with this. hope it gets better. not that I'll know, because I won't be watching it.

Blackadder

Smash Master
but yeah, good luck with this. hope it gets better. not that I'll know, because I won't be watching it.
Constructive crit is always a good thing, but that last note there seems like you were just aiming to be an arse. Which clashes whith what sounded like you trying to help.

Just saying.

Anyways, I finally got 'round to watching this, and I thought it was pretty neat. The change from Panda seemed a bit jarring, but I'll live.

Hope this goes on for a while!

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
If there's one thing I regret about SMYN, it was that I joined so late into it that by the time I caught up, it was in the middle of the top 10 moments thing, so I never got to write a brawl viewpoint, or anything like that. So methinks I'ma gonna write some sort of rant about an episode. I just don't know which one yet.

Questions! Do the rants have to be in audio form? How long should one be? How appropriate is the phrase super special awesome?

That's about it..can't wait for episodes 3 and 4, which I'll be viewing sometime today or tomorrow!

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
Great episodes. I thought they were much better than the first two.

Episode 3:

Is it bad that I’m actually watching the timer to see that if it is actually one minute?

For #4 I laughed… I was actually thinking about sending a rant for episode 9 about it… Where I thought it was a lot worse…(Scratches that off of the list)… And yes it does sound like the Smash community quite a bit..

#3 I think this makes you wonder if the people writing the show actually played the game at all…

Easter egg: I always find it hilarious what people think pokemon are saying with fake subtitles…

Episode 4:

For the one minute plot recap are you counting the time that the “One Minute Plot Recap” screen is up?

I was expecting number 2 and 1 in the bottom 5. Though Cow-terpie I wasn't expecting that low...

Easter egg: 7… wow… I am speechless…

Next episode… This should be a good one to watch... Maybe I should submit a rant about something... but somebody probably all ready has... (Brock's "Dead" mother)

Are you planning on releasing two episodes a week?

Revven

FrankerZ
I watched episode 4 but, I forgot to watch 3. So, I'll have to check that out later (at school computer right now which = no audio).

I laughed a bit at it, I especially laughed at the Metapod v. Metapod complaint. I can't believe I actually WATCHED that episode... wow, such memories...

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Ha ha, fantastic episodes!

I just sent you guys my rant; it was actually hard finding time to record it, since I've been so busy studying for final exams, but hey, what better excuse to take a break than your 19th birthday?

626key

Smash Journeyman
I've only seen the first episode but Youko doesn't let you down, only complaint, too hard to tell you from your brother
P.S. happy birthday Cyber Link

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
haha great episode even funnier then the last ones.

@t-major
your missing out on the point its to make fun of stupid things they do. Come on dont tell me that the Cow-terpie thing didnt sound stupid or halarius to laugh at.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, after hearing my audio rant again in the line up (Which was ten different kinds of cool by the way) it makes me wish I had said something more then 'it's just REALLY really bad'. Oh, and in case of those who are wondering, the Japanese explination for the 'Cow-terpie' joke is the fact that the Japanese word for Bug and Cow sound very much alike, making the pun that much more unbearable.

626key

Smash Journeyman
One thing I think I remember from the 5th episode (or whatever episode he faces Brock, it's been a long time) is that despite an utter failure to even slightly damage Onix, Pikachu was able to K.O. Geodude with one electric hit

Rhokk

Smash Apprentice
Under ur bed, steelin ur dust bunneez....in Utah
I just watched the 2 new episodes last night. Very well done, Youko and Swordy! I enjoyed watching them! They were of course very hilarious, and it was interesting to hear the first guest rant for WTFP. Be on the look out for a rant by me, eventually...

626key

Smash Journeyman
any clue where one would get a cheep mikerophone? I want to do a rant but I don't have a mike which can become problematic

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
Questions:

1.If we submit a rant and you choose it to be in the episode will you notify us to tell us what number it is so that we can add in the "at number *insert number 1-5 here* '*insert title here*'" or do we just put in what we think it might be and you notify us if its different so that we can redub the line or give it a better title?

2. If our rant has swearing in it do you want us to censor it or will you do that?

3. Can we also send in pictures for the rant if it helps prove the point?

4. Is there a deadline for the rants to be in?

5. Do have a certain length that you want rants to be?

626key

Smash Journeyman
Questions:

1.If we submit a rant and you choose it to be in the episode will you notify us to tell us what number it is so that we can add in the "at number *insert number 1-5 here* '*insert title here*'" or do we just put in what we think it might be and you notify us if its different so that we can redub the line or give it a better title?

2. If our rant has swearing in it do you want us to censor it or will you do that?

3. Can we also send in pictures for the rant if it helps prove the point?

4. Is there a deadline for the rants to be in?

5. Do have a certain length that you want rants to be?
I have a 6th question thats slightly unrelated but where did sword hunter come up with his mascot

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
1. You can come up with your own title, but if you say "#5...#4...etc.," then we can pick where it falls in the countdown.

2. If you could stray away from needless profanities, it'd be relatively appreciated.

3. If you wish to, sure.

4. Um...the Friday before the the weekend in which the respective episode airs?

5. Preferably not longer than a minute.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's nice that you also have guests appearances now, but I think that they should be just as well prepared as you were. No offense, but Silverlines 'uuuuuuh....' kinda got the humor out of the explanation. He should be able to speak as easy and smooth as you guys do, otherwise it sounds a bit awkward.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thanks I think. I was never really one to just say hi in the intro forums, and this made me come out of lurking, because I think it could be great, but you're not quite there yet. As for your contradictions.

1) No way, his last name is Ketchem, and this is a kids show. That would bring up all kinds of questions for mommy.

2) Sure it does. For one, it explains why Professor Oak seems so much more interested in Ash than his own grandson. If Gary knows this, it might explain why they're rivals in the first place. I'll admit, way too much depth for this show, but it would make things interesting.
Hmm... I dislike your attitude and cynicism. I'd like to see you pull something like SMYN together every week, and then give the fans something ELSE to look forward to.

also, 1. I think youre um... overthinking this.

2. No. Professor Oak is NOT his father, as I remember a picture, in the first episode I believe of Ash's mother, father and himself (Yeah, I saw it a few million times as a kid), and he was a young, black or brown haired guy. No professor oak, as he is elderly-ish, and ash would be much older.

Theory finished.

And, this is not exactly... a good way to start yourself out on the boards... especially while talking to a moderator this early on....

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Let it be known through out the land that I am awesome.

Cry it from the rooftops! xD

Rofl

(actually in my own opinion I suck at art but apparently it's good enough?)

I am enjoying the series so far though I have to say I disagree with the Pokérap thing because... well of course we need the Pokérap, it's the Pokérap xD

the Pokérap is made of win and own.

I'm trying to think of something to rant about myself but when I was watching Pokémon all that time ago it could do no wrong.

So It kinda appears in my mind as viewed through Rose tinted Glasses. xD I'm aware there were blindingly wrong moments but still I can't think of any off hand.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Another thing that bothered me about episode 5 was that fire sprinklers K.O.ed Onix, I mean come on.

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
I've been watching these, and I really enjoy them! I also really like the Vlogs. I would prefer them without the swearing, but that's just my opinion.

Great job, guys!

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Another thing that bothered me about episode 5 was that fire sprinklers K.O.ed Onix, I mean come on.
Personally I always thought it was stupid there were Sprinklers in the first place... considering it's a Rock Gym and whatnot... I mean, anyone with a Fire pokemon could have beaten Brock with those Sprinklers in the past you'd think he'd have realised the flaws in having them during a battle by now.

Also there's the whole... well there's a much later episode where Onix gets lightly Water gun'd by Squirtle to cool him down but he enjoys it and doesn't freak out like he does when attacked by the fearsome Sprinkler system.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Oh, how I despise Youtube's crappy and quirky uploading system.

But yeah, enjoy this week's episodes, guys!

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I am looking forward to the Lt. Surge episode as it's always been my favorite. Lt. Surge is just ridiculous and has tons of great quotes.

If I recall, Raichu actually uses FIVE moves, which as we all know Pokemon can only have four. I believe they are "Mega Punch! Mega Kick! Thundershock! Thunderbolt! and BODY SLAM"
my favorite quote ever = ANOTHER BODY SLAMMMM

sometimes I play as Pikachu in Melee and I will put on my Surge voice and downthrow repeatedly and yell ANOTHA BODY SLAMMM. yeah it's pretty amazing. and the way Surge yells UNNBEEELEEEEVABLE when he loses is great too.

And wtf, Pikachu using his tail as a lightning rod? yah okay.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Just watched episode 5 and this guest appearance was amazing. I actually never saw the return to Pewter City episode so lol'ed at this. Those scriptwriters are total dorks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I remember being so pissed at the Pikachu vs. Geodude & Onix fight when I saw "Showdown in Pewter City" waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day. I was a lot younger, but I played the games and that wasn't cool on my part. That's when I was able to establish that the TV show had practically nothing to do with the games.

EDIT: Legends of the Hidden Temple FTW!

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
It's nice that you also have guests appearances now, but I think that they should be just as well prepared as you were. No offense, but Silverlines 'uuuuuuh....' kinda got the humor out of the explanation. He should be able to speak as easy and smooth as you guys do, otherwise it sounds a bit awkward.
Well, it was my first time really doing something like that plus the fact that I had sent them a 3 minute + thing, with number two being the worst of the bunch in terms of how it sounded. But don't worry, if I ever send anything in for WTFP or anything else, I'll make sure it sounds a lot better, and I'll keep doing it over and over untill I've got something that sounds as smooth and well done as Youko, SwordHunter, and Cyberlink.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, it was my first time really doing something like that plus the fact that I had sent them a 3 minute + thing, with number two being the worst of the bunch in terms of how it sounded. But don't worry, if I ever send anything in for WTFP or anything else, I'll make sure it sounds a lot better, and I'll keep doing it over and over untill I've got something that sounds as smooth and well done as Youko, SwordHunter, and Cyberlink.
I had no problem with how you sounded. Of course there is always room for improvement regarding anything, but I think you fit in very well. I enjoyed hearing your rant ;)

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
I had no problem with how you sounded. Of course there is always room for improvement regarding anything, but I think you fit in very well. I enjoyed hearing your rant ;)
Lol, Thanks. Once Youko and Swordhunter get to another particular episode, I'll be sending another Rant to them. Untill then, I'll be working on my speech so I'll sound better then I did when I was with the Guest rant.

Yaya

Smash Champion
I don't have a headset, but I would like to send in a rant for Episode 7. Is it okay if you guys read it on the air?

Top Bottom