• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Here's a tip, guys: If you're recording a rant, use a USB mic instead of one that inputs through the microphone jack. The quality will be better and it'll come out in stereo instead of mono. I actually use the mic that comes with Rock Band, so if you've got one of those lying around, that'll work just fine.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
WTFP is really good, great job guys. I love the faces you two use.

I dont really remember much of the first season, except how two pikachus walked into a bush and three walked out,(that was one of my favorites) and how Gastly cheated in one episode by fusing Blastoise and Venasaur into venastoise(wtf).

Shadow25

Smash Rookie
Here's the thing Youko: don't you think that even though season 1 was flawed, isn't it probably the best out of them all? After the recent...events with Pokemon, it is probably at its worst now. :(

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Here's the thing Youko: don't you think that even though season 1 was flawed, isn't it probably the best out of them all? After the recent...events with Pokemon, it is probably at its worst now. :(
I don't even wanna hear about Pokemon now. It just plain angers me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The thing is, while it is terribly repetitive and mindboggling now, everything has to start from somewhere...

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, it was my first time really doing something like that plus the fact that I had sent them a 3 minute + thing, with number two being the worst of the bunch in terms of how it sounded. But don't worry, if I ever send anything in for WTFP or anything else, I'll make sure it sounds a lot better, and I'll keep doing it over and over untill I've got something that sounds as smooth and well done as Youko, SwordHunter, and Cyberlink.
Yeah I understand that it's weird to have to get used to making a hilarious dialogue that a whole bunch of people will listen to and I don't blame you for that (I would have trouble myself too). Just a tip to keep in mind when you ever do something like this again:)

Spork-Ninja-Draken

Smash Apprentice
Hey Youko, Slightly off topic but Add me for Mario Kart Wii xD I've had the game for a while... I bought it on European release but I haven't really had a chance to play people onlin e too much (most of my friends being American and not owning the game even though they can buy it now xD; )

Eh anyway... waffling aside 5241-2054-7696 and my Kart name is just Draken.

I'll probably only be online during the weekends though.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Off topic: Man! im missing out on all the races! I got MK wii but my wifi failed me once again....
ON Topic: episode 5 and 6 dont seem to be working for me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OK, so here's the deal.

I've had/I have work Friday, Saturday, and today, so putting together this week's episodes have been exceedingly difficult. The audio has been recorded, but that's about all. It will be rather difficult to get this week's episodes out today, but I'll see what I can do.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
OK, so here's the deal.

I've had/I have work Friday, Saturday, and today, so putting together this week's episodes have been exceedingly difficult. The audio has been recorded, but that's about all. It will be rather difficult to get this week's episodes out today, but I'll see what I can do.
Don't worry about it Youko, sometimes life makes things difficult to do things. That's just the way it is. Do what you can do WHEN you can do it, you're fans will understand. :D

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Yeah I don't mind, stuff like that just happens every now and then. I'm excited anyway about the new episodes so a (few) day(s) extra waiting doesn't matter to me.

@ Silverline: Lol at your signature, it actually gets kinda like a freaky hentai movie if you think about it like that:laugh:

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
@ Silverline: Lol at your signature, it actually gets kinda like a freaky hentai movie if you think about it like that:laugh:
Lol, that's the ENTIRE reason I made it my qoute, since that's exactly what it reminded me of, and of course, most 'game girls' I would think be'd familar with it. The girls we've got are either used to being captured by monsters (Peach and Zelda) or used to fighting creatures like that for a living (Samus). In either case, most other female characters would properly freak when our 2-d boy went all Ultraos on us.

"Don't Touch The Octopuss, Kiddies!"

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So for those that were still wondering, I'll be able to get Ep. 7 out in about half an hour or so. I'll have to wake up early tomorrow and finish Ep. 8. But they are coming, slowly but surely.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I am looking forward to the Lt. Surge episode as it's always been my favorite. Lt. Surge is just ridiculous and has tons of great quotes.

If I recall, Raichu actually uses FIVE moves, which as we all know Pokemon can only have four. I believe they are "Mega Punch! Mega Kick! Thundershock! Thunderbolt! and BODY SLAM"
my favorite quote ever = ANOTHER BODY SLAMMMM

sometimes I play as Pikachu in Melee and I will put on my Surge voice and downthrow repeatedly and yell ANOTHA BODY SLAMMM. yeah it's pretty amazing. and the way Surge yells UNNBEEELEEEEVABLE when he loses is great too.

And wtf, Pikachu using his tail as a lightning rod? yah okay.
That's Haxachu for you. You are aware of "Aim for the Horn!" in the Cinnabar Gym Battle and Swellow getting Thunder Armor from Pikachu in Hoenn, right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
You are aware of "Aim for the Horn!" in the Cinnabar Gym Battle
Yeah well, that's like science. To me, it sounds logical that an electric shock on an iron drill would give extra damage. Though it's contradictionary that Rhydon is a Ground/Rock type... But that's another difference with the games: In the anime, Pokémon can attack their opponentes 'weak spots' like the horn of Rhydon or the pearl of Cloyster (in stead of just bashing his outer shell).

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Crappy Youtube buffer, I gotta freaking wait about 15 minutes to get it fully buffed! I'll watch when I have time and patience to wait for that...

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
yea I will probably get it (depending on how much it costs).

BTW I cheacked again and I can watch it now! Great episode (ending of 8 was funny). Wasnt expecting the end of episode 7 :p

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
So no new episodes this weekend. Sorry guys, I'm too busy producing Episode 36 of SMYN.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I just saw a few episodes. I have to admit, I didn't expect to actually like it. I was pleasantly surprised. "It's times like this I wish I'd gone straight..." classic. So now do you have any idea about the next episode?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Great episodes. I for 1 love the new format and im glad its here to stay. We get double the ideas for each countdown :). Episode 9 didnt have an easter egg but it was im guessing 'one of those episodes'.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I watched all the episodes today for the first time and I have to say god job. I wouldn't have thought of these things due to me being 5 when the show first came out. Now I can see how stupid Ash used to be.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Great episodes. I for 1 love the new format and im glad its here to stay. We get double the ideas for each countdown :). Episode 9 didnt have an easter egg but it was im guessing 'one of those episodes' :chuckle:.

"One of those episodes" meaning I didn't want to push the ten-minute limit, even if Youtube is gracious enough to grant an extra minute.

It would have been Misty spouting off "romantic," anyway.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, I had to get used to the new style but I think it's quite ok. The thing is that a monologue can be brought more convincing than a dialogue since you'll talk different in a dialogue. But I think it's allright after all.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I only watched the first episode but I approve of this!

Some of the stuff you can't blame on 4Kids as they didn't actually write the story. And while the pronunciation 'pokuhmon' is kind of funny, I thought it was more funny that the they say the word pokemon 53 times in the first episode. They really want those kids to know what to bug their parents for don't they?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
To be honest, I like the old style better. I don't really think it's comparable to Rundown vs. Roundtable of SMYN because this is less suited to a Roundtable environment, considering you have about 10 minutes to cover everything, and it leads to less actual content. Just my 2 cents.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
The problem is the writing. Writing for something that's weekly sucks more than most realize, to be honest. I'm fine with writing a plot recap and an intro every week, but writing clever, witty bashings as well is too much.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...Why would you pick up that kind of whiff? I'm only explaining why the impromptu, ranting style was put into place.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
WTFP Unplugged:
So, we know probably too much Pokémon music for our own good. Why does this matter? Well, we might just be making a CD with us singing karaoke versions of certain songs. If past musical productions were any indication, it just might be awesome. BUT WE NEED YOUR APPROVAL IF YOU THINK YOU'D BE INTERESTED!!! We don't do it if nobody gives a ****.

Potential Tracks (let's see how many of these you know):

(?) - Still uncertain

Pokemon Ierukana
All We Wanna Do
Biggest Part of My Life
Nyaasu no Paati (?)
Nyaasu no Uta (?)
Pikachu
Mesaze Pokemon Masutaa (?)
Pokémon Johto
Pokérap GS
Song of Jigglypuff
Team Rocket's Song
Two Perfect Girls
MAEMUKI ROKETTO-DAN!!!

If you find a karaoke version of the English Pokérap (Kanto version), please let me know!!

Looking forward to your comments!

XACE-K

Smash Master
WTFP Unplugged:
So, we know probably too much Pokémon music for our own good. Why does this matter? Well, we might just be making a CD with us singing karaoke versions of certain songs. If past musical productions were any indication, it just might be awesome. BUT WE NEED YOUR APPROVAL IF YOU THINK YOU'D BE INTERESTED!!! We don't do it if nobody gives a ****.

Potential Tracks (let's see how many of these you know):

(?) - Still uncertain

Pokemon Ierukana
All We Wanna Do
Biggest Part of My Life
Nyaasu no Paati (?)
Nyaasu no Uta (?)
Pikachu
Mesaze Pokemon Masutaa (?)
Pokémon Johto
Pokérap GS
Song of Jigglypuff
Team Rocket's Song
Two Perfect Girls
MAEMUKI ROKETTO-DAN!!!

If you find a karaoke version of the English Pokérap (Kanto version), please let me know!!

Looking forward to your comments!
It would funny to here this so I say yes, do this.

Top Bottom