• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF, POKÉMON!?! – A Serial Video Mockery of the Anime (RETURNING - Ep. 51 OUT)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sure, doesn't hurt to submit whatever.

And I don't know if anyone saw the video comments saying so, but we plan on doing the banned episodes.

M.K

Level 55
I sent a little something too, that episode was pretty good, but I think I found a good one.

Keep up the good work!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Remember Meta-Kirby, we have to do the work for the episodes for the week days in advance - in fact, episode 15 just has to be finalized and I'm working on editing 16 at the moment. It's probably best to send stuff in advance.

I liked your idea, Solidix Snike, but we'll have to see if it fits well in the bottom five for episode 17.

M.K

Level 55
Remember Meta-Kirby, we have to do the work for the episodes for the week days in advance - in fact, episode 15 just has to be finalized and I'm working on editing 16 at the moment. It's probably best to send stuff in advance.

I liked your idea, Solidix Snike, but we'll have to see if it fits well in the bottom five for episode 17.
Oh, I'm really sorry D: I figured something like that was gonna come up, oh man, well, hopefully the same thing I found is somewhat like anything you guys found.

What episode would be good to critique in advance? Maybe Episode 18?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sure, that one could work. Any of the next few, really. We usually record the audio around Wednesday, so try getting it in before then...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Sure, doesn't hurt to submit whatever.

And I don't know if anyone saw the video comments saying so, but we plan on doing the banned episodes.
Since I can't record, I'll send a written rant in. Just send it to the email adress right?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
I think #2 of Episode 15 isn't just stupid because Ash makes a dumb trade, the scene itself has a major flaw. Ash is on the right side of the machine and the other guy on the left. Then, in the next shot, you see that other guy putting Raticate on the right side of the machine (as you can see the machine at the left side of the shot) and Ash puts Butterfree on the left side (as you can see the machine at the right side of the shot). But when the trade occurs, you see that Raticate gets transported from the left to the right and Butterfree from the right to the left. Wait, shouldn't that be the other way around?

And kuddos on the easter egg of Episode 16.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Ah, the first of three, I belive, of James's Magic Kick. For some reason, several pokemon that are kicked off the screen by James evolve right after it, the first case being Magikarp here and the next one being Mankey into Primeape a couple of episodes down....I can't recall the third at the moment, but this is seriously a WTF thing right there.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
As for future episodes, I'm available to rant on episode 17, further down the road.
I take that back, I can't rant for this episode.
Though, it will be funny to watch. The way that objects come out of nowhere, the phonebooth, Jessie and James lying the sand not able to breathe, giant mechanized pokemon, the cart, the loop-de-loop (WTF), ect.
Should be fun to watch.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I tried to record a rant for the Porygon ep, but...it didn't work out...
I'll have Martham send you it (he recorded)

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
After spending however long watching all your episodes up to date, I found a few points funny, but I also found several things very annoying.

First of all, your introductions and recaps at the end are the biggest waist of time. They accomplish nothing but waisting 3 minutes in each episode. They are never funny and are about as entertaining as Team Rocket's Motto which I wish I could fast forward through every time I see it. Btw, you're making fun of "Who's that pokemon" because you think a ten year old's attention span is better than that, but then you put recaps of what you have done at the end of the episode. Did you think "I" would forget?

Second of all, I think the numbered structure is actually hurting you more than helping you. Each and every episode of pokemon is different (to an extent) and each episode has different flaws and a different number of them as well. By forcing yourself to do 5 and only 5 problems an episode, you're having to cram certain issues that could be talked about forever into small time periods and on other episodes, you have to almost make up problems to fulfill the 5 lowest points. In the first episode for example, you complain that Ash can take electric shocks from Pikachu and still survive, even though it's a cartoon show.

*MOVIE SPOILER*

Indiana Jones can survive atomic explosions by hiding in a led refrigerator. How does that work? He flew hundreds of feet into the air and tumbled down a hill and came out with no broken bones what so ever.

*END MOVIE SPOILER*

If that can happen in something that is not a cartoon, then why can't Ash survive electric shocks? If you can't stand that, then you must absolutely hate Loony Toons.

To rap things up, your series is alright but not near as good as your analysis on Smash Dojo updates and no where near as good as say... Yugioh the Abridge Series (but that is a different kind of humor). Infact, I would have enjoyed it more if you did your episodes by going through the story and telling the flaws as you're going through the story. That would be much more fluid. That's all I have to say, but if you want me to recap things for you, I will.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
After spending however long watching all your episodes up to date, I found a few points funny, but I also found several things very annoying.

First of all, your introductions and recaps at the end are the biggest waist of time. They accomplish nothing but waisting 3 minutes in each episode. They are never funny and are about as entertaining as Team Rocket's Motto which I wish I could fast forward through every time I see it. Btw, you're making fun of "Who's that pokemon" because you think a ten year old's attention span is better than that, but then you put recaps of what you have done at the end of the episode. Did you think "I" would forget?
There is such a thing as constructive criticism. This is not it. Introductions are a "waist" of time? I'll quickly brush over your poor grammar and point out that the introductions help you figure out what the basic plot is in case you forgot or never saw the episode. The recaps aren't too important, but they don't waste (<-proper spelling) 3 minutes.

Second of all, I think the numbered structure is actually hurting you more than helping you. Each and every episode of pokemon is different (to an extent) and each episode has different flaws and a different number of them as well. By forcing yourself to do 5 and only 5 problems an episode, you're having to cram certain issues that could be talked about forever into small time periods and on other episodes, you have to almost make up problems to fulfill the 5 lowest points. In the first episode for example, you complain that Ash can take electric shocks from Pikachu and still survive, even though it's a cartoon show.
In the first season, I don't think that there will ever be a lack of flaws. Yes, it is a cartoon but that doesn't excuse them for breaking the laws of physics. I personally don't think that a ravaged bike could power a mouse to the point that it using an attack results in a huge explosion... and then only Team Rocket is affected by said explosion. I don't mind the rapid electrocutions, but there are some things that can't be ignored despite its status as a cartoon.

*MOVIE SPOILER*

Indiana Jones can survive atomic explosions by hiding in a led refrigerator. How does that work? He flew hundreds of feet into the air and tumbled down a hill and came out with no broken bones what so ever.

*END MOVIE SPOILER*

If that can happen in something that is not a cartoon, then why can't Ash survive electric shocks? If you can't stand that, then you must absolutely hate Loony Toons.
There is a simple reason for that. Indy is Captain Falcon in his days as an adventurer. And of course, Captain Falcon invented the laws of physics so he is allowed to break them. Ash is not Captain falcon and therefore he cannot survive 10 electrical shocks a day. Pokemon Trainer is another story... <best thread evur btw.

To rap things up, your series is alright but not near as good as your analysis on Smash Dojo updates and no where near as good as say... Yugioh the Abridge Series (but that is a different kind of humor). Infact, I would have enjoyed it more if you did your episodes by going through the story and telling the flaws as you're going through the story. That would be much more fluid. That's all I have to say, but if you want me to recap things for you, I will.
Where did he advertise that it was better then SMYN or The Abridged Series? And if he went through the whole story pointing out every flaw, it'd be too long to fit in YouTube's 10 minute time limit. I personally really enjoy watching WTFP, especially sense when I saw it at about 9 or so it was like the coolest show ever. Now I just shake my head in disgust and laugh at James wanting to be straight. On a final note, I have to apologize if it sounds like if I'm kissing Youko's ***. I just love proving a point.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Mocking past Pokemon music? I don't think of it much, would actually prefer not to. But if enough people want to, I could participate in some songs (being a great vocalist). Also, if you're going to do a mock of the past music, the song 'What Kinf of Pokemon are You?' should be mocked : )

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'll try to get a recording of episode 19 ASAP.

By the way, like the Pikaroll avi?
LOVE the Pikaroll avi. If only it could catch on around the internets more...

So Youko, does the news of a new episode of SMYN mean that there won't be any WTFP for the near future?
I actually am in the process of uploading two new episodes. So w00tness.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
Well, some good rants in episode 17, but I was surprised to see no comments about the phonebooth, just randomly being there. The island is supposed to be for touring, not to actually roam on the island. The telephone booth was very illogical, oh well.

Oh, and I'm keeping this avitar instead of the Pikaroll.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, the #1 at Episode 17 was just hilarious. It's a good one, but I still think the looping at the trainrails should've be mentioned too (with nobody falling out of it etc.)
And Episode 18 was great :)

Deception

Smash Ace
Great episodes as always, Youko. Drunk Pokemon and inflatable boobs ftw.

One minor complaint I have though is that the sub titles in episode 18 were a little to small to read. If you do anymore episodes with subs, would you mind making the text a bit bigger?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
That's unfortunately out of my control. It's all a matter of the sub that I find.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Good job but for episode 17, I think the drunk pokemon should've been #1 or 2. Also in episode 18, how do the missile's and submarine's eyes bug out?

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Youko.. yeah, probably haven't seen me before, eh? I'm not on... like ever.. and this is my first post, lol.

Anyway, just a question: Think you guys are gonna make a huge special episode for the first movie when you get to that point? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Youko.. yeah, probably haven't seen me before, eh? I'm not on... like ever.. and this is my first post, lol.

Anyway, just a question: Think you guys are gonna make a huge special episode for the first movie when you get to that point? Sorry if this has been asked before.
It hasn't been asked before, man, but the likelihood of it happening is rather low. First off, with something as big as the Pokemon Movies, there is a lot more then just 5 really bad things about it (Two right off of my head being Pikachu defeating a Golem with a single electric attack as well as team rocket calling Scyther Alakazam.) as well as the fact that the movies fail in general.

Yes, the first Movie had Mewtwo, but it would have been better had it never happened, seeing that the genetic clone wiped everyone's memories so it 'technically' didn't happen anyway.

thedobaga

Smash Apprentice
It hasn't been asked before, man, but the likelihood of it happening is rather low. First off, with something as big as the Pokemon Movies, there is a lot more then just 5 really bad things about it (Two right off of my head being Pikachu defeating a Golem with a single electric attack as well as team rocket calling Scyther Alakazam.) as well as the fact that the movies fail in general.

Yes, the first Movie had Mewtwo, but it would have been better had it never happened, seeing that the genetic clone wiped everyone's memories so it 'technically' didn't happen anyway.
I'll agree that this is true, they could find a lot more things wrong with the movie than just five. But, I mean, as a grand finale of sorts, unless they go on to Orange Island and so on and so forth. Imagine something like a 3 or 4 part episode for the movie. This would be entire up to Youko and his bro, though, so, eh...

And yes, I agree, Pokemon moves are terrible.. IMO the worst I'VE seen is the Entei one, but that's off topic, lol.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I though 2000 was bad....I just hated when they said "the power of one" and Ash got help from EVERYONE.

Top Bottom